Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

@tits magee - You should probably spoiler that. People complained regarding Fassbender's character so I'd imagine they would complain regarding that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tits magee

krudler wrote: »
    nope, I'd rather not say it cos I can't phrase it without ruining it, but its something major that I wish I didnt now know.

for those who have watched all the trailers and tv spots (highlight at your own risk)
    the shot of Noomi Rapace's character "giving birth"

oh yeah i thought that her and holloway make love after he got attacked.

he has something weird in him and passes it into her?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just saw the TV spot last night. They have different music to what i've seen on here.
    Totally ruins it and didn't look scary at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Can not wait to see it, only two weeks left. I wish I didn't read anything about it or watch any of the trailers. For the last few months any bit of information that was released I couldn't help myself from looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

tits magee wrote: »
    i thought that her and holloway make love

Actually I heard that
    they just have a dirty aul roide.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Actually I heard that
    they just have a dirty aul roide.

Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

This forum seems to have died a death on the last few weeks, which is strange because there is info coming out now at an alarming rate with 3 new TV spots showing on US tv this weekend, all with pretty massive spoilers. Arguably the biggest spoiler so far is below, this is from a TV spot shown on Adult Swim this weekend.

Are You Sure?
    EFvYr.gif

p.s The press screening is in 3D on Thursday the 31st of May in the Savoy @10.30am. Should be there :cool:

Arciphel wrote: »
    This forum seems to have died a death on the last few weeks, which is strange because there is info coming out now at an alarming rate with 3 new TV spots showing on US tv this weekend, all with pretty massive spoilers. Arguably the biggest spoiler so far is below, this is from a TV spot shown on Adult Swim this weekend.

Are You Sure?
    EFvYr.gif

The fúck is that? :confused::confused:

Apparently it's
    Cuddles aka Shaw's offspring from the mutant Holloway
    fighting the
    Engineer
    , you can see
    him/her/it
    on the
    right side of the image
    on
    the ground
    trying to
    fight off
    the
    tentacley thing

p.s.
    spoiler

• Advertisement

Apparently it's
    Cuddles aka Shaw's offspring from the mutant Holloway
    fighting the
    Engineer
    , you can see
    him/her/it
    on the
    right side of the image
    on
    the ground
    trying to
    fight off
    the
    tentacley thing

p.s.
    spoiler

Great, you ruined the film for me

:P:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

StarBeast :D

I think Ridley said in an interview that
    one(?) of the main creatures has 4 evolutionary stages. What's in that gif is probably it's 3rd (I'm guessing that's the thing pulled out from Shaw all grown up) before we even get to see what it could possibly turn into.

Here a high-definition still image someone on the AvP board knocked up - warning, its very clear and very spoilerish.

Here a high-definition still image someone on the AvP board knocked up - warning, its very clear and very spoilerish.

I guess that's where the 'Big things have small beginnings' line comes into play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I had been keeping up with the thread without watching any of the latest TV spots, looking at any images or reading any spoilers, but I'm going cold turkey now, its just too easy to see something you don't want to know.

Yep, it seems like they are going balls-pout showing things in an effort to get the casual punter interested, which is a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Yep, it seems like they are going balls-pout showing things in an effort to get the casual punter interested, which is a shame.

A balls-pout? Must be very difficult to perform!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

They haven't really shown that much tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

al28283 wrote: »

they've shown enough that you can piece together major pieces of the plot though, the original teaser was perfect, they should have just kept that amount of footage. they've already shown parts of the creatures, the space jockeys, some major plot points and action scenes, its like they have no faith in people wanting to see this movie so are giving away as much as they can.

They have shown enough at this stage (between full trailers and TV slots) for me to draw the conclusion that one of the leaked scripts was definitely real, at least in draft stage, if not nearly final.

The new footage in the TV slots has really nailed it on for me.

Still cannot wait for this. So close now :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Anyone got links to the TV spots?

they've shown enough that you can piece together major pieces of the plot though, the original teaser was perfect, they should have just kept that amount of footage. they've already shown parts of the creatures, the space jockeys, some major plot points and action scenes, its like they have no faith in people wanting to see this movie so are giving away as much as they can.

nope, it's like they're trying to sell a movie. I don't think I you can piece together the plot from the trailers and unless you've gone and read the scripts online I doubt others can too.

As for space jockeys and parts of a creatue, I already assumed they would be in the movie so they aren't really spoilers.

They aren't making trailers for the people who freeze frame the entire thing to try and get every bit of info out of it, they would see the movie anyway.

Anyone got links to the TV spots?

Here you go:

www.youtube.com

:P

nope, it's like they're trying to sell a movie. I don't think I you can piece together the plot from the trailers and unless you've gone and read the scripts online I doubt others can too.

As for space jockeys and parts of a creatue, I already assumed they would be in the movie so they aren't really spoilers.

They aren't making trailers for the people who freeze frame the entire thing to try and get every bit of info out of it, they would see the movie anyway.

well from the first trailer alone you know that
    Rapace's character gives birth to an alien creature, or has one surgically removed, that the jockey ship is trying to make a break for earth and is either shot down by the Prometheus or crash lands as you see it exploding and falling out of the sky in nearly every trailer. you know the space jockey is on the ship at one point and that one of the crew members starts attacking the others.
    those are some pretty big plot points that a few quick shots of the trailers have given away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Here you go:

www.youtube.com

:P

Now why didnt i think of that ;)

Rapace's character gives birth to an alien creature, or has one surgically removed, that the jockey ship is trying to make a break for earth and is either shot down by the Prometheus or crash lands as you see it exploding and falling out of the sky in nearly every trailer. you know the space jockey is on the ship at one point and that one of the crew members starts attacking the others.
    those are some pretty big plot points that a few quick shots of the trailers have given away.

I didn't know half of that

I didn't know half of that

nearly everything I mentioned is in the first two trailers, thats all I've seen and one tv spot I saw because I couldnt find the remote quickly enough to switch channels :pac: isnt there something like 12 tv ads now? along with at least 5 or 6 full trailers, its info overload even trying stay away from them.

nearly everything I mentioned is in the first two trailers, thats all I've seen and one tv spot I saw because I couldnt find the remote quickly enough to switch channels :pac: isnt there something like 12 tv ads now? along with at least 5 or 6 full trailers, its info overload even trying stay away from them.

I've only seen the first 2, and only because I watched them on youtube. Saw a few posters on the tube this week, nut most of what I know about the movie has come from this thread, and most of that is probably wrong. I'm sure at least some of it is

I've only seen the first 2, and only because I watched them on youtube. Saw a few posters on the tube this week, nut most of what I know about the movie has come from this thread, and most of that is probably wrong. I'm sure at least some of it is

oh yeah a lot of it is speculation, there is some things in the trailers that are kinda obvious as to what happens, just not how it happens eg
    the alien ship crashing, does it crash or is it shot down etc

• Advertisement

Its actually quite obvious (particularly from the TV slot) that
    Prometheus rams the alien ship.

Advertisement