Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy kicked out of college for having sex with a woman!!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

What if two drunk women have consensual sex?
    Who blames whom for rape there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

There's always a good w*nk!

If men had any sense, they'd stop having one night stands. It's too much of a risk to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Wompa1 wrote: »

If men had any sense, they'd stop having one night stands. It's too much of a risk to take.

In this case she initiated the sex??
    Men can't be blamed for every one night stand that happens.
    If women want equal rights at least they should have the courage to admit this.
    Can see this thread heading to "all men are bastards" territory...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

djflawless wrote: »

It doesn't matter. Don't fall for it. RUN, RUN YOU FOOLS! We've been on top for too long, our comeuppance has arrived. Don't trust anybody! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

djflawless wrote: »
    But that never happens despite what some folks like to tell themselves. And it's post 125 now and it hasn't happened.
    Actually, with the "men should stop having one-night stands, it's too risky" thing the thread has actually headed in the "all women are bitches" direction.

Of course men can't be blamed for every one-night stand that happens - which women don't have the "courage" to admit that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

But that never happens despite what some folks like to tell themselves. And it's post 125 now and it hasn't happened.
    Actually, with the "men should stop having one-night stands, it's too risky" thing the thread has actually headed in the "all women are bitches" direction.

Of course men can't be blamed for every one-night stand that happens - which women don't have the "courage" to admit that?
    Well imo that's just what this case highlights??
    No memory my rod!
    Agreeing with another poster who reckons she woke up, got embarrased, and cried rape.
    The text she sent doesn't exactly lead towards a sexual assault case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Well yeh there's no denying it happens but that doesn't mean women don't ever take responsibility for one-night stands. The majority do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Horrible story and as mentioned on the first page of the thread, the guy could be left permanently stigmatized.

If you scroll down far enough, you get to probably the most troubling paragraph of the entire article:
    During the trial two months ago, Duke's dean of students, Sue Wasiolek, was asked whether she would characterize a situation in which two students "got drunk to the point of incapacity, and then had sex" as their having raped each other. No, she said. Rather, "Assuming it is a male and female, it is the responsibility in the case of the male to gain consent before proceeding with sex."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

osarusan wrote: »
    Horrible story and as mentioned on the first page of the thread, the guy could be left permanently stigmatized.

If you scroll down far enough, you get to probably the most troubling paragraph of the entire article:

Well, she was just towing the College 'party line' so to speak. What was actually more worrying for me was that the girl was convinced by other people that she was raped (was it the psychologist?), who later claimed the report was inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Well, she was just towing the College 'party line' so to speak.
    Is it the party line, or is her personal opinion?

Which is worse? That it's her opinion, or that it's the party line at a pretty famous and prestigious university (not the institution in question, mind).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

osarusan wrote: »
    Is it the party line, or is her personal opinion?

Which is worse? That it's her opinion, or that it's the party line at a pretty famous and prestigious university (not the institution in question, mind).

I'd say it's her personal opinion which just happens to agree with the college policy, if that makes sense?

This is actually the bit I was referring to -

Occidental sociology professor Danielle Dirks, whom Jane turned to in the week following the incident, told investigators she believed Jane was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, noting the freshman was having trouble sleeping. Additionally, the report states, "Dirks noted that Jane Doe's reluctance to call what had happened to her 'rape' was consistent with other victims of sexual assault whom Dirks has talked to on campus."

Overall, Dirks said, Jane's symptoms were like "the dozens of other survivors [of sexual assault] I have met with on campus."

From the onset of their discussions, Jane's testimony indicates, Dirks appears to have concluded that Jane was raped — telling Jane that John fit the profile of a rapist and that, from her observations, there was a pattern of male Occidental students who take advantage of drunk female freshmen.

[Jane] stated that she had learned that 90 percent of rapes are done by repeat offenders. She stated that another reason she decided to report this incident was because, based on what Jane Doe was told by Professor Dirks, John fit the profile of other rapists on campus in that he had a high GPA in high school, was his class valedictorian, was on [a sports] team, and was 'from a good family.'

In a statement to Business Insider, Dirks said that there were factual inaccuracies with how her discussions with Jane were reported:

Regarding my alleged statements on the 'profile of a rapist' at Occidental, the College's investigative report misrepresents my statements and contains factual errors regarding my involvement in the case. Had I seen these documents prior to them being posted online, I would have sought correction at the time. When I asked the College to correct false statements made by their representatives about me, they declined to do so, citing that they were unclear on the 'wisdom and the legality' of publicly commenting on ongoing litigation. I shared my grave concerns with Occidental's president that the publication of these documents will discourage other Occidental students from reporting sexual violence and witnesses from serving in these cases.

Jane said that Dirks' counsel was not the only reason she decided to file a complaint and speak to the police. Rather it was a dawning realization of how much the incident had affected her emotionally, and the sense that John remained unconcerned.

As the report put it, "She noted that he attended his classes without difficulty, and she 'saw that he wasn't fazed by what had happened at all.'"

In other words, Jane Doe seems more upset by the fact that John Doe wasn't having any difficulty with what had transpired between them, and it seems, to me at least, that she wanted him to 'suffer' so to speak, as much as she was suffering, trying to come to terms with the fact that she'd engaged in a drunken sexual encounter and was just as much responsible as John Doe for what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Wompa1 wrote: »

I masturbate cause I'm the only one whose standards are low enough to fcuk me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭DexyDrain

smurgen wrote: »
    To be honest it would put you off having casual relationships. Too many nut cases out there who'll take you and your reputation down with them

I think this is the one of the main driving forces behind this trend.

Casual sex is a much worse state of affairs for women than men. When sex outside long term relationships is rare then women have more leverage to ensure costly signals of long term commitment from men.

When feminists tried to change the perception of women who causally sleep with men from 'sluts' to empowered women as a group, they inadvertently removed the main bargaining tool individual women had to secure costly signs of commitment from partners. Saying that a 'lady' waits for at least five or six dates automatically infers that women who don't wait are un-lady like at best and sluts at worst.

Being a feminist looking for a long term relationship, you can't call the women who short-circuit your main 'bait and wait' strategy 'sluts', so it's far better to have men afraid of going to jail for having a drunken fling than having women afraid of being teased, called names and sniggered at. The term 'rape culture' was invented to make this sound like it is a real, plausible state of affairs and a very real risk to men falling foul of.
    It leads to the same main goal, decreasing the amount of casual sex, thus increasing the likelihood of costly commitment from men to secure unambiguous consent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭SeanW

That sounds consistent with a lot of the venom coming from the feminist-left.

Advertisement