Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bumbulance equipment stolen at Ploughing Championships *DONATION DETAILS IN OP*

• 25-09-2014 2:20pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Special place in hell reserved for people like this.
    Children's ambulance has equipment stolen at Ploughing Championships

25/09/2014 - 13:23:54Back to Ireland Home
    Equipment has been stolen from a children's ambulance at the National Ploughing Championships in Co Laois.
    The 'Bumbleance' provides stress-reducing journeys for children.
    It is also the first interactive ambulance specifically designed for kids, and comes complete with a 19-inch TV, a Playstation 3 and an iPad mini.
    But today, the group tweeted to say someone has taken equipment from the vehicle.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/childrens-ambulance-has-equipment-stolen-at-ploughing-championships-643159.html

TO HELP RAISE FUNDS TO REPLACE THE STOLEN EQUIPMENT TEXT "BUZZ' TO 50300. TEXT COSTS €4 AND ALL MONEY GOES TO THE CHARITY.

You can also donate on their website
    http://www.bumbleance.com/product/make-a-donation/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Dubs no doubt

*runs away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

MarkR wrote: »

And rightly so!!! The feckers!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Jesus Christ. The Bumbleance was just up at Finn Park a few weeks ago. A vital service for sick kids. There is some scumbags about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Absolutely ****ing disgraceful ,

The bumbelance provides an amazing service for very sick / terminally ill children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

F**king scumbags no other words can describe them.

• Advertisement

Jesus. Santa Strike Force would have donate much of that equipment. That's really sad to hear :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Dubs no doubt

*runs away*

If we are to become an angry mob, the farmers are the ones with the pitchforks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

Ugh... faith in humanity plummets ever further down the drain.

I hope a comet hits the knackbag responsible.

conorhal wrote: »
    Ugh... faith in humanity plummets ever further down the drain.

So many people (this forum in particular) have put huge work into raising money for this project. Some folk even went as far as getting their kit off to fund it. The people who started this charity did so to help other children, after their own had succumbed to battens disease. A team pushed the ambulance up to Dublin, and for an entire half marathon last Saturday.

People are good. Most people want to help this cause. Please don't let a scumbag or two make you look negatively on humanity. Humanity is why this ambulance even exists.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

New items for sale on my Adverts page

A 19-inch TV, a Playstation 3 and an iPad mini

Going cheap, quick sale required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah.... not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How much did you get on adverts for your soul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: Considering what people here have done to support the Bumbleance, best not to be making jokes right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

That is so depressing, how scummy to you have to be to do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Place in hell indeed along with those who rob stuff off graves and steal charity boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Maybe a quick whip around from AH posters at €2 might help

Gatling wrote: »
    Maybe a quick whip around from AH posters at €2 might help
    If people want to donate, the website has various options on it: http://www.bumbleance.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Her name was Lola

Just saw an interview last week with the founder. God, how bad do you have to be to rob a child's ambulance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Do we know what was stolen ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Hopefully someone may come forward with information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

There are people out there with no moral compass. No decency, no compassion, no respect for other people or society.

It's a relatively small crime but depressing to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I hope Karma comes and destroys the scum that did that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

humanji wrote: »
    If people want to donate, the website has various options on it: http://www.bumbleance.com/

Can you donate items or just cash? I have a perfectly good 26 inch flatscreen I'd like to donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

Myself and the family were at the charity event in Finn park a couple of weeks ago, what a great service this is for kids, hope the thieves rot in hell, no need to rob sick kids.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Totally sickened by this. I'll donate when I get home later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Took the liberty of reposting this in the Farming & Forestry forum on the off-chance that an attendee may have spotted something. Hope mods/OP don't mind..

EazyD wrote: »
    Can you donate items or just cash? I have a perfectly good 26 inch flatscreen I'd like to donate.
    I'm not sure. You can email them on the site, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

According to this:
    "One blaggard stole two lockers-worth of medical equipment.” A number of oxygen saturation probes were stolen, devices used for measuring pulses.

Sounds like junkies or kids to me :( :mad: Although what they'd want with that stuff is beyond me? Especially if they left the electronics stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    According to this:

Sounds like junkies or kids to me :( :mad: Although what they'd want with that stuff is beyond me? Especially if they left the electronics stuff?

Opportunistic crime? Grabbed a couple of EMT bags and ran? Quite possible that the likes of iPads, TVs and such would have been locked away, while medical gear, by its very nature, would be easily accessible.

Doesn't matter - either way they're scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Sounds like junkies
    I immediately thought of bubbles from the wire.

I doubt you'd get too many junkies making their way out to the ploughing championship. I'd say some **** just saw it unguarded and stole it on the assumption they could find someone who would buy the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the gear will probably turn up at some market in the near future sold by the elvis lookalikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Were the contents of the van insured?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

For those of you who don't know, Bumbleance is a child ambulance service, run by Tony and Mary Heffernan whose two children dies from Battten's.
    As well as transporting ill children to and from hospital, the Bumbleance does "angel trips" to allow parents bring their dying children home to die with their families around them

http://www.bumbleance.com/

At the ploughing today, some hoor stole €800 from the ambulance. Please share this on social media if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Some people just shame the human race :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus Christ, how low can people stoop? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Evil bastards!

Stealing from sick children is beyond low.

Karma will get them, rest assured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Threads merged.

Mod

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If you want to help to replace the stolen Bumbleance equipment text BUZZ to 50300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Cnuts

Did the look of the ambulance not give away that it was for kids? Let's rob it anyway.

What scumbags. Hope they die a slow, rotten death.

It seems Tony turned away for a minute to take a call from a parent of a seriously ill child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Scummy thing to do. I world assume (and hope!) it was all covered by insurance, but I'm sure those responsible could do without the hassle involved with a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

If you want to help to replace the stolen Bumbleance equipment text BUZZ to 50300

Done and will share on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I wonder if these horrible excuses for humans have children themselves. How would they feel if it was their children this was done to. What kind of upbringing turns out people like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Its awful. My daughter attends crumlin regularly and we ofter hear hospital complaining of play equipment being stolen from St Johns. (Cancer unit). People who do stuff like that have no empathy for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

It seems Tony turned away for a minute to take a call from a parent of a seriously ill child.

I read that. Its absolutely heart breaking. Took a call from a parent to book the bumbleance . Then it was robbed.

Seriously, I have no words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭fits

I hadn't heard about the bumbleance but I'm really upset about this. How awful to do something like that. How low a human being you would need to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I actually have no words... I am honestly just... Wow.

I actually requested an IOU from Meteor to be able to donate!

So shocked something like this would happen ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Thing is it makes a huge difference to sick kids, but the thieves will probably only get about 200 euro for it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

EyeSight wrote: »
    Thing is it makes a huge difference to sick kids, but the thieves will probably only get about 200 euro for it all
    They'll probably get nothing for their haul. If they got some drugs they can sell them on the street but I don't think you'll get to many doctors buying equipment off random strangers, especially when it's so specific.

When it makes national news they'll probably just dump everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

ScumLord wrote: »
    They'll probably get nothing for their haul. If they got some drugs they can sell them on the street but I don't think you'll get to many doctors buying equipment off random strangers, especially when it's so specific.

When it makes national news they'll probably just dump everything.

I thought they took a tv, ps3 and ipad mini?
    EDIT: the article says it has those items(not sure why they'd mention it if it wasn't stolen).

• Advertisement
Advertisement