Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Excellent episode.I really don't know which of the Ward brothers is telling the truth more.When Christian was talking about how his brother he has two sides to himself really resonates from the time he killed the director in the plane.There was a close up screenshot of his face changing into a more darker ward.it was the same at the end of this episode as he was breaking out of the handcuffs which btw way just bad ass.

Great to see how the show has matured from the annoying quirkiness throughout the first half of season one.its definitely in my top three of shows to look forward to every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I'm thinking of trying out this show. So far, I've seen all the films from Phase 1 of the MCU. Not the biggest fan of them...I think I liked The Incredible Hulk the best, but oh well, I still want to attempt to enjoy this series.

I'm going to watch Iron Man 3 soon, but without spoilers, between what episodes should I watch Thor 2 and Captain America 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm thinking of trying out this show. So far, I've seen all the films from Phase 1 of the MCU. Not the biggest fan of them...I think I liked The Incredible Hulk the best, but oh well, I still want to attempt to enjoy this series.

I'm going to watch Iron Man 3 soon, but without spoilers, between what episodes should I watch Thor 2 and Captain America 2?

Thor 2 should be watched between Agents of SHIELD season 1, episode 7 "The Hub" and episode 8 "The Well"

Captain America 2 should be watched between Agents of SHIELD season 1, episode 16 "End of the Beginning" and episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn".

For the record, Agents of Shield starts off pretty slow and really doesn't find it's feet until about halfway through season 1. Movie wise I think Thor 2 and Captain America 2 are two of the strongest, so hopefully you begin to enjoy it about then...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Disappointed to see that RTÉ are taking a break this week as well, missing a big opportunity to be within a week in date with the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

flazio wrote: »
    Disappointed to see that RTÉ are taking a break this week as well, missing a big opportunity to be within a week in date with the US.

They're probably not allowed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭squonk

Other viewing choices are available!

So I've watched the first 10 episodes...it's okay, at best. I will stick with it for now, just because I want to keep up with the MCU in general. The acting is terrible though, Fitz and Simmons annoy the piss out of me. I did come close to giving up on the show in episode 10, when the writers used the "he's standing right behind me, isn't he?" cliché. I have a rule for new TV shows (and movies), that when I see or know they use that damn line, I don't watch the show or movie. Maybe it was already talked about in this thread, but ComicsAlliance.com sums up my feelings on it...
    Neither May nor Ward is excited to have Peterson around, and Ward airs his grievances to the rest of the team only to… wait, I’ll need a moment.

Ward is saying “he was a raging homicidal maniac”, and then, oh, you’re going to like this, it’s almost too much; then Peterson walks into the room while he’s talking, and…

Sorry, I’m going to have to breathe into a bag for a few seconds.

OK, so Ward says, “he was a maniac”, and Peterson walks in while he’s saying this, and Ward sees the look on everyone’s faces and he realizes what’s going on and he pauses, and then he says…

“He’s standing right behind me, isn’t he?”

God, you guys, it was so fresh.

If you can’t read my tone of sarcasm; let the record show, this is the moment I considered whether I could continue to watch Agents of SHIELD even though I am technically paid to watch Agents of SHIELD.

Writers. You can’t do this any more. You can’t do the “he’s standing right behind me, isn’t he?” bit any more. You can’t. It is your job to write, and this is not writing, this is stitching. This is taking a worn-out familiar patch and sewing it into your script because you’re too lazy to invent. “He’s standing right behind me,” is an abdjugation of the responsibilities of imagination, one that creates the unfortunate impression that the makers of this show care not one bit for the audience’s time or intelligence. It’s piss-water. It’s feeding dimes into the cliché jukebox, possibly because you don’t have the quarter necessary to trot out the whole of “the scorpion and the frog” one more awful godforsaken time. Even subversions of “he’s right behind me” are now cliché, and Brett Dalton, bless his little cheekbones, is not the actor to infuse new life into it.

It is done. It is done. It is done.

And I wish the writers of Agents of SHIELD were standing right behind me now because then we could have a very intense conversation. There is a lot we need to talk about.

youtube.com/watch?v=vECzPHbn0Bo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

So I've watched the first 10 episodes...it's okay, at best. I will stick with it for now, just because I want to keep up with the MCU in general. The acting is terrible though, Fitz and Simmons annoy the piss out of me. I did come close to giving up on the show in episode 10, when the writers used the "he's standing right behind me, isn't he?" cliché. I have a rule for new TV shows (and movies), that when I see or know they use that damn line, I don't watch the show or movie. Maybe it was already talked about in this thread, but ComicsAlliance.com sums up my feelings on it...
    I think everyone had the same feelings after 10 or so episodes, but it gets better. I'd advise to stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pretty sure this is exactly what we were all saying at about this time last year. Stick with it. It gets so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

that city is hardly on earth, if it is maybe the kree was looking for it when he was probably captured or buried himself, only to be dug up by SHIELD or HYDRA thousands of years later, and now it just a long lost city, maybe with the final infinity stone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,364 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He may not be Kree... He could be an Atlantean (Same blue skin colour)

It could be Atlantis!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

It could be Atlantis!
    true would make more sense, ive had it in my head for so long i just accepted he was kree,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why do I get the feeling it is Knowhere from The Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Gbear wrote: »
    They really should've used something more sensible for him escaping rather than "he just took his handcuffs off". Like even if he dislocated his arm or something at least it would've taken some effort.

He didn't just "take them off". He broke his own thumb. It showed him doing it and there was audible crack.

Break your thumb or cut it off and you can slip handcuffs off. They've done it on 24 and on The Blacklist too. It's a spy staple. :P

As for the City, I kept thinking Asgard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It will be somewhere to do with magic, Asgard kind of has magic, if it is somewhere on Earth I am thinking Cairo in Egypt or Tibet or Las Vegas.

T.A.H.I.T.I. has to mean something still, the obelisk also could be hiding an infinity stone this show is a tie in to so much more than just the avengers it is being used to tie up loose ends through out the marvel universe on a whole, didn't they say the blue guy was tens of thousands of years old too.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Another theory going around is that it's Attilan, given the Kree angle.

http://marvel.com/universe/Attilan

Interestingly, it could possibly tie in to the Inhumans movie in a few years, which would be very ambitious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

Another theory going around is that it's Attilan, given the Kree angle.

http://marvel.com/universe/Attilan

Interestingly, it could possibly tie in to the Inhumans movie in a few years, which would be very ambitious.

Well the MCU is nothing if not ambitious.
    From your link
    soon the Inhumans' existence became known to several of the governments of the outside world, although not to the general public.

could Agent Carter possibly take up the story line with some long lost files later uncovered by shield ? timeline would seem workable

Worried now that RTÉ have quietly dropped the series. No sign of it again this Sunday. :(

I finished Season 1. I officially like the show. The moment that happened? Episode 16, followed by Captain America 2, followed by episode 17. If the first dozen or episodes were as good and as exciting as the episodes preceding and proceeding the Captain America movie, then the show's current ratings might be a lot better. The dialogue can still be quite silly, and I don't think Fitz and Simmons will ever stop annoying me, but the last 7 episodes of the season were so good. I felt it made me enjoy the Captain America movie more than I would have without watching the show. Now I just have to until May to let Season 2 build up to binge-watch.

Fitz will hit you right in the feels in season 2. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

It could be Atlantis!

The writers have confirmed he's Kree.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

flazio wrote: »
    Worried now that RTÉ have quietly dropped the series. No sign of it again this Sunday. :(
    It's back on next Sunday 23rd November @ 7.10pm.

Marje wrote: »
    It's back on next Sunday 23rd November @ 7.10pm.

Phew, still 1 week ahead of Channel 4.

I think that might be the best episode yet.

So many questions answered and so many new questions.

It opened so many more storylines going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And got another Whedon actress who even got screen time with her Dollhouse co star. Though she's not having a good week.
    Is Dichen Lachman in the Agent Carter series?

Anyone notice the Jed/Joss Whedon cameo alongside sky for the tech stuff?

Thought it really good the way the woman who presumably looked like Skye's mom bore the physical resemblance. Guessed it long before the revelation was made that only worked because they Skye and presumably her mother shared many similarities.

It looks the Shield team will have to work with two enemies, Ward and Skye's dad, to thwart big bad Nazi. Assuming he is the big bad for the season.

Glad to see the ratings are holding somewhat decent too. On the basis of what's been shown so far the show deserves another season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

This has turned from something i thought was ok into my favourite show on TV at that minute, its really found its legs now and it would be a crime if it doesnt get another season!

Just goes to show how important first impressions are now.
    I doubt that Star Trek TNG would have made it past season 2 in today's TV climate of immediate return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Such a good show now that does a great job of filling in the gaps of the shared universe
    At the moment the city I feel has to point towards the inhumans buts it feels too early. Unless the plan is to introduce a bunch of new characters over a few seasons

• Advertisement

Season 1 added to Netflix US.

Advertisement