Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Division 3 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭niall1811

I have a couple of other drafts on around that time also so im hoping they dont end up clashing, majority will rule though so some of us may end up with drafts clashing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

As someone who has a 5:00 alarm every morning, I'm begging for you all not to vote for 10:00!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I won't be able to give any time to the draft. I'll just let the computer pick it for me. I've used that tactic for the last two years and each time I've had by far the best roster in the league. Hopefully I'll get just as lucky this time round.

fatgav wrote: »
    As someone who has a 5:00 alarm every morning, I'm begging for you all not to vote for 10:00!
    Well it looks like the 10pm vote is winning for monday or tuesday, though if 9 pm ties with them i'll put it at 9, i wouldnt say many people want to sit all night at a screen for the draft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

niall1811 wrote: »
    Well it looks like the 10pm vote is winning for monday or tuesday, though if 9 pm ties with them i'll put it at 9, i wouldnt say many people want to sit all night at a screen for the draft!

I've voted for 9 and 10 both nights but I'd be happier to go for 9pm

• Advertisement

Currently waiting on 4 more votes to make up the 16 on the poll, will be open till tomorrow evening for those left to cast a vote (link posted before in this thread) If those left dont vote then the draft will be at 9 on tuesday as that is currently in the lead, i'll post the definite time after i close the poll tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I voted for tuesday as i have another draft on monday, but if it ends up on monday fair enough, i'll let the computer draft for me

Poll is now closed, sorry if you didnt get a chance to vote but its been open long enough for almost everybody! Tuesday 3rd September at 9:00 is the winner so the draft will be scheduled for then, get cramming over the weekend its almost draft time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My other draft that i taught was monday is now tuesday :eek:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/form.php
    Bottom line:
    With great inseason management, we think you have about a 60 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With good inseason management, we think you have about a 40 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With average inseason management, we think you have a 21 percent chance of making the playoffs.

How did you do?

• Advertisement

Bottom line:
    With great inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With good inseason management, we think you have about a 70 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With average inseason management, we think you have a 59 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Pretty happy, though could have some better options at wideout but i'll cope :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Blue Mountain Goats

QB: Peyton Manning, Matt Schaub
    RB: LeSean McCoy, Ahmad Bradshaw, Shane Vereen, LaMichael James
    WR: Marques Colston, Mike Wallace, Anquan Boldin, Brian Hartline
    TE: Fred Davis, Jermaine Gresham
    PK: Josh Brown
    TD: Cincinnati Bengals

Bottom line:
    With great inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With good inseason management, we think you have about a 75 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With average inseason management, we think you have a 62 percent chance of making the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Henry Le Cheat

QB: Russell Wilson, Jake Locker
    RB: Doug Martin, Eddie Lacy, Isaiah Pead
    WR: Andre Johnson, Eric Decker, Rueben Randle, Malcom Floyd, Ryan Broyles
    TE: Greg Olsen, Zach Sudfeld
    PK: Kai Forbath
    TD: Arizona Cardinals

Bottom line:
    With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With good inseason management, we think you have about a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs.
    With average inseason management, we think you have a 32 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Mid-table mediocrity beckons :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Fell asleep after setting an alarm to wake me for the draft.. and then it doesn't go off.

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

QB - Cam, Terrelle Pryor
    RB - Ivory, Richards, Helu, Leshoure
    WR - Britt, Thomas, Wright, Streater.
    TE - Bennett, Witten.
    Blair Walsh
    Chicago Bears defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Not particularly happy with my team - Blu York Giants

QB - Rodgers
    RB - Morris, Ingram, Hillman, Franklin
    WR - Garcon, Shorts, Jeffrey, Dobson, Woods
    TE - Gronk, Chandler
    K - Hartley
    DEF - Ravens

Haven't bothered checking the rate my team on footballguys, but reckon it wouldn't be pleasant reading. Need Rodgers and Gronk to have big years if I am to be competitive

Peyton with 46 fecking points :eek: :cool: - perfect start to the fantasy season.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Peyton with 46 fecking points :eek: :cool: - perfect start to the fantasy season.

Was saying to myself last night watching it i was glad i wasnt the poor fella playing against peyton this week with 7 td's!! crazy points!

Only checked my team there. Third year in a row that I've managed to get Brandon Marshall. I think he has a thing for me :P

My main weakness seems to be with the running backs. I might in the market for one in a while.

I'm currently projected to win my game. Hopefully it stays that way.

I've won my match up. AJ Green ripped it up tonight. It's also strange to see Marshall catching a few throws. He was criminal a few years ago for dropping them.

Good start to the season.

I love the new write up feature that they have this year for each match. It's excellent.

• Advertisement

I love the new write up feature that they have this year for each match. It's excellent.
    Yea, I like that feature aswell. Its not that accurate though, it predicted a win for my team but I lost :)

Coeus wrote: »
    Yea, I like that feature aswell. Its not that accurate though, it predicted a win for my team but I lost :)

I got 35 points more than my projected score last week.

I'm down for 124 this week.

I was projected to score 150 points one week last season. I don't think I got near it though. That was a great season. Averaged well over 100 points a game. I think if I can sort out my RBs I won't be far off it.

Anyone have any (good) RBs they want rid of?

Anyone have any (good) RBs they want rid of?

Patriots Shane Vereen? Just decided there last night that I don't want him anymore. :p

If anyone is interested in a Trade, let me know. My team is Bunch of Goons (in more ways than one!). Will consider any 2 for 2 trade at this stage.

Benimar wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in a Trade, let me know. My team is Bunch of Goons (in more ways than one!). Will consider any 2 for 2 trade at this stage.

Would you be interested in Martellus Bennett or Jason Witten for one of your WR (other than Cotchery)?

Anyone need a TE? With Owen Daniels out for 3-6, Garrett Graham should be a top 10 TE in that time - willing to listen to any offers

Have sent out a couple of offers but Jordan Reed is on the trade block if anyone's interested in TE help.

Have sent out a couple of offers but Jordan Reed is on the trade block if anyone's interested in TE help.

I have too many players on a bye this week to trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

he had great week but not sure what else he is going be upto

• Advertisement

Anyone in need of a RB? Could let Zac Stacy go if I got a top WR

Still open to trading an RB if anyone wants to give up a top WR. Stacy and Brown both available

I'm actually going to lose my match by 0.7 because the Bears defence sucks and gave me -2 points. FML.

My win streak extends to 8 wins - which clinches my division, a bye into the semi finals and promotion to Division 2!

Looks like we could have some close battles for the remaining playoff places, no other places are guaranteed. Should be an interesting final week of the regular season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Blured wrote: »
    My win streak extends to 8 wins - which clinches my division, a bye into the semi finals and promotion to Division 2!

Looks like we could have some close battles for the remaining playoff places, no other places are guaranteed. Should be an interesting final week of the regular season

Currently number 2 seed, but I still don't think I'm safe at 8-4. Since your true and all, maybe you might forget to set your team properly ;):p

Anyone know how the tiebreakers work? I'm currently out of the playoffs on the tiebreaker but I don't know what it is!

• Advertisement

Anyone know how the tiebreakers work? I'm currently out of the playoffs on the tiebreaker but I don't know what it is!
    I'm currently 4th of the 5 8-4 teams. The 3 teams above me beat me in matchups, the team below me I didn't play but its looks like I'm placed ahead because of points difference.

I'm currently 4th of the 5 8-4 teams. The 3 teams above me beat me in matchups, the team below me I didn't play but its looks like I'm placed ahead because of points difference.

I'm first of the 5 teams. I have the better points difference. I'm still down as the 5th seed in the playoffs though. Has that been updated yet or will it stay the same?

I'm first of the 5 teams. I have the better points difference. I'm still down as the 5th seed in the playoffs though. Has that been updated yet or will it stay the same?
    You must be in the same division as Blu York. The division leaders are seeded 1 through 4 for the playoffs. I lead my division so even though I rank fifth overall, I'm seeded 3rd for the playoffs for now. That said if I lose my matchup at the weekend and Goons win I think I miss out on the playoffs no matter what happens in the other matchups :(

Far too close at the top for my liking.

I'm currently down as 6th seed but and ranked 3rd overall in the standings?
    Also in my division I'm ranked 3rd overall and guy leading is 4th overall.(division 3) I'm assuming I lost a head to head there - on my phone at the minute so way too much effort in checking with the Android application.

Spent some time trying to comprehend it all earlier and gave up - all I know is I want to win this weekend and I should be good for the playoffs, I think - god only knows what's gonna happen if I loose and a couple of people all end up with the same record fighting for the last playoff spot though :-P

You must be in the same division as Blu York. The division leaders are seeded 1 through 4 for the playoffs. I lead my division so even though I rank fifth overall, I'm seeded 3rd for the playoffs for now. That said if I lose my matchup at the weekend and Goons win I think I miss out on the playoffs no matter what happens in the other matchups :(

Ah right. I am in his division. I've been the overall leader for the last two years. Never had to worry about anything outside first seed. It's a strange feeling. I don't like it. I'm getting nervous. It's very, very close.

• Advertisement

From what I can make out:
    - Blu York Giants are in as the No 1 seed.
    - The winner of Bunch of Goons (me) v Blue Mountain Goats will get a wildcard (BMG might win the division)
    - Team of Rivals will get a wildcard with a win or a Goons loss.
    - The winner of Henry Le Cheat v Manafanas Steelers will be in. I think Henry can qualify with a loss if Blue Mountain Goats win and Warfield Warriors lose.
    - Witty Tanks are in with a win or a Fumblers loss. Fumblers need to win and hope Witty Tanks lose.
    - Warfield Warriors are in with a win.

Then again, its so complicated I'm not really sure!!

From what I can make out:
    - Blu York Giants are in as the No 1 seed.
    - The winner of Bunch of Goons (me) v Blue Mountain Goats will get a wildcard (BMG might win the division)
    - Team of Rivals will get a wildcard with a win or a Goons loss.
    - The winner of Henry Le Cheat v Manafanas Steelers will be in. I think Henry can qualify with a loss if Blue Mountain Goats win and Warfield Warriors lose.
    - Witty Tanks are in with a win or a Fumblers loss. Fumblers need to win and hope Witty Tanks lose.
    - Warfield Warriors are in with a win.

Then again, its so complicated I'm not really sure!!
    That gives me another out if I lose :) I thought I had lost to Warriors since I'm behind them in the overall rankings :confused:

That gives me another out if I lose :) I thought I had lost to Warriors since I'm behind them in the overall rankings :confused:

You have the head to head over Warfield, but not sure how it works if there are a few 8-5 teams.

Fair play Benimar for having a go trying to make sense of it.

Ugh, trying to pick 3 from 5 from my crappy WR unit. Might have to gamble on one of them.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Currently number 2 seed, but I still don't think I'm safe at 8-4. Since your true and all, maybe you might forget to set your team properly ;):p

Good win for you this week - I put up decent numbers but your team had a great week - looks like we are both through to the playoffs

Good win for you this week - I put up decent numbers but your team had a great week - looks like we are both through to the playoffs

Cheers mate, was probably my best week of FF ever in a 16 man league. Luckily my team was able to put up those numbers as 125 is damn good scoring and will win you most games.

When I seen Alshon Jeffery had put up 38 points late in the third quarter, I thought that was going to be it. But Josh Gordan ended up saving me.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Cheers mate, was probably my best week of FF ever in a 16 man league. Luckily my team was able to put up those numbers as 125 is damn good scoring and will win you most games.

When I seen Alshon Jeffery had put up 38 points late in the third quarter, I thought that was going to be it. But Josh Gordan ended up saving me.
    Looks like ye guys will be 1 and 2 seeds. I think the 9-5 teams tiebreaker is been decided on points looking at how the play-off spots were set after last weeks update. Looks like I'll be 3rd seed once tonight's game is in the books!

So its myself against TaosHum in the final - hopefully for me we don't get a repeat of our week 13 match up where I put up 125 points and still lost by 30+

In my past two games, my team has put 156 and 143 (thanks to Gordan and Charles). So I'm expecting to flop in the final with something like 60 points!

So its myself against TaosHum in the final - hopefully for me we don't get a repeat of our week 13 match up where I put up 125 points and still lost by 30+

Congrats on the win mate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement