Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

I am looking for someone to give me maths grinds ASAP for this week only. If any of you know someone in the city or county can you please PM me? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I neeed somewhere that will engrave initials into my o neills sports top.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

verywell wrote: »
    I am looking for someone to give me maths grinds ASAP for this week only. If any of you know someone in the city or county can you please PM me? Thank you.
    There are many threads on grinds over in Edu
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=28&query=grinds
    Depending on your level you can check in LC or NUIG forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

Im looking for a good cleaner in galway! does anyone use a cleaner.. im looking for one once a fortnight, if so how much does it usually average out per visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

I am setting up an informal musicians & singers club where on average 10 musicians will meet up and play a few songs once a week. It's for musicians to network and meet likeminded souls rather than for an audience to listen too. I'm looking for a room in Galway City, where we could get started.
    Anybody know of a pub or hall where we could do this?

• Advertisement

Arus often have similar things on early in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sunflake

Hi, we have a cat staying in our back garden and I am looking to make some kind of small shed/bedding for it. To do that I'm looking for a big wooden/plastic box, maybe an old bedside table/small furniture that would be binned overwise...

Open to any ideas that would be suitable for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

sunflake wrote: »
    Hi, we have a cat staying in our back garden and I am looking to make some kind of small shed/bedding for it. To do that I'm looking for a big wooden/plastic box, maybe an old bedside table/small furniture that would be binned overwise...

Open to any ideas that would be suitable for that!

http://www.pinterest.com/cineweenie/feral-cat-shelters/

This is a good and not to expensive way of making one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Does anybody know what time the costume place on Middle Street closes at? In the market for a wig (or just hair) to make hairy feet, as well as either a velvet jacket or a cloak.

I swear it's not last minute Halloween shopping...

EDIT: open 10am to 8pm according to their Facebook page!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

glyn86 wrote: »
    Thanks sofa I will look them up I was reffered to galwaypetphotography they seem to be very good and do outdoors which is a big bonus for us I will contact every photographers for price comparison first.

The photographer beside the Western hotel is Yann Studios (yannstudios.com/). I don't know what they are like for animal photography, but we used them for our wedding (about 15 years ago) and we found them professional and efficient - they did exactly what we asked them to with no fuss. Also they were reasonably priced: not the cheapest, but not the most expensive.

Good luck.

tmh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Looking for a nice steak restaurant in the city or nearby? Just here tonight. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

gimmick wrote: »
    Looking for a nice steak restaurant in the city or nearby? Just here tonight. Thanks.

Check out this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057301315

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PikaPikachu

I am looking for a CAMERA MAN in Galway.
    I am a singer and have recently started a FB page posting covers.
    I am now working on a cover I made of George Michael's Last Christmas. The purpose of these covers is to gain experience before I start recording my first album.
    So I'm not necessarily looking for a professional: if, like me, you are looking to gain experience, this small project is a good one as it is nothing professional.

There is no compensation, other than the experience gained and, of course, your name in the credits section.
    The cover in question needs to be ready before mid-December (for obvious reasons).

I have good ideas for the video, but of course more ideas can be suggested and applied to the project while working together.

If you are interested, please get in touch. I can be contacted by e-mail at <PM only>.

Peace,

PikaPikachu

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Does anyone know where i can buy a kettle lead in the city? I know i can get them online but I don't want to wait for 2 weeks for delivery. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Goofy wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can buy a kettle lead in the city? I know i can get them online but I don't want to wait for 2 weeks for delivery. Thanks.

Any hardware or electrical shop

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Try SVP Merchants Rd. they have a box of assorted cables. Got one for my printer for 1 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Hi all,

I'm moving in the next 2-3 weeks and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get my hands on some boxes to pack all my stuff?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Conboy Electrical, across from McSwiggans Pub, will most certainly have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭thesandeman

You can buy them from Barons Self Storage on the Tuam Rd. Otherwise ask your local friendly shop owner/publican to hold some for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Ask in dunnes or Tesco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Goofy wrote: »

Maplin in Wellpark or PC World etc - same as a PC power supply cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

The "i am looking for (x) in Galway city" is that way ^^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

J o e wrote: »
    Maplin in Wellpark or PC World etc - same as a PC power supply cable.

I would not recommend Maplin they charge extortionist prices.

swiftman wrote: »
    The "i am looking for (x) in Galway city" is that way ^^^^^^^
    Indeed, cardboard box thread merged.

Dunnes, Aldi, Lidl etc all have boxes you can ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

joyces don't bale their boxes. They are left behind the checkouts. Dunnes always bail theirs straight away so you have to go in and ask for them to keep some and hope they do. Most of Aldi's are done in the morning before the store opens

Also check in fruit and veg places. Banana boxes are very sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

They do have a hole in them however... top and bottom of the box have a large hole so make sure you get the bit of paper that comes with.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get grinds in first year, university, maths? I can travel to them.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

You can buy them from Barons Self Storage on the Tuam Rd. Otherwise ask your local friendly shop owner/publican to hold some for you.

Went here last night and got a hape of them along with tape and stuff for 20 quid. They're the proper job, really thick sturdy cardboard.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

• Advertisement

matt360 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can get grinds in first year, university, maths? I can travel to them.
    Cheers.
    There are many threads on grinds over in Edu
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=28&query=grinds
    Check GMIT or NUIG forums.

Advertisement