Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you support a Love/Hate sub forum?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

How much effort is involved in archiving an old forum and setting up a new one? Couldnt you just rename one of the dead subforums and then move all the old threads out of it using the standard mod moving powers? This is really where a place like reddit has a huge advantage over a traditional forum like boards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

How much effort is involved in archiving an old forum and setting up a new one?

Id say 10-15 mins work tops for a Category Mod.

Glee.

My Little Pony (for fúcks sake lads. Really?)

Battlestar Gallatica (should be in "finished shows" section)

Stargate

and possibly one of the worst things Ive ever viewed: The Covies (only there because one of the Boards founders' friends made it)

should all be shot in the head or archived.

The TV category is a bit of a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Given that the two other polls on Love/Hate - Fran or Nidge and the Gardai - are attracting such low numbers of voters, there is hardly a need for a separate sub-forum. Imagine how few votes such polls would get in, say, March.

43 votes in 5 hours is low?

Godge wrote: »
    Given that the two other polls on Love/Hate - Fran or Nidge and the Gardai - are attracting such low numbers of voters, there is hardly a need for a separate sub-forum. Imagine how few votes such polls would get in, say, March.

Both threads are relatively new. By comparison 388 people (so far) have participated in this one.

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    I support the idea of a love/hate forum on boards.
    I do think the one thread is very unwieldy and difficult to read.

And it seems to be getting more disorganised as this season progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

3 more weeks and it won't matter. :pac:

tZOS8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I'd be in favour of this if only to be able to find non love/hate threads in the television forum.

I'd be in favour of this if only to be able to find non love/hate threads in the television forum.
    Then go vote for the subforum ;)

Mr E wrote: »
    3 more weeks and it won't matter. :pac:

tZOS8.gif

screencap13-65-630x348.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement