Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

moggser wrote: »
    Economic express go for ... tales fee days to process but as i said when it ships it arrives quick.you be mad to pay for basically same service

Ok great thanks i just bought it,i subscribed to their newsletter so got a €10 discount and paid €439.99 for the phone you cant go wrong with that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

There ya are happy days :)

Depends really... once shipped near enough next day thats no joke...3 days max tho

I got this delivered yesterday and yeah it was 3 days i ordered Thursday night and had it Wednesday morning so 3 business days :)

Its really a great phone but i used a nano to micro sim adaptor and when i took it out i damaged one of the springs in the sim tray so now it wont recognise any sim,i got a micro sim from three and no joy :(

Anybody know if this is covered under warranty its my own fault but if its not covered ill have to bring it to a phone repair shop..

Jesus sorry to hear that me owl flower..never ever trusted or would use that in the phone always got sim swapped and i wouldnt even let them cut a sim for me goin in to a phone...in sayin all that im not sure of its covered in the warrenty or where to go about sending to to a LG service centre ....but sending back to eglobal will cost 60.70 euro theres a cheap chinese fixer fella in phibsbro shopping centre he seems cheapest than the one in town

Jesus sorry to hear that me owl flower..never ever trusted or would use that in the phone always got sim swapped and i wouldnt even let them cut a sim for me goin in to a phone...in sayin all that im not sure of its covered in the warrenty or where to go about sending to to a LG service centre ....but sending back to eglobal will cost 60.70 euro theres a cheap chinese fixer fella in phibsbro shopping centre he seems cheapest than the one in town

Yeah its my own fault i just couldn't wait to use the phone and thats what i get for not having patience :(

Ive sent LG an email so ill wait and see what they come back with...

• Advertisement

Do and post up wh
    at they have to say about it be interested in hearing that

Do and post up wh
    at they have to say about it be interested in hearing that

Well LG and egloabal didnt get back to me and any phone repair shop i went to they said that they couldnt fix it so i sent it off to this place in England http://www.mobiledeviceworkshop.co.uk/lg-g3-d855-sim-card-reader-repair-service-2498-p.asp ,it cost just about €70 with delivery

Ooh thats a pricey one aint it... are you goin to send it off?

I sent it off yesterday and should have it back maybe Wednesday or Thursday

Oh ok well grab ya self a new sim when it get back just in case :) still a bummer tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Seriously thinking about getting a G3 but not sure whether to order from eglobal central and benefit from the low price (if I don't get caught for duty which they don't refund anymore) and higher memory & RAM or from amazon.co.uk - lower spec and higher price but 4G will work well and LG warranty should apply. From what I've seen LG only provide warranty cover in the country of purchase (will be using parcelmotel so this would be UK) - from the eglobal central website if anything goes wrong I'd have to send it back to them in China at my own expensive and hope they sorted it out once it got there.

How much of a pain is it to get 4G working on the 32gb version and does it work with all Irish networks? Also would I really see a benefit in the extra RAM as I'm not a gamer or heavy multitasker.

4G wont work as standard,you need the 4g app switcher app that allows you to turn the 4g on in the hidden menu with out the pain of typing in the keys...all tho it seems to be lgs flaw the g2 was the same but not the G flex

digitaldr wrote: »
    Seriously thinking about getting a G3 but not sure whether to order from eglobal central and benefit from the low price (if I don't get caught for duty which they don't refund anymore) and higher memory & RAM or from amazon.co.uk - lower spec and higher price but 4G will work well and LG warranty should apply. From what I've seen LG only provide warranty cover in the country of purchase (will be using parcelmotel so this would be UK) - from the eglobal central website if anything goes wrong I'd have to send it back to them in China at my own expensive and hope they sorted it out once it got there.

How much of a pain is it to get 4G working on the 32gb version and does it work with all Irish networks? Also would I really see a benefit in the extra RAM as I'm not a gamer or heavy multitasker.

4G is working fine on mine and im not using the app switcher i didnt even download it because i had 4g when i took it out of the box.

Also if you do have to send it back it doesnt go to China they have a repair centre in England you send it there.

Thanks - yeah just came across a link about their repair centre in UK https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/return-your-goods-to-uk-now.html#/cmsPage/400

What network are you mooseknunkle?

16gb version on Amazon works out at €517 vs €429 on eglobal - according to duty calculator.com total duty and import charges would be €98.67 if I got caught for them.

I'll be in Derry next weekend so might see if I can get to play with one before ordering from eglobal. Tempted to wait to see the Nexus6\x but if turns out to what's rumoured - a 6 inch moto x - wouldn't be interested.

Edit: import charges might be a bit higher depending on courier's processing fee

Thanks - yeah just came across a link about their repair centre in UK https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/return-your-goods-to-uk-now.html#/cmsPage/400

16gb version on Amazon works out at €517 vs €429 on eglobal - according to duty calculator.com total duty and import charges would be €98.67 if I got caught for them.

I'll be in Derry next weekend so might see if I can get to play with one before ordering from eglobal. Tempted to wait to see the Nexus6\x but if turns out to what's rumoured - a 6 inch moto x - wouldn't be interested.

Im with 3

Which one are you looking at because the 16gb is €393 and the 32gb is €429,to be honest i wouldn't be worried about the customs have a read through this thread it will put your mind at ease http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

Will be going for the 32gb - is this the one you have working on 3? Even if I got caught for customs it would probably only be slightly more expensive than the 16gb from Amazon.

Will be going for the 32gb - is this the one you have working on 3? Even if I got caught for customs it would probably only be slightly more expensive than the 16gb from Amazon.

Yeah this is the one i bought https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

I could be wrong but i remember reading on here that parcel motel return to sender if there is customs charges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement

Not sure why you'd want to be using parcelmotel - eglobal central deliver to Ireland and if you order from a 32gb from Amazon.de there's no duty anyway as it's in the EU.

Edit: import charges might be a bit higher depending on courier's processing fee

Meant to say that the eglobal price above is for the 32gb so well worth the risk.

I love a bright display and am reading that the G3's screen is a little dim. Having said that I mainly use my phones indoors so it might be ok? Is ther anywhere I could try one out in Dublin - maybe one of the asian shops on Moore Street?

Does anyone here have any issues with the phone shutting itself down?,everyday this week it has at random times just shut down not rebooted but turned off,ive googled it and it seems to be a very common problem i found a very big thread about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/lg-g3-d855-shutsdown-t2803292 ive read most of it and my phone is up to date no issues that are causing it

I'm thinking of buying one but this is putting me off. Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but some posts on this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/lg-g3-d855-shutsdown-t2803292/page126 seem to suggest it's a hardware problem. Have you tried checking to see what your main board esndate is?

Edit. This guy has the issue on G3 manufactured in early September so maybe it's not just a bad batch - guess will just have to wait and see

Ive no idea what a main board esndate is :( ,to be honest this problem is really making me dislike a great phone i use it as an alarm clock so if it shuts down during the night then im fecked ,from reading that thread a lot of people seem to think its to do with the sim card and im thinking the same..i hope i can find a fix soon but at the moment its just hit and miss..

It's the date your phone was manufactured - from what I can tell ones manufactured around June/July seem more prone to shutdowns. See the first link in my post above to find it.

It's the date your phone was manufactured - from what I can tell ones manufactured around June/July seem more prone to shutdowns. See the first link in my post above to find it.

Thanks heres my one "<esndate>20140822</esndate>" so it looks like mine was manufactured in August :(

That blows my theory out of the water then. I guess you'll have to return to eglobal central. Would be interested to see what their aftersales service is like. Might be worth webchatting to them to see if they know of a fix.

• Advertisement

Well the phone decided to turn off during the night luckily i had another alarm just in case,it had 100% battery and screen was at 20% connected to wi-fi and no apps running the last shutdowns where during the day when the battery was about 70% and connected to the mobile network with apps running..i really dont know whats causing it but ive had an email back from LG and i just sent them on the details..i also emailed eglobal but there is a 2 day national holiday in Hong Kong so i dont expect to hear from them until next week..

The way im feeling now is i will just get it fixed and sell it on and maybe buy the new Sony Z3.

Might be of interest:

Oct 02 02:02

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a LG G3 from you but have seen reports of random shutdowns http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/lg-g3-d855-shutsdown-t2803292Have you had many returns for this issue and is it fixable?

Thanks

Kind regards

CS1 - Sales & Support (eGlobaL Central (EU))

Oct 03 16:39

Dear xxcc

Thank you for the interest in placing order with us.

With regard to your inquiry please be kindly informed that it is fixable by factory resetting it.
    The shut down might cause by particular apps.

Should you have further inquiries please feel free to contact us

Best Regards,
    eglobal central (EU)

I had an email back from eglobal this morning and they said the same thing "do a factory reset" ,i told them i had already done 2 and it was still shutting down so they will take it back and replace it with a new one,i must say i was surprised with how quickly they sorted it...soon after the said they would take it back i had TNT couriers calling me and we agreed on a pick up time and they collected it this afternoon...

Very impressive service. Wonder does this mean that LG have acknowledged that it's definitely a hardware problem. Will you still be selling on the replacement and getting a Z3?

Very impressive service. Wonder does this mean that LG have acknowledged that it's definitely a hardware problem. Will you still be selling on the replacement and getting a Z3?

I dont know to be honest it really is a great phone so maybe ill give it another chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimmy998

when I checked online, it seemed that 4g would work on the d855 version with 3 network and Vodafone, could someone please confirm that with me.

• Advertisement

jimmy998 wrote: »
    when I checked online, it seemed that 4g would work on the d855 version with 3 network and Vodafone, could someone please confirm that with me.

Im with three and 4g is working fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

On the fence between this and the Z3. Z3 likely to be more expensive and the screen on this is tempting me plus the majority of reviews are very positive. Where did most of you guys get yours from? Seems eGlobal is the place to get it, around €400 for the 16gb version, is that the best price or is it possible to get it somewhere else? I'm on three so i'd need it to be compatible with their 4g bands but as far as I can tell it is. Looking at this one: http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

On the fence between this and the Z3. Z3 likely to be more expensive and the screen on this is tempting me plus the majority of reviews are very positive. Where did most of you guys get yours from? Seems eGlobal is the place to get it, around €400 for the 16gb version, is that the best price or is it possible to get it somewhere else? I'm on three so i'd need it to be compatible with their 4g bands but as far as I can tell it is. Looking at this one: http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

For an extra €40 you can get the 32gb one https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html sign up for their newsletter and you get €6 off so €423 for a 32gb model ,its well worth and yeah im with three and have 4g coverage with no issues.

For an extra €40 you can get the 32gb one https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html sign up for their newsletter and you get €6 off so €423 for a 32gb model ,its well worth and yeah im with three and have 4g coverage with no issues.

Yeah I saw that but not sure I'd really need the extra 16gb. I've got a 32gb Micro SD and don't store huge amounts of music on my phone as I've unlimited data and Play Music Subscription. Out of interest, what colour did you go for? I was in Madrid recently and got to play around with a G3 in a store there which is what got me interested but I only saw the Silver/Titanium model. Whats the white one like? The gold is not for me.

Yeah I saw that but not sure I'd really need the extra 16gb. I've got a 32gb Micro SD and don't store huge amounts of music on my phone as I've unlimited data and Play Music Subscription. Out of interest, what colour did you go for? I was in Madrid recently and got to play around with a G3 in a store there which is what got me interested but I only saw the Silver/Titanium model. Whats the white one like? The gold is not for me.

Yeah go for the 16gb then if you feel you wont need the extra space, ive a black 32bg model and a friend of mine has the gold one the black in my opinion is much nicer and more sleek looking

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, will have to make a decision in a week or two when pay day comes. Will be posting in here if I go for the G3, thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I'm looking at buying an LG G3 in the next couple of weeks from a european supplier as they're not sold in Ireland apparently. Anyone know if it will be 4G compatible with the vodafone network??

Will be buying one myself in about two weeks. The lads on here bought from eglobal and thats where I'm looking. Around €430 for the 32gb. If you find anywhere else let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Pixmania are selling the LG G3 for €418 including vat and delivery. You get a EU warranty plus you won't be caught out by customs as they are sold within the EU. Revenue are clamping down on foreign companies mislabelling invoices so there is a good chance now that you might be caught out and have to pay in the area of about 100€ if you order off eglobal.

pixmania(.)ie/search/LG---G3---Gold---16-GB---4G---Smartphone.html

Thats the 16Gb version with 2GB RAM. Having read up a bit I'd be going for the 32gb with 3GB RAM if only to make it a bit more futureproof. Pixmania are charging €500 for the 32GB G3 in comparison to €430 at eGlobal. I can see why people would prefer to go with a European supplier but I think I'll chance eGlobal, if I do get caught for customs it's not likely to be much more than €70 difference between the two in price and going by the other threads on eGlobal theres a very good chance of getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Thinking of getting one of these amid rumours og the nexus 6 size and price hike.

What are peoples general tuaghts?
    I dont know any one with one to try before i buy so ill be going on a presumption that its nice to use.

Did any one use eglobal with no custom charges?

D_turbo wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these amid rumours og the nexus 6 size and price hike.

I dont know any one with one to try before i buy so ill be going on a presumption that its nice to use.

I bought one from eglobal with no custom charges have a read of this thread lots of people have bought from them with no issues http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

D_turbo wrote: »

I was seriously tempted but went for the OnePlus one instead. Never got to try either before buying. What put me off the G3 was surprisingly enough the screen - reports of washed out colours, not great brightness, poor battery life, random shutdowns in standby and some stuttering. On the other hand removable battery and micro SD card would have been nice. If I had got it would have gone the egolobal route as would still have worked out similar to other sellers if got caught for tax & duty and a lot less if didn't. 2 year warranty is also supplied by them (let's hope they're around long enough!) and I know someone on this thread is expecting a replacement for a faulty G3 so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

There's lots of comparison videos on YouTube for G3 but still no substitute for seeing one in the flesh. I scoured the Chinese phone shops on Moore Street and Cex. (rip off merchants!) but none of them had any G3s. Was supposed to be visiting Derry soon but couldn't get any reply from any of the phone shops there.

I've had my 64gig (more than enough storage for me) OnePlus for a few days now and couldn't be happier with it. Bought from UK store with an invite & Parcelmotel.

I've often thought it'd be great if a boards phone tryout meet up could be arranged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'm based in the UK so picking up a phone isn't a problem fortunately.
    I'm toying with the idea of the LG G3, Galxy S5 or HTC One M8. They're all priced the same give or take a pound here or there.

Does anybody have any recommendations one way or the other regarding the options?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I was seriously tempted but went for the OnePlus one instead. Never got to try either before buying. What put me off the G3 was surprisingly enough the screen - reports of washed out colours, not great brightness, poor battery life, random shutdowns in standby and some stuttering. On the other hand removable battery and micro SD card would have been nice. If I had got it would have gone the egolobal route as would still have worked out similar to other sellers if got caught for tax & duty and a lot less if didn't. 2 year warranty is also supplied by them (let's hope they're around long enough!) and I know someone on this thread is expecting a replacement for a faulty G3 so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

There's lots of comparison videos on YouTube for G3 but still no substitute for seeing one in the flesh. I scoured the Chinese phone shops on Moore Street and Cex. (rip off merchants!) but none of them had any G3s. Was supposed to be visiting Derry soon but couldn't get any reply from any of the phone shops there.

I've had my 64gig (more than enough storage for me) OnePlus for a few days now and couldn't be happier with it. Bought from UK store with an invite & Parcelmotel.

I've often thought it'd be great if a boards phone tryout meet up could be arranged.

Yeah the one Plus one Is to big For me. And if i decide to get a big phone , it will be a nexus 6 as iv been waiting for its launch since i skippd the 5 as my nexus 4 was still fine..but at this rate its eating battery and iv had it since day one so want to upgrade now.

If the nexus 6 isnt Price HIked,and the 5.9" Disply...not mind the whole phone being bigger ....Ill be getting that.

but The 5.9" Rumours are Strong, Few more days to wait for news on it i guess..but Im weighing up options now so i can act fast if its not what i want.

Its between HTC one M8 and LG g3...Iv held a HTC M8 and used one, Loved it. Loce there Skin aswell...But The LG looks much Nicer IMO and iv a fondness For LG after the nexus Line

• Advertisement
Advertisement