Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

When your checking the Dublin Bus app to see when the next one is , but before it loads you see the bus coming. About once a year that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

being told my takeaway delivery will be about 40 minutes and then it arrives in 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Triggers make me happy.

That and getting to work with no red lights, a passage of green and amber lights.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Sally O'Brien and the way she might look at you...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

little puppies, kind people who always help other, small kiddies, people who give up seats on..................aaaagh, no, fcuk it, I can't do it.

This thread is all too nicey nicey for me........I am out.

Runs screaming back to the annoyance people

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Getting a flash of the lights or a wave of the hand from a driver after I've done something nice for them like letting them out at traffic. Love feeling appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

When threads like this die well before the trivial annoying things thread , hello what are we , californians on Prozac or properly grumpy irish people !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

seeing people stand up to scumbags and causing them harm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

The smell of frying bacon wafting up the stairs.

When the cat we rescued forgets that its afraid of its own shadow and falls asleep on my lap.

Listening to someone getting ready for work knowing you have the day off.

Returning home from an afternoon with my nephews and enjoying the silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Going into the gym and seeing it completely empty :D

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    When threads like this die well before the trivial annoying things thread , hello what are we , californians on Prozac or properly grumpy irish people !:D

Aw, that's kinda sad that grumpiness makes you happy. I feel bad for you.

Have a hug.

*hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

When i get home from a crappy day at work and open the front door and my wee dog goes mental.

When my girlfriend is sitting on the couch beside me with her legs over mine and i feel her legs twitch as she falls asleep. When she puts her ankle between my legs when we spoon as we fall asleep. I feel so content and love the fact that she is comfy enough to do this.

getting the chewy malteaser in a packet

Flipping a perfect pancake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

a cup of tea and a bar of chocolate

Getting a run of green lights on the N81 (doesn't happen often)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭893bet

Seeing a speed van.............then checking to see your speed and realising you are ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Sar Bear

When you have music on shuffle and you get a string of your favourite songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    little puppies, kind people who always help other, small kiddies, people who give up seats on..................aaaagh, no, fcuk it, I can't do it.

This thread is all too nicey nicey for me........I am out.

Runs screaming back to the annoyance people

I came here to have a sneak peek and look what I've found!! Mwahahahaha...
    Ok, going back "home" to the annoying thread too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Have a hug.

*hug*

Internet hugs make me happy

*hugs all rounnd*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

When my hair doesn't look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.

Having the weekend off (happens maybe 4 times a year).

When the boyfriend brings home wine.

When the dude in avoca makes a heart shape in my hot chocolate (don't even care that he does it for everyone).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Driving to work in the morning and there's no traffic and every traffic light is green. Awh yeah!

When I go for a walk in the park and meet happy doggies. <3 They always put a smile on my face.

A good run where the sweat does be pumping off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Seeing seedlings poke their head out of the soil.

Watching a teeny bird flap about and do it's thing, then it sees me watching it and gets all morto and flies away.

When strangers smile at you as they pass in the street (not the creepy ones)

When someone makes me an unexpected cup of tea and it lands in front of me. Only ever happens at work, and about twice a year, but it really makes me happy :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

How every morning my daughter wakes up looking for me and gives me a big cuddle. Better than any internet *hug* I tells ye.

Walking on frosty grass.

Scoring a volley in a football match.

Opening the foil on a jar of Nutella or Coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Bursting bubbles on bubble wrap!!

maguic24 wrote: »
    Bursting bubbles on bubble wrap!!

Bubbles! Just bubbles!

I now carry a bottle of bubbles in my handbag for bubbly occasions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

The smell of cut grass on a warm day.
    A cup of tea and a nice reefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

When two people you've thought should know each other, end up knowing each other!

The other day at swimming I realized that two lovely old widows that I know separately had made friends with each other and they were frolicking about together in the pool. It made me so happy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When washing a bowl that had wheat-a-bix in it, and you don't have to hurt yourself to get a clean bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Getting a seat on the train.
    A hot shower after going for a run. Nothing like it.
    Making my daughter laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Getting every USB cable plugged in the right way up first time for a full day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement