Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sons Of Anarchy [FX (US) -Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Jax-Z

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Official book about the show on sale after the finale. One for the hardcore followers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I know if I felt that way about a tv programme, I would've gave up on it by now. 70 or so episodes on.

I made it as far as Episode 3 Season 7. It's been a weight lifted off my shoulders. I use the thread to follow specific characters from a distance. I'm actually interested in what will happen with Jax, prison, dead or clean break.
    Other than that Sutter made me care so little for any characters in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    I made it as far as Episode 3 Season 7. It's been a weight lifted off my shoulders. I use the thread to follow specific characters from a distance. I'm actually interested in what will happen with Jax, prison, dead or clean break.
    Other than that Sutter made me care so little for any characters in the show.

Each to their own I suppose, but bar the few terrible episodes that centered around the IRA in Season 3, I generally found it to be a very good show.

Well its set up now nicely for a good finale and if it can offer up an ending as good as Season 5, I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Staplor wrote: »
    Ends with Jax lamping his Da's bike into a wall, was it intentional? Who knows? My guess anyway

A friend of mine put forward this same theory, JT's bike is getting alot of attention these days.
    Jax is riding off on his dads bike, past the spot where JT was killed/died. Fade to black, final reaper, skid, crash, bang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Mulbert

Enjoyed the episode but I thought Jax announcing to his charter that, he, to paraphrase ” received intel from his son” who is five or six years of age should have raised a laugh, or at least an eyebrow raise from someone at the table. I blame Abel for the entire fiasco!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭squonk

Mulbert wrote: »
    Enjoyed the episode but I thought Jax announcing to his charter that, he, to paraphrase ” received intel from his son” who is five or six years of age should have raised a laugh, or at least an eyebrow raise from someone at the table. I blame Abel for the entire fiasco!

In fiarness the little guy was having personal problems that the guys in the club would have known so it's somewhat reasonable to expect that it might have added some credence to what Jax was saying. That being said however, I don't really see proper One Percenters being particularly sensitive or empathic so, yes, in the real world I'd say Jax would have had the piss ripped out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mulbert wrote: »

You are forgetting that Jax immediately followed this up with "Juice confirmed it"

Watched the first 50 minutes of this weeks episide and it was a huge step up from the rest if the series. A far more intelligent, adult and genuinely interesting episide than we've seen from the show in a long time. The moment where Nero got the phone call from Jax was genuinely great TV and amongst the best moments the show has ever produced. Going to sit down tomorrow and watch the episide in its entirety but it really bodes well for the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just started watching it, I'm about 4 episodes in and I don't find myself jumping straight into the next episode. Ron Pearlman, Katey Sagal are very good the rest I'm not so sure, not big on Jax either. Does it get better or what? I'll try finish out this season but I'm struggling at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

rob316 wrote: »
    Just started watching it, I'm about 4 episodes in and I don't find myself jumping straight into the next episode. Ron Pearlman, Katey Sagal are very good the rest I'm not so sure, not big on Jax either. Does it get better or what? I'll try finish out this season but I'm struggling at the moment.
    No, we all thought it was awful from the first season. That's why we're all here talking about it almost 2000 posts later.

No, we all thought it was awful from the first season. That's why we're all here talking about it almost 2000 posts later.

Great, thanks.

Now if anyone who isn't sarcastic wants to add something that would be appreciated.

It's average at best IMO. I thought Season 1 was the best by far and has steadily declined since.

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    It's average at best IMO. I thought Season 1 was the best by far and has steadily declined since.

Ya heard the same from a few people, season 1 was its peak. I'll finish out the season sure and go from there. Boardwalk Empire also has my eye so that might be a better use of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Staplor

Just remembered, has anyone mentioned the bad ass black Dodge that just happened to be going down the back street.

It was just convenient how such a mega cool car happened to be on the back street when he legged it out of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Ya heard the same from a few people, season 1 was its peak. I'll finish out the season sure and go from there. Boardwalk Empire also has my eye so that might be a better use of my time.

Don't agree with that at all, it was abit of a novelty in Season 1, we were being introduced to the characters, gang rivalries, alliances, etc.

Season 2 was excellent, with the Nazis, internal rivalries, Gemma.

Season 3 was really split into 2, actually I won't say anymore as I could get into spoiler territory.

If you're looking for the new Breaking Bad, Sopranos or The Wire this isn't it. If you're looking for a bit of escapism with some Cheesy acting and a bit of humour give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

a5c7aede51b76724dfb15d27bf23a68a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Great, thanks.

Now if anyone who isn't sarcastic wants to add something that would be appreciated.

It has moments of greatness, but they tend to take the scenic route to them. Instead of going from A to B, they go from A to 4 to % to Ohm to B.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Is there no episode this week? How many episodes are left actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,351 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is there no episode this week? How many episodes are left actually?

No episode this week.

2 episodes left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

No episode this week.

2 episodes left.

Cheers, now I wish I didn't tear through the 2 seasons of Banshee so fast!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's Thanksgiving in the States so most TV shows will be on breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

To say Boardwalk Empire is light years ahead of SoA would be a huge understatement. However, SoA, despite being very uneven (at best) is undeniably entertaining. That said, if you're not liking Season 1 you certainly won't like the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Ed Sheeran has recorded a song for the up coming ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Ed Sheeran has recorded a song for the up coming ep.

FFS, is anywhere safe from that fool

• Registered Users Posts: 85,317 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Curtis Stigers should do a song for finale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭squonk

In fairness he's a good bloke and has the ability unlike many out there. Agree Curtis Stigers should do something as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I think we should wait to hear it before criticising it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

lertsnim wrote: »
    I think we should wait to hear it before criticising it

"Sins of my father....pain of my mother" opening lyrics, suits it!

• Advertisement

At least it can't be any worse that Katey Sagal "singing"

Advertisement