Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hemp protein

• 30-01-2015 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just wondering has anyone taken some hemp protein for a period of time and if so what are your feelings on taking it?
    It's a little hard to mix but I just like the idea of getting some extra protein into the diet!

Any ideas or receipes for smoothies ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Any reason for hemp in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Martha_Mae

I'm a fan of Whey Protein but I still haven't found one that tastes decently enough

Martha_Mae wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Whey Protein but I still haven't found one that tastes decently enough

What have you been using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Any reason for hemp in particular?

No reason whatsoever just giving it a go as it was cheap, not the biggest fan of whey protein as i find it isn't easy on the stomach

What have you been using?

The ones from Holland & Barrett, GNC, Six Star Pro Nutricion.. I've heard that Optimum Nutrition is the best one but haven't tried it yet.

• Advertisement

Just googled hemp protein..does it give you a buzz too? :P

The ones from Holland & Barrett, GNC, Six Star Pro Nutricion.. I've heard that Optimum Nutrition is the best one but haven't tried it yet.

Have had ON and I liked their vanilla. But there's a big 'because it's ON' tax added to the cost.

MyProtein do exactly the same product for a fraction of the cost and far better value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭kingcharles82

Just googled hemp protein..does it give you a buzz too? :P

No nothing like that Its just cheap that's all,I did Google it and not a huge amount of info on it really

Have had ON and I liked their vanilla. But there's a big 'because it's ON' tax added to the cost.

MyProtein do exactly the same product for a fraction of the cost and far better value

What about the taste of MyProtein? Why is ON so expensive anyway??

What about the taste of MyProtein? Why is ON so expensive anyway??

I liked the taste. I certianly wasn't a case of it not being as nice but being better value so I persevered. I like it...always vanilla. It's not to others tastes though. Some find it sweet.

They pitched it high and people bought it so they didn't bring it down. There are a lot of people that don't know the less expensive alternatives are just as good so they go with ON.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

Just wondering has anyone taken some hemp protein for a period of time and if so what are your feelings on taking it?
    It's a little hard to mix but I just like the idea of getting some extra protein into the diet!

Any ideas or receipes for smoothies ?

I add it to scrambled eggs / omelette sometimes ;)
    It just doesn't taste too well on its own.

It is also quite expensive per gram of protein (even from MyProtein).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Using Pulsin and now got Nua.
    Pulsin brown rice and soy are also nice
    Whey just doesn't work for me

Advertisement