Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Elves - The Red Robin Round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I think I like the idea of wrapping presents but in practice I'm a bit too clumsy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

I agree with the previous poster - love doing it but sometimes it ends up looking clumsy. Sometimes I manage to get it right! I am going to be adventurous in 2015 and go the whole bows and ribbons way. I love the appearance of a present that is expertly wrapped with a bow in the corner and the ribbon on it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

Bit of both really. I really, really like the idea of wrapping presents, but when it actually comes down to it I just want to get it done. Having said that, I do like to try and make them look as lovely as I possibly can so I do end up taking a fair bit of time over them. They usually come out looking really quite good I think :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Have you bought anything yet for Christmas 2015?

To answer my own question... I bought some wrapping paper, I couldn't resist as it was on sale. I looked for an advent candle after Christmas too but couldn't find one that I liked. I know some people start their shopping in January, but I'm not quite that organised!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I haven't bought a thing yet. I don't tend to start until November I'm never as organised as I'd like to be haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

One of those German candle powered windmills.. Love it!

I've nothing bought yet - I like doing my Christmas shopping when the shops are all festive and the lights / decorations are up :)

Haven't bought a thing. I'm another one that likes to wait until everything feels a little Christmasy. It'll be after Halloween before I even think about Christmas shopping.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have bought a birthday present for someone, but no Christmas presents yet.

I am going to try and start planning what to get people in the summer, and get my shopping done by early autumn because I felt quite disorganised this year!

• Advertisement

In your opinion, which actor does the best portrayal of Ebenezer Scrooge?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Scarinae wrote: »
    In your opinion, which actor does the best portrayal of Ebenezer Scrooge?

Michael Cain. The muppets Christmas Carol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Patrick Stewart. Because I LOVE him.

Bill Murray

I may have mentioned i enjoy Scrooged!!! :D

Can you recall ever experiencing a White Christmas?

Loughc wrote: »

82/83?

82/83?

I was born in 83 so my memory is a bit hazy.... :P

I defo remember one in either 2009/2010 or perhaps a few years earlier. I remember it as it was snowing quiet heavily that day. I remember it cause my brother was outside and he called the brother in law to look at something and proceeded to lock him out in the snow for a bit.

He came back in looking like a snowman. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

That was Christmas 2010, LoughC. I remember that so well too. I remember going for a walk with my parents, brother, my aunt and our dogs and sliding down the road to my brother's house! At one point my mother and myself had taken the lead and I distinctly remember looking back at the others and thinking how they looked like figures on a Christmas card! Everywhere was so quiet and white with a pink tint in the sky. And it was a total Christmas card image. It was beautiful. We then sat up with a big rug in front of the fire eating Ferrero Roches and watching Strictly.
    But Jan 2010 had snow LoughC. It came slightly after Christmas 09 but Nov and Dec 2010 was the crazy one! I'm a late 80s baby so I hadn't had one ever either!

Posy wrote: »
    Patrick Stewart. Because I LOVE him.

I'm really tired today because I read your post last night and decided to look up clips of Patrick Stewart in a Christmas Carol, and then discovered that the entire thing is on youtube so of course I HAD to watch it

(I <3 Patrick Stewart)

2010 is the only one that I remember. It was an absolute nuisance getting home to Ireland so I hope it never happens again (sorry!) - once I was in Ireland I didn't mind it so much though. We went to see my grandparents on Christmas Day, we had to dig the wheels of one of the cars out of the snow afterwards because so much had fallen while we were in their house

Oh, I remember several white Christmases, but then I grew up in Essex, England and it was quite common to get a good bit of snow there. I remember one particularly bad (good?) one where all the schools closed and we were literally knew deep in it. Ah, those were the days.

*sniff*

• Advertisement

Ah I loved the white Christmas of 2010! Our dogs didn't know what to make of the snow at first!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Do you have any Christmas traditions from your childhood that you have continued as an adult?

Do you have any Christmas traditions from your childhood that you have continued as an adult?

Santa :D

Freshly cooked Ham sandwich christmas Eve night :D

Bucksfizz at breakfast :)

Did your primary school do nativity plays, and if so what part(s) did you play?

I only ever got the rubbish roles, like being a villager or a farmer (I had to wear dungarees and a straw hat that year, I'm still traumatised). I think the only time I had a speaking part was when I was a scribe who explained the prophecy to Herod. I always wanted to be Mary but was never chosen!

I was always an angel. My dad ended up being the master of making angel wings out of hangers. :D

If money was no object what would be your ideal Christmas? Where would you spend it or how would you decorate the house or what would you eat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If money was no object what would be your ideal Christmas? Where would you spend it or how would you decorate the house or what would you eat?

I'd have all my family over to my house for a traditional slap up dinner that I cook start to finish (I love cooking) but I'd pay people to clean up! I'd spend loads of money on getting the house decorated, lots of candles and fairy lights all over the gaff and then finish by bringing everyone away on holiday to the US on St. Stephens Day until NYE.

• Advertisement

Ooh I like the idea of paying to get everything cleaned up after! I think I'd like to head off on holidays too but I'd probably leave it until January. It'd be lovely to be able to buy presents without thinking about how much you were spending :)

Advertisement