Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a morning person?

Options
  • 30-09-2014 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

This time of night is best for me, I'm a night owl, can't stand mornings. What about the rest of you? I'm expecting some sort of joke about ''morning wood'' as it is after hours but we'll see....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Been working irregular shifts all my life, 4am or 4pm, they make no difference to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I try skip them as much as possible. Bring on the night I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

yes that u=is why i am awake at 2:52
    hate being cheerful

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I could be awake all night no problem, but the morning... no.
    I must not have any human interaction or contact for at least 2 hours after waking up. or you'll learn why. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Robsweezie wrote: »
    This time of night is best for me, I'm a night owl, can't stand mornings. What about the rest of you? I'm expecting some sort of joke about ''morning wood'' as it is after hours but we'll see....

Anyone up at this time is most likely not a morning person :)

I myself am as much a night person as it gets. Can't sleep now, can't get up in the morning. Always been like that.

I know, turning off the tablet would be a start. But as you probably know, it doesn't really help, does it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

I'm not a morning person at all. In fact do not talk to me before 12 midday. Much more constructive in the evening. I would love to be a morning person though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Morning people are fucking nightmares. Talking to people before 11am (at the absolute earliest) just shouldn't be allowed.
    And smiling. Who's smiling at 9am for fúck sake?

Morning people can't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Posting at 3:27AM so def not!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

If you asked me that question in the morning id probably punch you in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Morning's are crap, suffered them long enough, I don't think humans should even have alarm clocks(the bastardin things).. I work nights now(taxi)and it's great, I still get my 7,8 or 9hrs sleep, and usually just wake up 'naturally'.
    So no I'm not a morning person... Thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm a very early morning person.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,901 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'm up now and I'm a morning person :-) The joy of shift work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I'm in work for the last hour. Kill me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't hate the morning but I much prefer staying up late to getting up early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I didn't think I was a morning person til I did night shifts.

Man it's cruel. Humans are not meant to stay up all night. I also really, really, missed the daytime.

Back on days now so will be moderately cranky again as opposed to the spawn of Satan.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Just been out for a run with the dog, do i qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 nearyj

I'm a morning person if, and only if, I get at least 7 hours sleep.
    It's taken me a while but iv gotten into the habit of reading a book which usually has me asleep within 30mins.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Trying to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Good morning boards.ieeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Used to be a morning person. just finished me shift 15 mins ago and been on since 10.mornings now only mean I'm a little bit closer to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

I slept for 7 hours and I've been trying to get up for an hour, so, no :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Only after my third cup of coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Yes, I full of the joys of life when I awake, and always look forward to the day ahead :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

no..no I feckin amn't....give me an hour or two will ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Definitely a morning person. Find it hard to sleep past 7am even on weekends. Cant work out how anyone exercises in the evening either, has to be either morning or lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I contemplate leaving my job everyday because I hate seeing 7am.

brummytom wrote: »
    Morning people can't be trusted.

You would hate me then. My the time the girlfriends have pulled themselves out of bed looking for the breakfast I have made them - I have been up - tended the veggie garden, chickens and whatnot a bit - gone for an hour run with the hound - am showered and prepped - and ready to head out the door to work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've no problem getting up early and hitting the gym before work etc but don't try to talk to me and don't expect me to be pleasant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Tried for many years to be a morning person and a night person; wasn't enough hours in the day. Much prefer the mornings now. Love the freshness of the morning and it's when I feel most energised.

Advertisement