Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 15 or Pes 15?

Options
  • 28-09-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

I bought Fifa 15 on the PS4 and have to say I'm delighted with it. First football game for me in 5 years so I'm chuffed with the upgrade. Fifa 10 on the 360 was my last so it's a nice improvement to say the least.

But is the once great PES making a comeback that deserves being looked into? I'm hearing a lot of good things on other fora (stupid word) and most of them are saying PES looks and plays better. Did a tad bit of research and both versions on the PS4 are 1080p 60/FPS and run smoothly so no difference there. But they say the actual graphics and realism are better on PES now. Some even say it plays much better and realistically.

Are these just over enthusiastic PES fans or has the series really made a comeback? Anyone played both please let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gonna wait for pes this year,Its looking good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 correa cristobal

I'd say wait for PES to come out and compare... And also I haven't played PES since PES05 on an original Xbox, but they usually have a better feeling for the physics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I'd say wait for PES to come out and compare... And also I haven't played PES since PES05 on an original Xbox, but they usually have a better feeling for the physics

The Demo has been released so maybe that's where the comparisons are coming from but I'm sure it was playable at a few of the recent gaming shows. The big English one was this week and the Tokyo Game show a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 correa cristobal

I've found that demos don't give you a very detalied view of the game. But of course, if you were interested in going all the way into them you'd buy them both hehehe. So I don't know. I've been playing FIFA on PC and Xbox 360 for a while and it's been good so far (I gotta say the last one you played was really good, Fifa10, but Fifa 13 was kinda sucky), so I don't have that much point of comparisson with PES other than my decade old experience xD

I've found that demos don't give you a very detalied view of the game. But of course, if you were interested in going all the way into them you'd buy them both hehehe. So I don't know. I've been playing FIFA on PC and Xbox 360 for a while and it's been good so far (I gotta say the last one you played was really good, Fifa10, but Fifa 13 was kinda sucky), so I don't have that much point of comparisson with PES other than my decade old experience xD

yeah fifa 10 was sick and the reason i didn't bother getting a new one for so long. it satisfied my needs. I agree with you on the demos. I haven't played the PES demo and wouldn't make a judgement based on them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

the pes demo is ****e lets be honest very laggy framerate and feels very sluggish in comparison to fifa

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the pes demo is ****e lets be honest very laggy framerate and feels very sluggish in comparison to fifa

Crap, I liked the fifa demo but wanted to try something different this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Poor showing from fifa this year imo

i haven't played it yet but sites that test these things have it down as a solid 60 fps running smoothly. What platform did you play it on?

Here are two screen grabs of someone playing it on the PS4. They are not direct feed shots but they are equal for both so we can compare. He says PES is better and if you zoom in you can see more detail on PES.

PES 15 PS4
    Byp5Iw5IQAE9v1c.jpg:orig

FIFA 15 PS4.
    Byp5RESIUAAwkIZ.jpg:orig

Is it possible to set the max resolution on the PS4 like you could on the PS3? If so this guy could have done it to skew the results because there's no doubt there is far more detail on the PES screens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Yogosan

PES demo is phenomenal on PS4.

Yogosan wrote: »
    PES demo is phenomenal on PS4.

I will try it out next week for sure. Have you tried the FIFA 15 demo and how does it compare for you?

Half way down the page on this Neogaf thread there are more comparison shots. PES looks like it has stepped up big time.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903008&page=3

And more screens on this page

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=903008&page=17

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gameplay is way more important than graphics in relation to these 2 games.

The Fifa vs PES debate was never about graphics, sure official licensing didn't matter. It was always about which played a better game of football

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I like the PES demo. However Konami should be getting the game out earlier as most people who might have been interested will pick up FIFA as it is there months earlier. If the final game plays like PES 6 then I'm all over it like a rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just check out the demo. Have a back to back game with fifa and pes to see which one looks better.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Gameplay is way more important than graphics in relation to these 2 games.

The Fifa vs PES debate was never about graphics, sure official licensing didn't matter. It was always about which played a better game of football

I'm going to get the pes demo tonight. Have you played both?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

Bought Fifa this weekend but after playing the PES demo I'll be moving to PES in november.
    Really enjoyed the gameplay improvements and even graphically its improved massively, try the demo anyway and see if your into it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Pro Evo 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haven't played PES yet, but Fifa is excellent this year. Really enjoying it compared to 14, which was absolute ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

14 was grand. Only thing that left it down in my opinion was the lack of a tournament mode. A baffling decision by EA

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Can you still not pass the ball 30 yards along the grass in Fifa? Cause if not, i'll stick to Pro Evo.
    I remember the 1st true Fifa game where people were like "oh this is actually on Par if not better than Pro Evo for physics, I think it was Fifa 2011 or thereabouts.... Hold X full force for a ground pass.... ball goes 20 yards and slows to a stop. F**k that like, I was pinging the ball around in Pro Evo like my players were cyborgs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Dcully wrote: »

And I was just starting to get excited. Ah well.

Fifa 15 is great and all but I'm pissed off how an annual game like Fifa can launch with problems. There was that bull**** where you connect ot the EA servers and the game stutters to a standstill.

The most annoying though is the trophies glitching. Get promoted in online seasons gold trophy won't f*cking pop for me. And I've been promoted twice. Obviously selling 5 million in 2 days isn't enough for EA to justify the costs of testing the game properly. For these reasons alone I hope PES goes mainstream again and gives them real competition for once like the good old days. EA getting too complacent without any competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I wish Konami would bite the bullet and hand development of PES over to someone that knows about football.

Developing a football game in Japan was a disaster - the cultural differences was noted and this year for 2015 they've delegated large swathes of it to London based developers. I can live without licenses because I'm on PC so I can download mods for real faces, real kits, every league I could ever want....I once played with Concord Rangers in the Skrill South Conference - all mods.

EA are underhanded b*stards. They've completely locked out every other team from gaining licenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I traded in FIFA 15 and am back playing 13 so I would advise to thread carefully!

From co-workers to other posters and other forums, it seems the major consensus is one of disappointment.

I'd love if someone new came in and made a game in the mould of ISS Pro Evo. Realistic enough without going too far. Just about the gameplay being fun, more cartoony than picture perfect. Or completely fun based. FIFA 15 was the least fun I had with a game in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I have Fifa 15 and have also been playing the Pes demo on and off and just based off playing against the computer Pes is hands down the far better experience.

Fifa is a disaster playing against the computer, for that alone I'll be buying Pes this year.
    Fifa is fun playing against friends but it's total and utter **** doing career mode and online is a bit of a mess with the kick off glitch and pace dominating aswell as the poor defending and dodgy goalkeepers.
    This year Pes resembles a football game, Fifa is just give it to the lad who can run fast. Pes has a bit of a learning curve and the more I play it the more I'm enjoying it.

I'm interested to see what Pes can offer with the online modes but based on the demo I'll be happy enough playing it just for career and against friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

PES need to concentrate on building a manager mode alongside the dept of Football Manager. That would give it a significant card to play. Sure, deep managerial games are not mainstream but it's something Fifa haven't included.

Regarding licenses, concentrate on gaining lesser known leagues. Get the MLS, Mexican, South American, African and Asian leagues if UEFA is locked down. One of the draws Fifa has for me is that I can start with a Division 2 team and work my way up to the Champions League with them. PES need to create that pyramid structure if even they're not the real club names at least the infrastructure will be there for players to edit and give a more enjoyable experience overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Dayum wrote: »
    PES need to concentrate on building a manager mode alongside the dept of Football Manager. That would give it a significant card to play. Sure, deep managerial games are not mainstream but it's something Fifa haven't included.

There's a reason no non-football manager game has come close to that level of depth. Building that as a PART of a game, never mind the entire game, is pretty much impossible

Advertisement