Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 angelwingz

just opened up another route have 13 routes flying with various aircraft all in top condition, shares going up so get in quick and help us grow more

angelwingz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

199998 bought angelwingz

Bought a 747-400D for $80 MILL only to get about 565,000 per flight, sold it again straight away at a $10 mill loss....

MO'L i'm not:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

MiniKegg Airlines stock at $2.90. MiniKegg has removed it's last non-airbus aircraft MiniKegg now has:
    A319-200x6
    A321-200x6
    A340-200x6
    We have a relatively young fleet and after 2 months months. This is the first time a plane in our fleet has needed to have a C-check. 75 million lbs of fuel in the tank and $10.1 million in my pocket. Now MiniKeggs aim is to expand and introduce many more new routes. invest if you can!

Yours in Flight,
    Eoin Sheehy,
    CEO of MiniKegg Airlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

staker wrote: »
    199998 bought angelwingz

Bought a 747-400D for $80 MILL only to get about 565,000 per flight, sold it again straight away at a $10 mill loss....

MO'L i'm not:pac:

If you're wanting to spend that kind of money on planes I would suggest the B777-300, over two million per flight and you should be able to get it away twice a day. Or you might make more by buying a pile of 787-8s, you'll get a few for 80m. At least you have your 747 achievement.

Bought a Concorde today just to get the achievement. Flew it from Glasgow to Prestwick and back, just for the hell of it, and then sold it. Its useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

If you're wanting to spend that kind of money on planes I would suggest the B777-300, over two million per flight and you should be able to get it away twice a day. Or you might make more by buying a pile of 787-8s, you'll get a few for 80m. At least you have your 747 achievement.

Two IL-96-400 (at 40 million each) bring in 8 million per day (12 hour flights, 2 million per flight), but unless you have filled all of your available 400 routes, 4 x 787-8 (20 million each) offer a slightly better return (just over 8 million per day).

What follows is (what I found) a good strategy to get the most amount of game money (and ability to buy bigger/better planes) in the shortest amount of time (without using your credit card ;)). It is however not realistic compared to real life (and can involve the use of gas guzzling planes as mentioned above). I'll put it in spoiler tags so that you can stick to your own strategy.
    The key point is to use your 400 routes.
    For example you can spend 215 million on a A380 and get a return of just over 6 million per day (including fuel and staff cost).
    With the same amount of money you can buy 96 MD80 resulting idealy in a return of over 120 million per day (if the planes are sent out 3 times a day).
    Or even more extreme, buy 271 BAe146 (for 215 million in total!!), send them out 5 times a day (about 3 hours flight time) and get idealy over 200 million per day.

Figure out how often you want to be sending off flights, then choose a plane (low range, but as many as you can afford as you probably figured out by now), and start filling those 400 routes. Then slowly replace the planes with a model that provides a better income per flight (usualy aircrafts which can carry a lot of passengers have a better return). Use the list (link posted in post #1711 in this thread) to compare the flighttimes and incomes for all the planes. Use the maximum range, but check that the demands are above 80% for both legs (check on either jsu.otlotl.com or am.n00b.hk). Additionally you can fly 3 aircrafts on the same route and another three on the return leg, maximising on the high demand routes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Just wondering, is there actually any way of getting business jets than through pax points? I have no intention of giving money to the game and counting up all the achievements i have left to get i dont think it will even bring me close to the amount of points i need.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Just wondering, is there actually any way of getting business jets than through pax points? I have no intention of giving money to the game and counting up all the achievements i have left to get i dont think it will even bring me close to the amount of points i need.

I've 32 achievements- and only 700 odd points- so I think the answer is no.......

It appears the restriction on the number of routes to destinations has been lifted. I'm guessing its only temporary- make use of it while you can......

Longhaul has never been so lucrative!

Fly Airlingus!

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=729064545

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

^^ looks like you are pretty much finished the game man

anyone else got bored with this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 angelwingz

which is the best thing to do with catering?? just starting out have 13 routes flying which l am trying to add to money allowing,

thank you to the people that invested in the airline

angelwingz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,779 ✭✭✭✭kippy

^^ looks like you are pretty much finished the game man

I have to say, I am getting a bit bored with it.
    Not near finished it, 242 routes and taking in big money daily but there needs to be something new added to the game.
    I suppose the developers time is spent firefighting at the moment with little time for developing new features.
    Lets hope something comes along soon.

Shareholders, dont worry, I will advise if I am about it all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Could sure do wit a few extra's to keep us excited, like plane crashes where you have to guide people from the burning wreckage or violent strikes where you have to beat your striking pilots wit riot shields. :D:D

Any more suggestions???

scudzilla wrote: »
    Could sure do wit a few extra's to keep us excited, like plane crashes where you have to guide people from the burning wreckage or violent strikes where you have to beat your striking pilots wit riot shields. :D:D

Any more suggestions???

South American coups and dictators confiscating planes.
    Random fines for flying to certain countries, but random PAX bonus points for same.
    Fines for food poisoning from cheaper airline meals.
    Hijackings and terrorism involving aircraft........
    I could keep going.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭crisco10

kippy wrote: »
    I have to say, I am getting a bit bored with it.
    Not near finished it, 242 routes and taking in big money daily but there needs to be something new added to the game.
    I suppose the developers time is spent firefighting at the moment with little time for developing new features.
    Lets hope something comes along soon.

Shareholders, dont worry, I will advise if I am about it all up.

Same here. 172 routes, mainly long haul. But a little bored to be honest. Not really thinking about it at this stage. Just buy a couple of a380s every so often and lash it on a route...

Be nice if they invigorated it in some way alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Same here. Have 333 routes, standardised to 4 types, (A388/A342/B788/A320 family) only 3 achievements to get (Noticed last night that the Upload Logo and 200 Hub have gone) Att his stage I am playing to buy A380s. Getting the 500 aircraft and 400 routes seems like a chore.

Did get a chuckle last night as I commenced A380 ops from Farranfore to Pyongyang, Hanoi and Dien Bien Phu.

Edit: And finally I have broken into the top 6000. Rank is now 5079!! 2 more A380 bought today and added to my Ireland regional to Asia routes.

Dacian wrote: »
    Same here. Have 333 routes, standardised to 4 types, (A388/A342/B788/A320 family) only 3 achievements to get (Noticed last night that the Upload Logo and 200 Hub have gone) Att his stage I am playing to buy A380s. Getting the 500 aircraft and 400 routes seems like a chore.

Did get a chuckle last night as I commenced A380 ops from Farranfore to Pyongyang, Hanoi and Dien Bien Phu.
    You'd be surprised, lots of people in Farranfore are major travellers......

Dacian wrote: »

I have a number of A380s on longhaul out of Donegal. The Donegal to Christchurch route is a 99%'er :)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭corkandproud

It's Sunday so selling off my Mercure's this afternoon after a nice profit sice Friday evening. Long haul focus again till next Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 herbivoor

New here, I'll just post Gilles' Airlines' Stats:

Logo:
    307lob5.jpg
    Map:
    2copt6u.gif
    Fleet:
    fmqiqd.jpg
    Stocks (@53.01):
    4gl5k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Frayah Express Airlines stock has taken a hammering over the last couple of days, this is due to a flett rationalisation programme, we are now flying only the following aircraft

A380 - 16
    A320 - 40
    A321 - 43
    B787-8 - 30
    A318Elite - 38
    A350-900 - 11
    B747-8 - 8
    A319-100CJ - 10
    A350-800 - 7
    A350-900R - 7
    A350-1000 - 7
    B787-3 - 8
    B787-9 - 3

We will be adding additional A350/A380 & B787's today, we have 2.6Bil to spend on aircraft with 320Mil Lbs fuel in stock.

Frayah Express Airlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

WHU Air Announcement - Stock holders SELL

WHU will be wound up later this week (some time after after wednesday). Current share price is 82.89 so any people who got in early should make a tidy profit.

With 130 routes now it is becoming a pain in the ass to set off all flights (no access at work makes it even more annoying). The fun is gone now and it has gotten a bit too repetitive I'm afraid. Very good game but only has a certain life span I guess before interest wanes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Ludo wrote: »
    WHU Air Announcement - Stock holders SELL

WHU will be wound up later this week (some time after after wednesday). Current share price is 82.89 so any people who got in early should make a tidy profit.

With 130 routes now it is becoming a pain in the ass to set off all flights (no access at work makes it even more annoying). The fun is gone now and it has gotten a bit too repetitive I'm afraid. Very good game but only has a certain life span I guess before interest wanes.

I invested when your shares were 0.22, made me a fair few million in profit.

And so ends another enjoyable weekend on AM. 7am and 7pn for the next five days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Guys,
    Should we look at starting a private world in www.airlinemogul.com
    you don't need to be online everyday, and you don't start each leg of the flight. You setup the route, and it'll run away automatically.
    and you can use your mobile browser (mini opera on b'berry for me) to create routes etc. Much more of a competitive edge, as your fare setting affects others on the route, so if you start a ryanair promo on a route, your competitors loading factor falls.

I'll setup the world, if people are interested enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Guys,
    Should we look at starting a private world in www.airlinemogul.com
    you don't need to be online everyday, and you don't start each leg of the flight. You setup the route, and it'll run away automatically.
    and you can use your mobile browser (mini opera on b'berry for me) to create routes etc. Much more of a competitive edge, as your fare setting affects others on the route, so if you start a ryanair promo on a route, your competitors loading factor falls.

I'll setup the world, if people are interested enough.

Yeah I'm intrested, PM me the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Interested too. Registered on their site. Drop me a PM with the info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep...I registered on Airline Mogula while back but never joined a world. Would be interested in joining a boards one alright. Costs money to set up a private workld though, doesn't it.

costs only a couple of €'s

suggestions for start dates, etc.

I'm off on holidays from Thursday to next Thursday, I'll create the world then.

I'd be interested.

Worth setting up a new thread for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Count me in on that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Count me in too please!:D

Right guys.
    The speed issues are back for me and its a MAJOR annoyance with over 200 flights and a need to invest over 5 billion in planes and having to set up all the new routes.
    That, plus the fact that I am bored of the game, nothing new, and increasingly more regular issues.
    As such, it is with a tinge of regret I will be seriously pulling back on the amount of time I will be investing in the game.
    Pity I cant sell the airline as a going concern, I've put too much time into it to just quit but I cant be arsed logging into it every day.
    Current value 3.5 Billion, there is 5.5 Billion in the account (which I will invest sometime if the game speed gets better), Share price of 346.54, ranked at 3807 overall, 241 routes, 241 planes.

As such I am advising investors to sell all shares in the company as growth will seriously slow down from here on in, unless major improvements are made within the game.
    Kippy

PS, A copy of this is going to all shareholders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Griffair would also echo the above ststment. We have no plans to expand our fleet therefore shareholders are asked to sell their shares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

kippy wrote: »
    ..........Current value 3.5 Billion, there is 5.5 Billion in the account (which I will invest sometime if the game speed gets better), Share price of 346.54, ranked at 3807 overall, 241 routes, 241 planes.
    And to think I once thought I could catch him in share price!!

I'm at 5065 ranking and $244 a share! (I do have 366 aircraft though!)

I've started playing Starfleet Commander on FB instead. Its a space based build up and attack game. Maybe an option for those bored of AM. It also has a site to enable play outside of FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

count me in on that world thingy, AM is just gone to tits here. It seems they've added some checkboxes on each flight but the app is dead slow again, i'm getting so mad now!

• Advertisement

For anyone that's still playing...

Bit of an unintentional freebie going on over there at the moment.

All the planes in the entire game seem to have landed, meaning you can set them all off again. If you're like me, and you had just sent them all off for the night, this is good news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

All the planes in the entire game seem to have landed, meaning you can set them all off again. If you're like me, and you had just sent them all off for the night, this is good news!

pity the performance is total arse!

Seems to be back to normal now. They've undone the earlier changes (check boxes etc.)

Still, I managed to wangle myself a free A380 out of that mess! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thanks for the heads up,banked $500,000,000 before they closed it for "maintenance".:)

It was a good maintenance page though, I learnt loads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

anyone with shares in avail airlines don't worry i sold all the planes and am startin again with a bigger fleet so shares will be going back up again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Glad I'm not the only one getting bored with AM. Sell your shares in RangeAir Airlines folks, we are going on auto-pilot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Dyflin wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one getting bored with AM. Sell your shares in RangeAir Airlines folks, we are going on auto-pilot :D

I'm getting bored of it too,think i'll start winding it up over the next few days. I'm DubAir Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Gonna Start to wind up Floggit Airlines, 102 routes..

Will sell all planes and see how I feel then.. Slightly getting Pi$$€d with it.

Offline for a long time now...

I'm going to create the world on Airlinemogul.com
    I'll give people until Monday to suggest world type, and starting amount and aircraft type

from Monday on, i'll give the password to anyone who requests it via pm.
    tks
    Bogger/Biffo Express Airlines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Hi lads,

I'm investing in 5 A380s tonight at about 8pm if anyone fancies making a quick buck (even just for the gain on the increase for aircraft) if anyone is interested - search Flaunt Airlines

World name is : Boards World
    Password is available via pm :-)

World becomes active in 24hours
    I've set the world to begin at 1970, 3 starting aircraft (let 410 regional turbo props)
    We have full world, with up to 16 hubs, with 4 of them being outside your home continent. remember, if u pick a continent at the start, that's it for the game, unless u request a reset and restart.

One of the nice things about this game, is that you can setup routes and let them fly, there's not as much interaction needed, like clicking on start routes, etc. There's even a holiday mode, so your airline will basically freeze while you are away.

http://www.airlinemogul.com
    may even be an Irish connection, the developers name is a very Irish sound Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

Whats the deal with hubs? Is there a point of having one?

By the way I'm a new airline..Foggy Air Airlines.:)

dave 27 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with hubs? Is there a point of having one?

By the way I'm a new airline..Foggy Air Airlines.:)

No huge point. There are achievements for having 100 and 200 flights from your hub but thats it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement