Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Name a song you've recently discovered and would like to share thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Does re-discovered count...??
    forgot how much i love this band......sorry for the Terry Christian bit though...:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH3aQJj119Y

or a modern version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XwvRPf4sb8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

As I Watch You From Afar - Eat The City, Eat It Whole

Maybe they're pretty well know around this forum already, but I'd not heard them before today.. After the build up to 4.20 this goes through approximately 40 varieties of awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

While searching for another song came across this. Anyone heard of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

• Advertisement

Lotsafish wrote: »

brilliant!
    Just curious. But are Owl City (not a bad song) and Mumford and Sons really alternative. I think it needs to be defined. You look at REM who had a proper alternative sound before they signed to WB. Maybe worth discussion on a separate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Fake Locke wrote: »
    Just curious. But are Owl City (not a bad song) and Mumford and Sons really alternative. I think it needs to be defined. You look at REM who had a proper alternative sound before they signed to WB. Maybe worth discussion on a separate thread.

I've heard Owl city described as indie/electronic which is why I posted here.

I understand that in the true sense of the word I think the lines between Indie and mainstream are becoming a bit blurred at the moment. I think in the eighties no one would have even considered calling Owl City indie. More to do with the industry now I think

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Not trying to be a dick, but this thread is working really well so maybe start a new one if you want to discuss alternative/indie-ness. thanks.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Not trying to be a dick, but this thread is working really well so maybe start a new one if you want to discuss alternative/indie-ness. thanks.
    Agreed Lordgoat. But would you agree about the criteria for deciding what it indie and what is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    short enough song but like it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

short enough song but like it

It just came up on shuffle on my mp3 player. Rather enjoyed it.

This also came on followed by Muse's new song.... But the less said about that the better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

While searching for another song came across this. Anyone heard of them?

Lovely song, I have two albums by them (when I say them, its really just one guy - Jason Swinscoe)- 'Ma Fleur' is good but 'Every Day' is great.

This is a beautiful song from Samamidon - from his album 'All is Well' - believe he has a new album out this year....

Another beauty from Sweet Billy Pilgrim - the lead singer overdubbed the vocals more than 30 times to achieve a male church choir effect - stirring stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Chorus is a bit corny but still a few great lines.

"Tops cropped, skirts stop at the top of their thighs,
    and the boys got that hungry look in their eyes,
    they wanna be grown up and have respect you see,
    but they're acting uneducated sexually,
    I ain't saying' be celibate,
    go out and have your fun,
    but there's plenty you can do without impregnation,
    and there ain't nothing wrong at all with having children,
    just build yourself a little before you try to build them."

Cant wait for the new album:D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

not the newest songs around but I've just recently heard them:

This is the song of Win and Regine-Final Fantasy (aka Owen Pallet)

Lust for Life-Girls.

Delighted to be able to introduce this song. Thanks to Pighead i finally tracked it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Doc wrote: »

Love his music
    was he on Joolz last year. Think I remember doing some song like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I know Dan a while but last week was the first time I heard the band.

Kopek - Bring it on Home

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

This is what's really doing it for me at the moment. I was never really into Plan-B back when he was doing the social-realist, rapping-with-acoustic-guitar shenanegans but now he's come over all Smokey Robinson on the piss, I'm really diggin' it. Turns out he's a great singer and the rapping's sharper than ever:

Also, I can't believe I've only discovered this, considering I was such a massive Nirvana head back in the day. Flea sure can blow a horn!:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

New single by Midlake...so annoyed I missed them in Dub in Feb....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Doc wrote: »

I like that a lot, just did a small bit of research and he seems to have a lot of albums out, back from when he had a band in the nineties to his solo stuff, would anyone recommend where to start, was just thinking about listening to his last two albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I like that a lot, just did a small bit of research and he seems to have a lot of albums out, back from when he had a band in the nineties to his solo stuff, would anyone recommend where to start, was just thinking about listening to his last two albums.

I dont know like the title of the thread said Ive only recently discovered his music myself and got his Album "Noble Beast" because of this song but I would certanly be intrested in finding out what others would recommend.

Advertisement