Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

VW 1 wrote: »
    A real beauty, can you share the model name/number if you have it handy?

Jpt-tw35

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Henry London Moonphase. Birthday gift from my wife.

466740.JPG

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My Steinhart Ocean One 39. I feel bad for all my other watches as I can hardly take this one off!

467201.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,961 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Great watches for very little money. I wear my green 42 with more formal clothes, the Seamaster is my casual watch :D

You still fidgeting with that shiny new wedding band? :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

unkel wrote: »
    Great watches for very little money. I wear my green 42 with more formal clothes, the Seamaster is my casual watch :D

You still fidgeting with that shiny new wedding band? :D

I am! Can't stop myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Haven't worn this one in ages. The Rotary Skeleton automatic.

I liked it at first and then I didn't. Now I appreciate the fact that it doesn't have a date function. So give it a wind, set the time and you're good to go :cool:

467213.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Loving my white dial milgauss more and more, could never understand why it was so loathed at launch.

IMG-20181127-212556.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

New arrival as of today.

467543.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That is a cracker. Love that dial and the markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Just arrived in the post today, Merkur V2 Tuna.

467646.jpg

• Advertisement

I like that!

Never heard of Merkur before. The watch seems to be a Chinese made "homage" to the Seiko Tuna, using a Seiko automatic movement and priced under USD200? If so, what's not to like there? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

467670.jpg

Haven't worn this in a long while so broke it out yesterday. I currently have just 3 I think Seiko's in the collection so it's about time to add another one to the mix.

I like that!

Never heard of Merkur before. The watch seems to be a Chinese made "homage" to the Seiko Tuna, using a Seiko automatic movement and priced under USD200? If so, what's not to like there? :)

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, $169 delivered which is Seiko 5 territory. Specs are Seiko NH35,
    AR coated sapphire, lumed ceramic bezel. The downside being a three month wait but that's par for the course with a microbrand. It came on a polyurethane strap so I've ordered an uncle Seiko razor wire bracelet for it.
    I guess the big question is ,if it looks so much like a dive watch can I dive with it? I plan to find out in the new year.
    Here's the look I'm hoping for on the bracelet.

https://www.uncleseiko.com/uploads/7/6/8/5/76851891/s378755113293535586_p118_i12_w968.jpeg

Unkel , I'm a fellow Rover 75 owner, two of them actually, automatic diesel Connie tourers.

njburke wrote: »
    if it looks so much like a dive watch can I dive with it?

Of course you can. If it is rated for 200m, then a bit of scuba diving should be perfectly fine.
    Unkel , I'm a fellow Rover 75 owner, two of them actually, automatic diesel Connie tourers.

Sweet! We had ours for 5 years. Bought it very cheaply when it was 5 years old. We drove it on a shoe string during the worst part of the recession. Didn't change the timing belt even though it was due and I did all the other maintenance myself. We had the 1.8 K-series petrol engine that every fool in the pub and in the trade will tell you to avoid. Never a bother though, some very minor stuff like a faulty airbag sensor, a faulty coolant temp sensor and a door handle that I broke when I forced it in the big freeze of 2010

The jatco auto diesel touring Connoisseur was probably the cream of the crop, I take my hat off to you, Sir :cool:

Of course you can. If it is rated for 200m, then a bit of scuba diving should be perfectly fine.
    The dial will accept any text the manufacturer cares to print on it. There's only one way to check, so I'll bring it down with my suunto and citizen to see how it fares.

Sweet! We had ours for 5 years. Bought it very cheaply when it was 5 years old. We drove it on a shoe string during the worst part of the recession. Didn't change the timing belt even though it was due and I did all the other maintenance myself. We had the 1.8 K-series petrol engine that every fool in the pub and in the trade will tell you to avoid. Never a bother though, some very minor stuff like a faulty airbag sensor, a faulty coolant temp sensor and a door handle that I broke when I forced it in the big freeze of 2010

The jatco auto diesel touring Connoisseur was probably the cream of the crop, I take my hat off to you, Sir :cool:[/quote],

Yes, they were great cars.The pairing of the BMW M47 with the JATCO box was splendiid. I did 100 K in them during the recession for very little money, I miss the sunroof in the summer and the webasto heater in the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Still driving a Rover 75, diesel connie cdti, had it for almost 6 years. Nice car, one thing that puts me off is no where around Dublin seems to know how to service the or has a T4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Well. I finally understand how you guys afford Rolexes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

fat bloke wrote: »
    Well. I finally understand how you guys afford Rolexes :D

I can't even afford a decent fake rolex :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭893bet

I still can’t believe I almost sold this! Getting more and more wrist time! Goes with everything!

wmcgp1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

This weekend I've been wearing an Timex Weekender.

Picked it up last week in a sale and I now have a watch with a white face.

f5a88k.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

hitemfrank wrote: »
    This weekend I've been wearing an Timex Weekender.

Picked it up last week in a sale and I now have a watch with a white face.

I hope you bought a sound-proof box to store it in at night, Timex are LOUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I hope you bought a sound-proof box to store it in at night, Timex are LOUD.

It is louder than I was expecting - and I had heard they were loud. At least I'll know if it's working without ever having to look at the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Completely plagiarising Nolimits' idea/post/taste earlier in the thread - apologies :o:)

This ticks a lot of boxes for me in that it's a Seiko (my first), it's a Samurai (fancied one for quite a while) and it's different, not many will have one (Nolimits excepted :pac: ) I had my eye on the 'Save the Ocean' SE version, but when I saw this in Nolimits' post, I decided on it. Bit of a delay in getting it as it was in, then out, of stock and back in. Also, I was in, then out, of funds, then back in! :pac:

467933.jpg

467934.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nice! is that the "grey dawn" limited edition?

It sure is, Eoin. SRPD031K1 is the model number. It's a lovely weight, size, bracelet is very comfortable. Really like it so far.

The 'pin and collar' links were an experience, though!

Love those Samurais. Where did you pick it up?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Love those Samurais. Where did you pick it up?

Direct from the Seiko Ireland store. Only the Turtles left now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Completely plagiarising Nolimits' idea/post/taste earlier in the thread - apologies :o:)

This ticks a lot of boxes for me in that it's a Seiko (my first), it's a Samurai (fancied one for quite a while) and it's different, not many will have one (Nolimits excepted :pac: ) I had my eye on the 'Save the Ocean' SE version, but when I saw this in Nolimits' post, I decided on it. Bit of a delay in getting it as it was in, then out, of stock and back in. Also, I was in, then out, of funds, then back in! :pac:

Really lovely colours, was very tempted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Damn! Where’s HDMI when you need him?! He defo would have bought one of those and flipped it to me in a few months :D

• Advertisement

Direct from the Seiko Ireland store. Only the Turtles left now, though.

Fair play for buying Irish, but they don't have half charge a premium for it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement