Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

Graham wrote: »
    In fairness, if they have 100+ orders, are only receiving 5-10 at set intervals (say weekly), then they should be able to give some sort of rough timeline.

The fact that nothing is said, given that they have SOME information, is unacceptable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

khamilto wrote: »
    In fairness, if they have 100+ orders, are only receiving 5-10 at set intervals (say weekly), then they should be able to give some sort of rough timeline.

The fact that nothing is said, given that they have SOME information, is unacceptable.

who said they were receiving stock at set intervals?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 iLander

Graham, now the picture you paint is ridiculous. You basically are implying Komplett are like survivors on a desert island, coming out to the beach and some times a plane from Intel comes and drops 1 processor, sometimes 10, sometimes it doesn't come at all. And Intel is this mystical power that doesn't talk to anyone. Just drops processor.

Yet somehow, other companies don't suffer from this problem! They either do have stock or don't. Go figure...

What's your stake, Graham, in all this?

Who said they weren't? Even if they weren't sent stock exactly 144 hours apart, over a time interval they can estimate future stock arrival (with the assumption that nothing changes in the meantime). That's what all businesses that have a physical inventory provided by suppliers are capable of doing. On the back of this, they then provide customers with the information that it may be Date Whatever until their orders are fulfilled and if they are unhappy with this, to contact them for a refund.

I'm not sure why you are going to such extreme lengths to defend Komplett at all costs.

Komplett know they are receiving stock in 5-10 units. Komplett know they have X orders. Komplett can then establish the estimated time of delivery to customer Y, given no circumstances change.

That is elemental, and obvious. Yet you argue against it because you seem to just want a disagreement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

iLander wrote: »
    What's your stake, Graham, in all this?

Ah shucks, you have me. I'm a plant, sent here 14 years and 4000 posts ago to sign up and wait for posters to start throwing toys out of the pram at Komplett :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah shucks, you have me. I'm a plant, sent here 14 years and 4000 posts ago to sign up and wait for posters to start throwing toys out of the pram at Komplett :rolleyes:

No, I simply suggest your behaviour kind of resembles that of internet troll, Graham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    They could have communicated better but there is the Talk to...option here rather than just warning customers off. I have only good experience of them and know nobody who faults them.

They could have communicated better but there is the Talk to...option here rather than just warning customers off. I have only good experience of them and know nobody who faults them.

The OP (although phrased confusingly) stated that he had been in contact with them and had been fobbed off.
    The talk to forum has been closed.
    Lastly, a quick search of boards.ie shows many tens(hundreds?) of individual complaints about komplett.ie. While you may know no-one who faults them, boards.ie has plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This forum is for advice on resolving consumer issues. What steps have you taken with Komplett to resolve your issue?

Plus, I do not want to see any further comments about posters working for the company. That is not an acceptable level of posting.

dudara wrote: »
    This forum is for advice on resolving consumer issues. What steps have you taken with Komplett to resolve your issue?

Plus, I do not want to see any further comments about posters working for the company. That is not an acceptable level of posting.

Summarising, I called them multiple times. They replied telling me to be patient because it's coming soon. I eventually asked for a contact from a manager, who didn't even have the courtesy to write to me himself but a CS employee quoted his supposed email. His email consisted of pushing the blame, not taking ownership and only solution was a refund, as if I was supposed to consider myself lucky to even be on in the 'queue'. I did cancel the order. They didn't even care to reply to my email to confirm that they cancelled it. I simply saw the processor was removed.

I wanted to share negative feedback, so that others, when buying, can have a full picture of what they might expect. I think that is only fair. My post was moved, I didn't know where I can discuss my opinion, obviously started in wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Just to bring some perspective, I ordered recently a large number of parts for a new custom-built PC and monitor with komplett.ie and did not get any troubles what so ever. They offer competitive prices on the Irish market with a flat/free delivery to Ireland, so they are a welcome addition to the Irish market. Compare price with some greedy Irish based suppliers and you'll notice the difference (Look at prices at Maplin for instance)

Cilar wrote: »
    Just to bring some perspective, I ordered recently a large number of parts for a new custom-built PC and monitor with komplett.ie and did not get any troubles what so ever. They offer competitive prices on the Irish market with a flat/free delivery to Ireland, so they are a welcome addition to the Irish market. Compare price with some greedy Irish based suppliers and you'll notice the difference (Look at prices at Maplin for instance)

Cliar, I appreciate your feedback, however would like to point out, again, that the thing is how company resolves said issues. If you had an issue with them and they notified you of it in advance, were proactive in solving and communication, I would have to believe that I just caught them with flu or after a visit to a dodgy Amsterdam coffee shop and simply unlucky.

Seeing as how there no longer is any consumer issue, and the OP simply wants to share his experience, I am merging this into the Best/Worst Customer Service thread.

dudara

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

H+M left a security tag on a shirt I bought today. Bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    H+M left a security tag on a shirt I bought today. Bit annoying.

Accidents happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Good
    It has happened myself or my wife several times in various stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sadubehuh

Nothing but praise for Flybe today!

My little brother goes to school in the UK because he has special needs that are catered for better over there. It's my 21st today and he was supposed to be flying home for the party, but had lost his passport. We managed to get him another and posted it out, but it has been stuck in the distribution centre since Wednesday and when he went up to try and get it, they wouldn't release it.

I messaged Flybe on Facebook and the rep emailed me a list of other accepted ID's not five minutes after I had sent the message. We worked out that my brother will be able to fly on his student card, and on further phone contact with Flybe and Dublin Airport, we were also able to get someone to stay with him through passport control in Dublin, just in case there are any problems (and because he's liable to shout bomb in airports).

Flybe have made my birthday!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Not really a customer service issue but just want to give a shout-out to the Four Star Pizza delivery driver who was delivering to my street on Saturday. And who knocked on my door to tell me I'd left my keys in it.

Thanks for looking out delivery bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

Girl working in Trax CD shop in Tullamore has a cold/cough/chest infection and took my card for payment and then proceeded to cough into her hand with my card in the tips of her fingers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

cnolan wrote: »
    Girl working in Trax CD shop in Tullamore has a cold/cough/chest infection and took my card for payment and then proceeded to cough into her hand with my card in the tips of her fingers.

What did you buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭cnolan

What did you buy?

some cd as a present, it doesn't matter really what I bought, you shouldn't on stuff you give to customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

cnolan wrote: »
    some cd as a present, it doesn't matter really what I bought, you shouldn't on stuff you give to customers.

I doubt the poor girl did it deliberately!

As rants go, this is just pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

"Order now for guaranteed Christmas delivery and 10% off your order"....is what the email said...bigger fool me..

Its today...postman is gone and no lenses , so its back to the glasses for christmas...tanks Vision Direct...back to Lense Planet...:mad::rolleyes:

Ordered two weeks ago before you ask..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Postman doesn't deliver the parcels from Vision Direct, it's Fastway and they are beyond useless. They are sitting on a parcel to me since last Friday. Their website claims that they are experiencing delays due to adverse weather conditions. The parcel is from a company on the Eastside of Galway City and is to be delivered to the western suburbs of Galway City. They would be faster if they sent their couriers out on foot. Fortunately my parcel contains nothing urgent or Christmas related.

BTW last time I ordered from Vision Direct I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and had the lenses Monday lunch time. But this was early November.

Have you contacted Vision Direct to find out the status of your parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

... Well not initially, but common sense prevailed.

So, 5 years ago I'd bought a DC29 from DID as a result of a BA. 150 euro.

So, a few weeks ago the motor burns out, and noticing the 5 year warranty sticker on the cannister, and the Dublin number said I'd see what would happen as I'd heard good things about Dyson's CS.

I called, got through to the UK call centre only to be told the machine was a week and a half out of warranty so tough luck. I was offered a new machine at a reduced price, said I'd think about it.

Checked the offer price and it was only 10 euro cheaper than the website price, so I decided to call again as I'd been told 'my' offer was 140 cheaper than the website. CS were then able to explain that there was an offer on the website, so yes, I would only be saving 10 euro. For the second time I voiced my disappointment re them not having a grace period on the 5 year warranty, and again no joy...

I persevered, and wrote an email to them instead, and fair play, the next day they came back and said they would honour the warranty. (I'd argued that the motor would have started to burn out during the 5 year period, it simply didn't expire suddenly after 5 years!)

Service engineer, friendly guy called, replaced the whole motor and included a post motor HEPA filter FOC, and machine is as good as new. (I opted to buy a new genuine pre motor filter from him at the time)

So, kudos to Dyson.

Merged into megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 18,117 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I doubt the poor girl did it deliberately!

As rants go, this is just pathetic

Not an actual consumer issue imo, but not pathetic either.

Personally I would be disgusted if someone sneezed into their hands and then handled my items. Poor girl has a cold, but hygeine is imporrant too. Fair enough to people with colds (It happens.... ALOT) who have tissues and sneeze into either the tissue or their arm. I think that should be commonly thought among retail staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Not an actual consumer issue imo, but not pathetic either.

Personally I would be disgusted if someone sneezed into their hands and then handled my items. Poor girl has a cold, but hygeine is imporrant too. Fair enough to people with colds (It happens.... ALOT) who have tissues and sneeze into either the tissue or their arm. I think that should be commonly thought among retail staff.
    Having seen the things the general public do in shops and especially fitting rooms (or are they bathrooms) i have no sympathy for this particular person on this occasion. As said above i doubt the staff member did it deliberately, its life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Always found Vision Direct excellent to be honest.

Advertisement