Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

Gear VR

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I'll be in no hurry to part with my note 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

This british chick is awful.

3.7MP front camera and 16MP back

don't know if I like the edge screen

nothing there impressing me at all:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

beno619 wrote: »

She's hot as fúck. Great legs and everything. Love her voice and I hate brittish accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I just got the Note 3 about 3 months ago. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

That's Rachel Riley from Countdown and she is spectacular! Now queue the hysteria.

• Advertisement

They didn't say when it was coming out?

leemaree wrote: »
    They didn't say when it was coming out?
    October

I only started watching near the end of the Note edge presentation. When is the Note 4 release date and how much?

She's hot as fúck. Great legs and everything. Love her voice and I hate brittish accents.
    That's Rachel Riley from Countdown and she is spectacular! Now queue the hysteria.

Attractive ? Yes.

Good at presenting phone or witty comments ? Nope.

Insulted the crowed and fellow presenters to many times to count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

So RAM is confirmed as 3GB? ...I may have missed something.

Attractive ? Yes.

Good at presenting phone or witty comments ? Nope.

Insulted the crowed and fellow presenters to many times to count.
    "Too"
    Anyway back to the phone. I honestly don't see any reason to upgrade from my Note 3.
    The lack of dust proofing and water proofing is the biggest let down.
    Most improvements will be available to the note 3 in a firmware upgrade.

• Advertisement

Any where you can watch the show again I missed most of it.

wernstrom! wrote: »
    So RAM is confirmed as 3GB? ...I may have missed something.

Yep, still a 32bit processor so 4gb of RAM would literally have been useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The edge looks cool, but I'm struggling to see any advantage over the flat panel display. If I decide to go for it I think I'll stick to the flat panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

what are the major changes between the note 3 and 4?

Slightly bigger battery and a bit of metal...

I'd imagine the edge would be a goner at the first drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I like it but the loudspeaker placement in itself is enough to completely turn me off the phone. Loudspeaker placement on the back of phones needs to disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Wait So are all note 4s going to be the edge model or is that a separate model? It doesn't appeal to me with the edge at all

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Seperate model.
    The note edge looks awful, Wouldnt have been too bad with both sides chamfered, but just the one :rolleyes:

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Seperate model.
    The note edge looks awful, Wouldnt have been too bad with both sides chamfered, but just the one :rolleyes:

Edge 2, two beveled edges.
    Edge 3, three beveled edges
    Edge 4, four beveled edges :rolleyes:

Seperate model.

Where would you wrest your hand when holding it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Underwhelmed.

Release date of October strikes me as late - why the long lead-in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

When is it being released in Ireland?

The more I think of it unless the reviews are outstanding the upcoming iPhone phablet is becoming more and more appealing. So too the Moto/Nexus one.

Release date is October - Samsung are usually available in Ireland the same time as everywhere else. The Edge is going to be later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

I like it but the loudspeaker placement in itself is enough to completely turn me off the phone. Loudspeaker placement on the back of phones needs to disappear

THIS, won't be changing from the note 3 for this reason alone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What's the best tablet to go along with the Samsung Note 3? Or one of the best tablets around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

pinkstars wrote: »
    What's the best tablet to go along with the Samsung Note 3? Or one of the best tablets around?

if you can wait until October, the rumours are that there is a new nexus tablet due out then.if all the rumours are true about the specs, I think it will be a beast at a fair price and will be running android L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So just watching the presentation here now...

Coincidentally I just picked up my as-new Note 3 today so been playing with that this evening (it's been a while since I had an Android phone) but from what I'm seeing here...

- There's nothing "must have" about the new model :( Most if not all of the software upgrades will be ported to the 3 - either officially or by 3rd party ROMs

- The Edge does nothing for me.. ditto the watch or VR thing

- Audience reaction seems pretty lacklustre as well

- God this blonde one is annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

markad1 wrote: »
    I'll be in no hurry to part with my note 3

Thinking of getting one of these soon. Is there any of that infamous Samsung lag with the Note 3? I've owned each of the Galaxy S 1,2 and 3 and all have suffered lag, with or without custom ROM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

G1032 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these soon. Is there any of that infamous Samsung lag with the Note 3? I've owned each of the Galaxy S 1,2 and 3 and all have suffered lag, with or without custom ROM.

No lag whatsoever on my Note 3 running stock rom. It is light years ahead of an s3 in terms of spec and performance.

I enabled developer mode and set all the animations to 0. It made the phone feel faster. It was already fast but now its faster:D

I thought the Note 3 was quite laggy tbh, but it was better than the S5 which is a stuttering joke at times.

So who is eager to purchase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

I got a exynos octacore Galaxy S4 from Asia last year, I am going to get the Note 4, does the EU model have the Exynos chipset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

pinkstars wrote: »

I was in the lead up to the announcement but rather unsure now. Have cash ready and everything. The October release is probably a good thing so will give me time to peruse all the forthcoming reviews and also see what Apple and the next Nexus have to offer.

The main disappointments for me are no waterproofing, no fingerprint scanner(Not sure about this?), rear speaker, no usb 3.0 and the size of the bezels. The bezels aren't huge but I was really hoping they would be as small as the ones in the fake leak a few days ago. None of these are deal breakers so unless something comes up in the next month or so I'll probably get the Note 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

was nearly 100% before announcement but was left unimpressed tbh, and with the release date being a good bit away i think im going to wait and see what the nexus will be like

I too was 100% before the launch, now I won't be changing.

No waterproofing and rear speaker are the deal breakers for me.
    I've had the Note 1, 2, 3, looks like I'll be passing on the 4:( and I was sooooo looking forward to it.

If the mobile operators are doing good deals I could change but I normally buy sim free with O2 20% priority discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

This is a good video that goes a bit more into hardware details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,439 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Interesting video, good to see the phone up close. He does come across a bit fanboy-ish though.

• Advertisement

Wow the stylus is pink too, and the power button is clicky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I wasn't blown away by anything for sure but the edge version looks like a nice addition. Think ill get that if its widely available. It should be a nice upgrade from the note 2,if i had a 3 then i dont think i would bother.

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

I'm currently on the HTC M8, and am due an upgrade next month. Either way, I'll be keeping the M8, but was leaning towards the Note 4, partly because I enjoyed having the Note 2, and it will have decent resale value.

Some of the things that might bother other people (waterproofing/rear facing speaker etc) don't bother me, but at the same time I must admit I'm underwhelmed. That said, really can't see anything else jumping out at me in the next month or two.

How much of a step up from the Note 2 would it be?

I think it would be noticeable.

To be it seems like a bigger S5 at the moment. Having had the M8 and using an S5 right now keep the M8 and save the upgrade for the M9. I'd also wager HTC might launch an M9 phablet too.

Basil3 wrote: »
    How much of a step up from the Note 2 would it be?

From N2 to N4, substantial. From N3 to N4. Not nearly as much, imo.
    Which is part of the reason i, and maybe many others, are gonna pass for thise round.

Aside from that, it just seems like Samsung aren't doing much to react to their apparently weakening sales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement