Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you support a Love/Hate sub forum?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 8:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

In the same way Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Wire, Top Gear and many more have their own sub forum in the Television section I think its time Love/Hate did too.

There's already 4 topics on the first two pages of TV alone and we're told it'll get at least one more run next year.

You can support the proposed new Boards forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057064080

Would you support a Love/Hate sub forum? 124 votes

Yes. Coolaboola. Happy Days
    0% 0 votes
    No. Ging gang goo!
    100% 124 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Poll added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

While I watch the series, I'm by no means a frequent poster in the threads. But I'm not sure how long the series will last, and the impression I'm getting from this series is that it may soon come to an end with this series or possibly the next. If it happens to be the case, I don't think a lot of discussion could take place in its own sub-forum. Especially since the seasons themselves are so short. Once this series ends, I'd imagine the discussions will be next to non-existent.

I could, however, be totally wrong on this, but just my observation.

If a My Little Pony forum can be justified than this certainly can ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,238 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

If Love/Hate threads continue to clutter up the main television forum I would be in favor of a sub-forum being created.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Tristram wrote: »
    If Love/Hate threads continue to clutter up the main television forum I would be in favor of a sub-forum being created.

Don't know what you mean

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]
    Love/Hate's Most Evil Character
    LOVE/HATE scene locations
    Love hate song
    Love/Hate Season 3 Recap
    Best looking Love/Hate character
    Love/hate Opening theme tune
    Love / Hate theme before & after ads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

Don't know what you mean

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]
    Love/Hate's Most Evil Character
    LOVE/HATE scene locations
    Love hate song
    Love/Hate Season 3 Recap
    Best looking Love/Hate character
    Love/hate Opening theme tune
    Love / Hate theme before & after ads

Would you support a Love/Hate sub forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a 6 week show, so the forum would gather cobwebs for at least 40 weeks in the year (taking into account a few weeks buildup and a few weeks of aftermath and DVD discussion).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Mr E wrote: »
    It's a 6 week show, so the forum would gather cobwebs for at least 40 weeks in the year (taking into account a few weeks buildup and a few weeks of aftermath and DVD discussion).

all year there was speculation threads and rumoured return dates
    Some shows like breaking bad only had 12 eps per year(6 weeks more)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

support

posted this in main thread:

Would a sub forum cut out some of this nit picking?

I know there was a failed request last year but seems a lot of potential for more than enough separate threads IMO

Basic historical information request threads for example
    The locations thread
    Episode threads
    Predictions
    Soundtracks
    So called continuity errors
    Allegories and hidden meanings
    Wire rip offs
    Sopranos rip offs
    etc

Edit: + Nit pickers criticism thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

It's only a 6 episode show, no need at all for its own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

no need really, there simply isnt enough content available to justify a sub forum, even some the forums already there are dead,

like the glee forum its a shows that airs 24 episodes a season and its mainly filled with episodes threads as was the dexter forum till it ended and a few extra topics came up,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've noticed once a show gets a sub-forum, the conversation doesn't flow as well as it does on the main Television forum and your average boardsie won't even realise it exists.
    I understand why people want the sub-forum, but having seen it happen in the past, it'll kill a lot of the banter that's in place at the moment.

I vote against.

Seems to be 2-1 in favour so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Seems to be 2-1 in favour so far

Is it not 3-2 in favour ?

brian_t wrote: »
    Is it not 3-2 in favour ?

Oops ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Don't know if it would swing the argument one way or another but the actress that plays Janet in the show was on Today FM about half an hour ago and confirmed there would be another season of the show.

irishfeen wrote: »
    Don't know if it would swing the argument one way or another but the actress that plays Janet in the show was on Today FM about half an hour ago and confirmed there would be another season of the show.

I can see it running for another 2 or 3 if they give us a couple of new strong characters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I can see it running for another 2 or 3 if they give us a couple of new strong characters

I've heard S5 will be the last.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

This has just been done in forum requests.
    I'm - 1 on this because
    1) 6 episodes a season is just way too short. There is nowhere near enough content. Even comparing this to Breaking Bad etc is a joke.
    2) This programme has almost run its course at this stage. I don't see it getting past season 6.

• Advertisement

I'm usually of the opinion that most shows do not need their own private forum - simple thread discussions would suffice. Especially a show that is only 6 weeks out of the year.

Ok. The "one thread fits all" is starting to get a bit silly for this show considering the myriad of sub topics it has.

We should have got this forum from season two to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We should definitely get a thread. According the rte about 900,000 people watch love hate in Sunday.
    Imagine 5% if them honed boards for the love/hate form ?
    Could be positive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Definitely need a forum!!!
    There are so many things happening in the thread at once that by the time you respond to something, there's about twenty other questions asked. :( a lot of newbies querying what's happening. Theories being rallied, between the pages of questions gets very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,495 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Like I said over in the Forum Request thread...a quick tidy up of the Television sub forum would provide plenty of space for a L/H forum.

Crazy voting down a new show forum when there's one for 'The Covies' and other shows that have been cancelled.

The Televison forum has just been left to rot for the last few years...tidy it up for fcuk.

I mean as it stands now;

Battlestar Galactica link...should be deleted..already in the 'Finished/Cancelled' drop down menu.

Breaking Bad - Should be in the 'Finished/Cancelled' sub forum

Gameshows and Quizzes- Should be deleted altogether, there are posts in it from 2012 and actual quiz shows like Pointless just have threads here in the main TV forum.

Glee-I'd call for deletion, it isn't being used. There are only 30 posts combined across every thread on the front page of it.

Stargate link- same situation as the Battlestar forum, delete the link, it's in the SciFi & Fantasy drop down.

The Covies- goes without saying.

There's six slots opened up right there.

24 could stay depending on whether or not there's a follow up to Live Another Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Surely there now has to be a forum made for this? One of the most popular shows on the box in Ireland. With now countless threads on the show appearing on the TV forum, there is a need for its own forum imo. Hopefully this can be done quickly as less popular shows have their own forums with little to no activity in a good few of them for countless months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the last l/h thread was modded with "stop starting l/h threads"
    yet discussing whether Fran is a crazy person playing with dead peoples bits who knows about linda is not gonna sit well in a thread where we are spoilering last weeks episode

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Tbh I'm put off posting in the thread here on boards as it's far too unwieldy to have a decent discussion about anything. Even reading it is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I support the idea of a love/hate forum on boards.
    I do think the one thread is very unwieldy and difficult to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Blay wrote: »
    The Covies- goes without saying.

Speaking of Covies.......

MV5BMjMzODA5MjY3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY0OTU3OA@@._V1_SY317_CR20,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Sure didn’t Sarah Carroll who played Bride O’Malley in Covies also feature as Annemarie in S04E03 and S04E04 of Love Hate? Can’t remember exactly what her role was. Pure grounds for a separate Sub forum :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement