Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

soccerc wrote: »

He drove a white van across the white line having a green light. What's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

wonski wrote: »
    He drove a white van across the white line having a green light. What's the problem?

Solid White Line, Built-up area and a pedestrian at a junction who has right of way. Green light means you can proceed with caution at a junction/crossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ger664 wrote: »
    Solid White Line, Built-up area and a pedestrian at a junction who has right of way. Green light means you can proceed with caution at a junction/crossing.
    Forgot to put a :D in my post. Sorry:D
    Having a white van is like being a legend - you can do whatever you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

NO NO NO!!! :mad:

Stop perpetuating this rubbish!

It doesn't matter if you have 4wd, you are NO better off on ice than a (front wheel) 2wd! ice is ice is ice!!

I just wanted to clarify that you are no better off, at all .

The only, and I really mean the ONLY benefit 4wd or awd provides is where you need to set off from a stand still BUT;

:confused:

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭lau1247

Ahhh longford town, sometimes artic truck park at the road by the topaz station too on the footpath (about 1/3 at best off the road) while they nip in to get something from the station :mad:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

To be fair to him, you were doing brisk walking speed and had indicated left.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

stoneill wrote: »
    Indeed - all cars are capable of driving in snow and ice if driven correctly, however Ireland does not have driver training for these conditions the way they do in Scandinavian countries.

Don't have it in Wisconsin either apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

scotchy wrote: »
    :confused:

glad to see that you were paying attention :)

4wd may give you some help setting off from a stand still, but it doesn't give you any safety benefit at all when moving, and therefore it's not an excuse to thinking you're better off in 4wd on icy roads (see the three bullet points in previous post). Thanks for bringing that up, hope I clarified that okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭lau1247

Wexfordian wrote: »

It just keeps on going :eek:

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

The only, and I really mean the ONLY benefit 4wd or awd provides is where you need to set off from a stand still BUT;

And getting up icy hills:)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

[QUOTE=sebastianlieken;88058781

PS, @ Mycroft : sorry if that's what you meant in your post saying that you're not much better off, I just wanted to clarify that you are no better off, at all - and that if you're driving a jeep you have to be even more careful.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what I meant. If your going to slip, it matters not how many wheels you have. Should word it better the next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wexfordian wrote: »

The traffic camera that keeps on giving.
    Interesting that none of the truck drivers were caught up in it, more experience and defensive driving I suppose.
    Crazy how the goup of people on the right stayed around chatting even though cars were ploughing into the trees beside them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

josip wrote: »
    The traffic camera that keeps on giving.
    Interesting that none of the truck drivers were caught up in it, more experience and defensive driving I suppose.
    It was the speeding nutjobs who thought that bad weather does not affect them that caused most of the trouble.
    Crazy how the goup of people on the right stayed around chatting even though cars were ploughing into the trees beside them.

Surprised none of them were killed, but you do see them scatter at one point as another speeding gobsh¡te ploughs through the cars and more end up in the trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

rizzodun wrote: »

Ooh those Russians!!!

It looks like the outside lane was closed off, without any warning.

Look out for the guy losing his fridge at 4.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Can I make a suggestion that we stop linking Russian compilations on YouTube in this thread. I like this thread for the local content and discussions around the ROTR.

We're all capable of searching YouTube to get our fix of Russian madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Senecio wrote: »
    Can I make a suggestion that we stop linking Russian compilations on YouTube in this thread.

Specifically the compilations, 5 minutes of 3 second clips is unwatchable imho. One or two well really good (bad) ones would be OK.

When the highlight is a fridge falling off a car we don't need to go to Russia, I had to dodge a mattress on the N25 last week (the inside lane got the bed), sorry no video.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Cedrus wrote: »
    Specifically the compilations, 5 minutes of 3 second clips is unwatchable imho. One or two well really good (bad) ones would be OK.

When the highlight is a fridge falling off a car we don't need to go to Russia, I had to dodge a mattress on the N25 last week (the inside lane got the bed), sorry no video.

Yes, but the Russian guy did get one.
    Maybe there could be a Crazy Ivan thread. I need crazy Russians!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

I honestly havent a clue when it comes to video editing, and whatever way I cut the clip it made the quality a lot worse so apologies.

Its a bit hard to see, but watch the moped on the right. It pulls out half way across the road without realising I'm on coming, so he does a 180 and goes back into the hard shoulder.

In his defence, the sun was directly behind me and was blinding. At least I had my lights on, and he had a hi-viz jacket on so I saw him in plenty of time. A few more seconds could have been a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Aestivalis

Ah lads. They quality really is dire on that, so watch in fullscreen or something. :(

What video editors do you use?

edit: for anybody who cant see, he pulls out behind the car that passes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Virtualdub.

I'd say quality depends on what you set in program. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Watch the van on the outside lane. Seen this guy earlier tonight coming off the M50 at Blanch, seriously I thought he would hit either the car or the bollards. It was very close

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

maceocc2 wrote: »

Watch the van on the outside lane. Seen this guy earlier tonight coming off the M50 at Blanch, seriously I thought he would hit either the car or the bollards. It was very close
    Didn't really see much in that video, but i'll take your word for it as that exit is where i have seen the majority of idiotic moves being performed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

was just watching that russian comp and when it ended the youtube selection showed worst truck crashes of 2013, halfway in and its one of those scary face jumping at the screen vids.

scared the sh life outta me. will be jumpy watching vids for months now dammit. :o

Some karma for an ignorant driver (relax, it's not from Russia! :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭skibum

rizzodun wrote: »
    Some karma for an ignorant driver (relax, it's not from Russia! :pac:)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5de_1388749345

This link shows the beginning of this incident, yer man in the bmw really deserved what he got, pure arsehole.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

Traffic light junction - there should be a yellow box there surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

BMW Driver acting too aggressive, but a small bit of common sense/ courtesy from the Zafira driver would have been nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

skibum wrote: »
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5de_1388749345

This link shows the beginning of this incident, yer man in the bmw really deserved what he got, pure arsehole.......
    The gob****e in the BMW had his right indicator on at the start of the video. Chap in the Zafira prob thought theBMW was turning. Looks like maybe there should be a yellow box,if they even have them. The bottom line IMO is the BMW driver is 100% at fault. He manufactured an accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

gutteruu wrote: »
    Because its a total balls of a junction. The lanes are the opposite to the way they should be. Completely reversed. To go left you have to be in the right lane and vice versa. Plus the fact you only have 100 yards to get in the correct lane from seeing the sign. Impossible if your behind a lorry. Should be ripped up and start again.

Because you would have to know the junction to do that and if you did you wouldn't be in that position in the first place. Catch 22.

The answer is never to veer across lanes dangerously in any situation. There's always a way to fix going the wrong way. It may add 5 mind to a journey but it's there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The gob****e in the BMW had his right indicator on at the start of the video. Chap in the Zafira prob thought theBMW was turning. Looks like maybe there should be a yellow box,if they even have them. The bottom line IMO is the BMW driver is 100% at fault. He manufactured an accident.

BMW driver got frustrated and caused the crash. The Zaria driver is also a pr1ck for not reversing 2 feet to the BMW driver through.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

kceire wrote: »
    BMW driver got frustrated and caused the crash. The Zaria driver is also a pr1ck for not reversing 2 feet to the BMW driver through.

Not just the Zafira, but the moron in the Corsa(?) could also have driven on by just a tad. I absolutely hate dipsh*ts that block the junction.
    But, of course Beemer driver is off his rocker. It's annoying, but crashing into people on purpose, as tempting as it sometimes is, is rarely the answer.

Edit:
    I also believe there's a bit of "oh, look a BMW, let's block that prick from crossing" in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I may be wrong, but only Ireland and the UK have those yellow boxes?
    Surprised other countries haven't adopted it, would save so much stress and traffic in big cities

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

bear1 wrote: »
    I may be wrong, but only Ireland and the UK have those yellow boxes?
    Surprised other countries haven't adopted it, would save so much stress and traffic in big cities

The US has a white version I think? maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Smartguy wrote: »
    Traffic light junction - there should be a yellow box there surely

Yellow boxes still do not stop idiots from stopping in the middle of traffic light junctions.
    A lot of drivers dont give a damn about yellow boxes and still drive into them even when there is no possibility if exiting before the lights change.
    Funny enough saw a very similar incident at the Kylemore Rd and Naas Rd junction about a month ago resulting in a small van being T-boned under similar circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

brokenarms wrote: »

Lol, That was classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

brokenarms wrote: »

Not the brightest (see what i did there ;)) place to pull people over but the biker was tipping 95mph through the corner.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Yellow boxes still do not stop idiots from stopping in the middle of traffic light junctions.
    A lot of drivers dont give a damn about yellow boxes and still drive into them even when there is no possibility if exiting before the lights change.
    Funny enough saw a very similar incident at the Kylemore Rd and Naas Rd junction about a month ago resulting in a small van being T-boned under similar circumstances.

I drive there quite regularly, that road is awash with bad drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Forgot I had this one, at 6am that motorist in front was just annoying, lost and didn't know how to use mirrors.

Seen this on reddit :eek:

This black, Belgian M3 E92 was caught with a dashcam doing an extremely dangerous manoeuvre on a public Belgian highway. After passing on the right side (which is illegal in Belgium), the driver of the van with the dashcam flashes his headlight, which sparks some good ol' aggression in the BMW driver. The guy posted the footage on his facebook page and a public witch-hunt ensued. The angry internet mob has pinned the owner of the BMW to a small jewelery store owner. He denies that this is his BMW and there is now a bunch of flaming and accusations going on on the facebookpage of his store.
    It's still unclear if this is the actual owner, but I hope the police finds out soon because this is blowing up in the Belgian media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

^The reg is pretty clear on that.

^The reg is pretty clear on that.

Yeah, they've tracked it down already.

http://www.autogespot.com/bmw-m3-e92-coupe-1/2008/07/07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I remember when I lived in Belgium, this type of driving was fairly common.
    Not the best of drivers there if im perfectly honest. You'd quite regurlarly see people driving with a can of beer in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Barrel

moxin wrote: »
    Forgot I had this one, at 6am that motorist in front was just annoying, lost and didn't know how to use mirrors.

I thought your driving was worse tbh,
    You could tell he was lost and trying to read the road signs in the dark and rain and when he figures out hes in the wrong lane and needs to move to the left lane you steer your car into the right lane to try to make it as awkward as possible for the other driver to get into the correct lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

Barrel wrote: »
    I thought your driving was worse tbh,
    +1
    I could see that coming.
    You had plenty of space to move left a bit, instead you kept right.
    A good driver has give as well as take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Could have had the use of a dash cam last weekend, was in the crescent SC(it popped up a bit on the parking thread (RIP)) and on one of the mini roundabouts and a car was coming up to the roundabout, did he stop? No he kept going! So I gave him a beep of the horn and he stops on the r/a and starts shouting abuse at me, and me foolishly tried to reason with them that it was a r/a and you yield to traffic coming from your right and he says "do you want me to bust your face?" haha I laughed he said "prick" as he was driving off i had the last word and I know I shouldnt have but said learn "how to drive" he stuck the car to the road but I was already gone past him :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement