Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG No study done what to do!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Naikon wrote: »
    The only exams where you use any sort of "Logic" are Maths, Physics, and English.
    Surely you joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,810 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Davidius wrote: »
    Surely you joke!
    elaborate good sir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Take all higher level papers in subjects like English/Geography/Biology/ etc

Its pretty hard to fail and a D3 gets you 45 pointers!

God thank god i aint doing my LC again this year.

I scraped into my course last year.:D

Good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭xxGalwayGirlxx

Ah sure f**k it...no point stressing about it now!! Im in the same boat, but if i dont know it by now, there's no point stressin.

Here's my moto "If ya cant dazzle them in facts...Dazzle them with bull****"

Its better than writing nothing and your bound to get attempt marks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Davidius wrote: »
    Surely you joke!

You got me.:) English is the only exam where I had to take a step back and think
    before writing down something. Paper two on the other hand is mostly information
    recall however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Overheal wrote: »
    elaborate good sir :D

He was in a bit of a twizzle because I suggested that english is
    equivalent to Logical analysis/deduction/whatever!

Paper two English does demand a lot of retention simply because its looking for a deeper level of understanding from a text than you can get directly from a 3 hour exam; unlike paper one. I mean you COULD just rewrite the entire text to paper, and still get a fat 0 (but you know that)

The OP ignored sound advice and made some (imo) very stupid choices, but personal insults are not condoned, Ava.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

KroG wrote: »
    OK, I'm seriously depressed right now I have no study done for ANYTHING and its basically a day till they start... I did terrible on my mocks (Failed everything) I have only 2 Higher Subjects and I need 320 Points other wise I'm pritty much DEAD my folks will KILL me, what do I do ???? :(:( And I can't repeat for reasons I can't go into right now HELP PLEASE I NEED SOME SERIOUSS HELP GUYS/GALS what do i DO!!!!

i would hate to be you right now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

irish0808 wrote: »
    Ok here's my quick guide:
    English HL Paper 1:

Have a scan through exam papers, look at the type of questions being asked. Read over ur essays u've done over the past 2 years and see where your downfalls are. Look at the comprehensions and see if you can identify the criteria being looked for in the question, you will be asked about how the author reveals him/herself or the style of language used ie. Persuasive, narritave, informative or arugument -Practice Practice Practice. Look at the composing question and see which question you think you can answer best and answer a question random year - its worth 100mks!

English Paper 2 HL:
    Read over 3 of your poets and try learn them off, look at the questions and figure out what you would say in the exam if you were asked.
    Read over your Single Text, your notes and essays from over the last year, note what you could do better. Read an analysis of the characters online by google searching the characters name and the name of the text. www.sparknotes.com - brilliant for shakespeare notes.
    Have a read of notes on your comparative study and take a look at your essays you've done over the year. There is loads of notes on www.skoool.ie

Best of luck
    David
    fair play.

he asked a question no need for the crap the rest of yous are spouting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just prepare to dream about this situation about once a week for at least the next 17 years. Take it from me :( Otherwise, everything will be fine, leaving or no leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

procrastination.jpg

If your parents are so uppidy about you doing well then they would have made you stay in and study.

Also, You don't Have to go to college you kno. You WANT to go soyou WANT 320 points.

Anyay, Good Luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

How did you get on?

I did shag all study for the LC but I do have very good understanding in classes and retention of knowledge so I pulled out 445 with very little conventional studying.

Same with college exams, cannot sit in the library and study reams of notes, prefer to just think over lectures and basically talk to myself about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

bigkev49 wrote: »
    How did you get on?

I did shag all study for the LC but I do have very good understanding in classes and retention of knowledge so I pulled out 445 with very little conventional studying.

Same with college exams, cannot sit in the library and study reams of notes, prefer to just think over lectures and basically talk to myself about them.
    +1 the way too be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

KroG wrote: »
    OK, I'm seriously depressed right now I have no study done for ANYTHING and its basically a day till they start... I did terrible on my mocks (Failed everything) I have only 2 Higher Subjects and I need 320 Points other wise I'm pritty much DEAD my folks will KILL me, what do I do ???? :(:( And I can't repeat for reasons I can't go into right now HELP PLEASE I NEED SOME SERIOUSS HELP GUYS/GALS what do i DO!!!!

Haha, I'm in the very same boat. Just go and give it loads! Study the night before each exam. You'd be surprised what you can do by cramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Overheal wrote: »
    OP you started a thread just like this only 3 weeks ago.

So youve continued to sit on your ass.

Personally, you're on your own at this stage.

+1

Studying sucks, it's the hardest thing in the world to do IMO, but you know what's harder? Trying to find a good job when you've SFA in the way of qualifications. Cop the f*ck on, you're master of your own destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I think everyone should relax.

I care about the leaving cert, I do. At the same time, I am still aware that everything will still exist after the results come out. And continue to exist.

No study? Dont get into college? Big deal... Move on.

Richard Branson doesnt have a college diploma.
    You don't know what life will throw at you.
    At the same time... you SHOULD probably hop off this and into your room to study.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

OK cant be bothered reading the whole thread as im going to study now :p

OP, if you have not studied at all and you failed everything in the mocks you will not get the points you need. the only advice i can give you is to drop down to ordinary for the two higher subjects and study as much as you can for the next week or so. try to get any points you can.

I think everyone should relax.

I care about the leaving cert, I do. At the same time, I am still aware that everything will still exist after the results come out. And continue to exist.

No study? Dont get into college? Big deal... Move on.

Richard Branson doesnt have a college diploma.
    You don't know what life will throw at you.
    At the same time... you SHOULD probably hop off this and into your room to study.:D

Yes but theres a difference there with Dick Branson, and thats he worked hard to get what he has. He made the right calls, the right investments, and worked hard. In comparison, getting your [High School Degree] would be a cakewalk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement