Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can FF acutally manage to recover and become a major force in Irish Politics?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

raymon wrote: »
    To answer the op , FF are definitely stagnating.

At 18% in the latest poll, their whinge politics has not got them off their low stoop.

Even independents and SF are on the rise at the expense of FG/lab

Stuck in the mud
    just let it go all this anger .its not good for your health

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

just let it go all this anger .its not good for your health
    Just answering th op...... no anger .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

To answer the op , FF are definitely stagnating.

At 18% in the latest poll, their whinge politics has not got them off their low stoop.

Even independents and SF are on the rise at the expense of FG/lab

Stuck in the mud

This is coming from the fella that stated when the last opinion poll came out that FF were in freefall. :)

FF will not be making any gains in the poll in the short term.

This is coming from the fella that stated when the last opinion poll came out that FF were in freefall. :)

True , it doesnt look like a freefall after all just a stagnation.

I was wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

True , it doesnt look like a freefall after all just a stagnation.

I was wrong .

When was the current poll taken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 davidv

It would take a tsunami to wipe out FF (Soldiers of Infamy) and their numbskull plague of followers

They've (FF) not gone away you know!

http://www.herald.ie/news/how-down-in-dumps-ff-still-raised-550k-2985203.html

the link says that ff have managed to raise 500k recently. i think the government should confiscate it and put towards the national debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I thought they were against political donations these days? Isn't 550,000 Euro of raffle sales a bit unlikely if just Joe Soaps who expect nothing back are buying?

Seems like just a better hidden form of political donations (and I'm aware the other dodgy parties are at it too, it still doesn't make it right).

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

thebman wrote: »
    I thought they were against political donations these days? Isn't 550,000 Euro of raffle sales a bit unlikely if just Joe Soaps who expect nothing back are buying?

Seems like just a better hidden form of political donations (and I'm aware the other dodgy parties are at it too, it still doesn't make it right).

Well when your wear a tin foil hat you would think that :P

The tickets sold for 50 quid each so broken down thats 11k tickets bought.Nothing doge about that.

Mikel91 wrote: »
    Well when your wear a tin foil hat you would think that :P

The tickets sold for 50 quid each so broken down thats 11k tickets bought.Nothing doge about that.

I agree .I don't see anything dodgy about this .

However it would be a good gesture for them to hand over a few hundred thousand to SVP , Simon Community or Salvation army to alleviate some of the suffering they caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mikel91

The party themselves are in debt so you cant really call for that.

Also the grassroots of the organisation raise huge amounts and do allot of charity/volunteer work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SEEMagazine

Like any party, or group, FF has its good eggs, and its bad. Just because the National Party nearly bankrupted us does not automatically tarnish FF members individually. FF voters, and their grassroots element, alone cannot put a FF government in place. For this to happen they need the 'floating voter' to become disaffected with the current lot.

Now, while 'Inda' & Co. have clearly backtracked on many of their election promises I would have to think *any* voter quite mad to use that as an excuse to defect back to Micky Martin's lot.

There's a way for FF to restructure, but since I've never voted for them I'll refrain from saying how.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I was watching The Week in Politics on RTE One some time ago on the report regarding FF?

How does Michael McGrath finds it difficult to know answering about Bertie Ahern being a member of FF or not?

I mean, the current communications policy that FF has is generally woeful to a degree after they were; to put it mildly, been given a big K.O. for last year's GE preformance. How can they address that problem is certainly one for them and the public to decide what they want to do with them. Surely, they would not be very surprised if they went out after the local elections IMO.

If they had a new leader BTW, Michael Martin should be replaced with John McGuinness (The Chair of the PAC), he would be most definitely, in my words; a reforming leader of the party. He should have contested the leadership at the first opportunity IMO.

Now, I never met the man myself because he is not in my constituency; however, he is does seem very credible to ousting the likes of Bertie Ahern and Brian Cowen to the banished books of history.

He has the bottle and sheer determination to give them a good fight when it is/was needed before.

http://johnmcguinness.ie/mcguinness-shows-no-fear-taking-on-rotten-to-the-core-civil-service

What he said about the public servants that are deemed as 'Toxic' in his opinion is most definitely right; I don't think that his philosophy will never change about him

And you know what; this is what I like about him and I don't think that my admiration for him will change either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

How does Michael McGrath finds it difficult to know answering about Bertie Ahern being a member of FF or not?

Their membership list is obviously screwed up - sure they weren't clear whether Seán G was a member or not either.

Basically - avoiding answering straightforward questions ensures that they can feign deniability later when the long-awaited Mahon Tribunal comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Their membership list is obviously screwed up - sure they weren't clear whether Seán G was a member or not either.

Basically - avoiding answering straightforward questions ensures that they can feign deniability later when the long-awaited Mahon Tribunal comes out.

Sean Gallagher was a member, not only that but he was a member of the Ard Comhairle and also spoke at an Ogra Fianna Fail Summer event. Not only that but he was implicated in a non scandle for picking up donations to Fianna Fail (In an envelope no less - god forbid they use a box).

Also the fact the FF has been free to join over the years, while commendable in itself, has led to some of the issues within Fianna Fail. Soon a membership charge will be in place and only those who are actually bothered will join hopefully getting rid of candidates who sign up all their mates for a candiadate selection vote and then we never see them again (yes I said "we" - it's well documented on this forum that I'm in Ogra FF) and of course stopping TD's controlling certain areas with their mob... I'm not pointing at any place in particular, but I'm in college in UL so lets say that's where renewal needs to begin soon (and it already has begun).

Needless to say, with that ****e going on, membership list are somewhat innaccurate, however, since the last election this have begun to be tidied up.

DJCR wrote: »
    Sean Gallagher was a member, not only that but he was a member of the Ard Comhairle and also spoke at an Ogra Fianna Fail Summer event. Not only that but he was implicated in a non scandle for picking up donations to Fianna Fail (In an envelope no less - god forbid they use a box).

I knew what the truth was - I was simply highlighting the differential between what FF claim and what the truth is.

Mind you, it's probably less time-consuming to highlight the rare occasions where they do speak the truth, for example :

I knew what the truth was - I was simply highlighting the differential between what FF claim and what the truth is.

Mind you, it's probably less time-consuming to highlight the rare occasions where they do speak the truth, for example :

FF never claimed he wasn't a member... he did.

FF sat on the fence so that they could disown him if he lost and could claim "victory" if he won.

FF sat on the fence so that they could disown him if he lost and could claim "victory" if he won.

No. It was very clear. He was in the party, he wasn't any more and ran as an independant. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

No. It was very clear. He was in the party, he wasn't any more and ran as an independant. Stop trying to make something out of nothing.

On what day did his membership expire, so ?

Because the only thing he actually resigned from was the National Executive :

http://www.politics.ie/forum/irish-presidential-election-2011/172433-sean-gallaghers-fianna-fail-national-exec-resignation-letter-obtained-politics-ie.html

Haven't a clue when it "expired" haven't a lue when exactly he left. All I know is he wasn't a Fianna Fail candidate and if he was in Fianna Fail at the time he would have had to run as a Fianna Fail candidate.

• Advertisement

Haven't a clue when it "expired" haven't a lue when exactly he left. All I know is he wasn't a Fianna Fail candidate and if he was in Fianna Fail at the time he would have had to run as a Fianna Fail candidate.

OK - so you don't know, but you're happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Given FF members' track record for pulling strokes and fast ones (e.g. Cooper-Flynn claiming "independent" allowance while being FF) forgive the rest of us if we need proof.
    All I know is he wasn't a Fianna Fail candidate and if he was in Fianna Fail.....

Why is there an "and if" if you "know" that he wasn't ?

You also stated earlier that :

If he "wasn't a member" then why did FF not state this fact ? And why do you choose to believe a statement by someone who was proven to be untrustworthy and lied on national TV ?

Unless you have proof you cannot base your argument on what is merely your own choice of assumption, especially given the individual whose word you are basing your assumption on.

Advertisement