Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you completed? 2014 Edition

Options
  • 06-01-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

Well it is 2014 so time for this years edition of the this thread. Just list what games you beaten this year and update it as the year goes by.

The 2012 thread is here.

The 2013 thread is here.

I had a decent year last year, completing 26 games. I'll get the ball rolling for this year:

Guacamelee [PS VITA] - Terrific game. The game is so well designed and the controls are just perfect. Just as well because some of the platforming challenges are very tough. I'm only about three trophies shy of the platinum trophy but I don't really have the time for a second playthrough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Started and finished in 2014:

1. The Walking Dead - GOTY [xbox 360]
    Really enjoyed it and cant wait for them to release season 2 on xbox live here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

1st game to pass this year is Zelda a link between world's.
    Might aswell say I completed Mario kart 7 aswell, unlocked pretty much veverything in the game at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Fifa 14 PS4 - season 1, division 10 - no promotion :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Resogun - Rookie level completed, now on to the much more difficult normal mode!
    fantastic game, however eyes start to hurt after about 25 minutes of gameplay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Brothers - A tale....

Finished it in one sitting, loved it so much I started it's own thread.

Might try and finish Walking dead next as I've had it for 6 months but it bores the crap out me. At the train over the bridge part.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rage and the scorchers dlc

kinda meh, moments of inspired brilliance but overall far too easy and far too dull

ill probably go back to it in the future with a rebalance mod or something

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Metal Gear Solid 4 (just got a PS3, so this will be the year of working through the exclusives)

Zelda: Link Between Worlds

Hopefully starting the Uncharted series soon if I get a quiet evening

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The Stanley Parable, doesn't really count though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

RasTa wrote: »
    Might try and finish Walking dead next as I've had it for 6 months but it bores the crap out me. At the train over the bridge part.

Stick with it. I thought the last couple of episodes were in a different league.

Great way to keep track of what I've played. Woudn't have a clue otherwise.

This year so far:

PS3

GTA V (mostly played in 2013)
    Rain

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sin0city wrote: »
    Stick with it. I thought the last couple of episodes were in a different league.

i was always kinda curious about the walking dead but I dodnt like those sort of games so I figured i was just **** out of luck. then randomly therre was a hot asian chick streaming the entire first season on twitch so got to look at them. they're pretty good, if you can deal with the adventure game shenanigans.

i was always kinda curious about the walking dead but I dodnt like those sort of games so I figured i was just **** out of luck. then randomly therre was a hot asian chick streaming the entire first season on twitch so got to look at them. they're pretty good, if you can deal with the adventure game shenanigans.

Yeah, I tried the demo ages ago and didn't like it but when the awards kept flooding in and the first season was a tenner on PSN I picked it up.
    It is slow at times and the gameplay is fairly mediocre but it's heavily character driven and the story really comes into its own in the last couple of episodes. I didn't really see what all the fuss was about until I'd finished it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Batman Origins: Fantastic story and had some amazing moments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Batman Origins: Fantastic story and had some amazing moments

Not Sonic Lost Woods? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not a full game but finished the Enter The Dominatrix DLC for Saints Row 4....that ending
    WHAT. THE. ****. DID. I. JUST. WATCH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got a PS3 to play the exclusives I never got to on 360.

Completed GTA5
    Completed Uncharted 1 (completely average game)
    Playing Uncharted 2 / The Last of Us

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The Stanley Parable, doesn't really count though.

nah, it completed you!

Completed Brothers (Amazing game - thanks Rasta for starting the thread!)
    and Rain (not as good as Brothers but I really liked it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag ps4 - The ending was immense, helped by the fact I love that song "The Parting Glass" even if she did butcher it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

sin0city wrote: »
    Yeah, I tried the demo ages ago and didn't like it but when the awards kept flooding in and the first season was a tenner on PSN I picked it up.
    It is slow at times and the gameplay is fairly mediocre but it's heavily character driven and the story really comes into its own in the last couple of episodes. I didn't really see what all the fuss was about until I'd finished it.

Its the character development. There really isnt much of a game there though. I enjoyed it for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm adding to my list for 2014.

Guacamelee [PS VITA]

Adding:

The Last of US [PS3] - The game is an amazing technical achievement, is wonderfully written and contains characters that you really do begin to care about. Unfortunately, the part where you actually play the game is the weak link.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds [3DS] - I summed up my thoughts over in the main thread but to sum up I loved it despite it being too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Finished Skyrim main mission today, had the game borrowed off someone so feel I need to give it back so I can borrow The Last Of Us off him :D
    Downloaded Brothers today so might try knock that out over the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Finally finished Portal, although only started it last week.

Very close to getting sick on level 17

• Registered Users Posts: 13,833 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally got round to finishing Dead Island: Riptide. Same as the first one, which i enjoyed, so i enjoyed this too. That ending though...

And i'm after purchasing DayZ Standalone. I think i won't be completing many games this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Finished Tomb Raider, while the story was pretty good the gameplay didn't grab me enough to make me want to seek and explore all the hidden tombs. Still enjoyed it all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Not Sonic Lost Woods? ;)

Lost world i will buy eventually when it drops in price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Finished Saints Row 4 thoroughly enjoyed its stupidity and then the truly terrible Homefront, which was also full of entertaining stupidity albeit unintentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Xbox one:

Peggle 2 - Amazing game. Better than the first.

Ryse - Great graphics but very basic combat. Worth a rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bioshock Infinite (pc)
    Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point (i think) (pc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just finished Brothers(Tale of two Brothers) first game in a while Id recommend 100% to everyone. Great little game and taught me a valuable lesson
    Trying to get the ride always leads to trouble ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Finished A Link Between Worlds last night. Could very well be the best game I play all year...all downhill from here :P

Advertisement