Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Spoilers inside!** Pokemon X and Pokemon Y - October 2013! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The third isn't unlocked but I'm pretty sure I have gotten HA's from others that only have two unlocked. Have another couple that only have two so I'll check and see if I get any HA's from them. The online thing doesn't make a difference as most of the time I don't be online myself and still get the HA's.

Is their an attack that does the same as trace? Could give it to my False Swipe/Soak/Thief Smeargle. Was thinking Spore originally as the fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Skill Swap would do the job I suppose.

My understanding was that HAs only became available after the other person had completed the game and you'd both been online at the same time at some point (you just have to have been online together once and then you'll always have access to the HA).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

If I recall correctly any move that changes the enemy ability shows the original ability first before it changes, so alongside Role Play and Skill Swap, Entrainment, Simple Beam, and Worry Seed should all serve the purpose too. I think I used Worry Seed when I was hunting for a HA Nidoran during horde battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

So maybe it's that because the other person hasn't beat the Elite 4, the HA rate is lower, and that coupled with Dugtrio having 3 abilities (and you having bad luck) has resulted in it taking so long.

Regarding the other thing, I just put Gardervoir (or a Ralts) out first holding smoke ball, and when I see the Pokémon has the ability I want, I switch in my False Swipe Pokémon! If it doesn't have the right ability, run!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Saw on twitter, apparently there's to be an event Pumpkaboo (Super sized) released over WiFi this month. Said it's available for the month of October, doesn't seem to be up yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Angron wrote: »
    Saw on twitter, apparently there's to be an event Pumpkaboo (Super sized) released over WiFi this month. Said it's available for the month of October, doesn't seem to be up yet though.

It's available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

if anyone in the uk feels like supplying me with a shiny gengar code, I wouldn be offended

if anyone in the uk feels like supplying me with a shiny gengar code, I wouldn be offended

Gamestop Ireland twitter told me they will be giving out the codes, going into town tomorrow to see if it's true!

asked a mate who's missus manages a gamestop she's not sure but will let me know in the mara

• Advertisement

I have a GS not far from me in Galway, so I'll have a gander in there tomorrow.

Went in today and the guy in the shop said they aren't getting them! Then checked their Twitter and the guy said Nintendo cancelled the event for Ireland. In reality though, he didn't know at first and spoofed his way through it at first, then had to back track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Well, saves me a trip at lunch time, but jesus Ninty... it's bordering on racism now. Portugal is getting these gengars. F'ing PORTUGAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

So the Diancie event is Live, anybody got any ideas on how to get a code as Ireland is always screwed over with these?

So the Diancie event is Live, anybody got any ideas on how to get a code as Ireland is always screwed over with these?

There'll be none in Ireland, a UK code may work (the UK ORAS demo codes worked here) but you'd have to know someone over there or find a Facebook/Twitter page doing a giveaway! That or trade for a Diancie but you won't get the WonderCard thing then! (which is what I had to settle for)

beaner09 wrote: »
    There'll be none in Ireland, a UK code may work (the UK ORAS demo codes worked here) but you'd have to know someone over there or find a Facebook/Twitter page doing a giveaway! That or trade for a Diancie but you won't get the WonderCard thing then! (which is what I had to settle for)

I manged to grab a code on Twitter on a page that was putting them up and it was 1st come 1st serve, got he last code there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Dammit, I've been checking Reddit on /r/pokemonplaza and /r/pokemontrades for those codes.

https://twitter.com/nintyfeed

Got it here, they said they cant reveal if they will be getting more codes, so there is a good chance they will.
    You just have to be ready to input the code and be very fast with it

and id say we wont get the eon ticket either

and id say we wont get the eon ticket either

Yeah we dont seem to be, 15 people get it in the UK and they have to pass it on via streetpass.

• Advertisement

I hope there's someone with the ticket when I'm in Birmingham over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

Actually, I think we're more likely to get the eon ticket this way, well some of us if enough people actually street pass it and the amount of times someone can streetpass it isn't limited. Big downside would be that it should take a while for it to become widespread if it was to jump across the pond.

You get a lot of UK streetpasses from relays in McDonalds or Starbucks or wherever it is in Liffey Valley, so I wouldn't worry too much unless it can't be sent by relay.

Yeah, I've picked up a lot of Streetpass signals when I go to shopping centres. When I was in Birmingham I was getting at least 20 Streetpass hits a day when I went into the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Love this wonder trading. Traded a level 1 Wurmple, got a shiny Mewtwo :P

If you send out stuff like Wurmple or Zigzagoon on the WT, you are the worst sort of person.

I think the first time you send a Wurmple up on WT, no matter what comes back, a part of you is gone forever. Not a big part, but the part that matters most. Then comes a second Wurmple. A third. Then you start deleting their moves and changing their name to wURMPLE before you send them just to rub lemon juice in the wounds. It just gets easier and easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Angron wrote: »
    If you send out stuff like Wurmple or Zigzagoon on the WT, you are the worst sort of person.

I was actually sending back the pokemon i was getting. Started off with that Lucario you are given in the story.

Shiny Skarmory came not long after too

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I was actually sending back the pokemon i was getting. Started off with that Lucario you are given in the story.

Shiny Skarmory came not long after too

From now on just release any garbage you get, don't feed them back into the system! People wonder trading the ass from the first 5 routes destroyed the wonder trade in x&y. Also please dont ask for a Darkrai or something equally ridiculous for your random poké. You clog up the gts from being a useful device. /rant.

• Advertisement

There needs to be a slap a **** option for gts

Advertisement