Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carers appeal

Options
  • 29-10-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi just looking for abit of info, my husband recently went for appeal for careers allowance and was told it would take 4-6 weeks to get decision, he felt it went well but now he has been offered a full time job which money etc it's very hard to turn down. My mother has offered to be my career and move in with us to help us out, and obviously my husband would attain to me once he is home ( which he wouldn't want carers for) but what I want to know is who do I ring to say this job has come up, or do I wait for decision to come through only thing is he needs to start immediately, is it a new application for new career and my mother has to really which she will do and also if it's granted will the money be back dated now he in full time employment but wasnt the last 1.5 years This is a excellent opportunity for him but obviously we have been waiting for the appeal for 1.5 years sort of don't know what to do.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Citizen's information has some online pages regarding changes in circumstances.

I think it's your husband's responsibility to inform them as he is the person making the claim.

If your mother were to become your carer she would need to make her own separate claim for allowance as the payment is made to the carer on behalf of the state rather than on behalf of the person being cared for (ie it's not your entitlement, it's your carer's entitlement should they meet the qualifying criteria).

As far as I know, any claim won on appeal is backdated, but I'm not certain on this and citizen's information should be able to advise you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pink2012

Frito wrote: »
    Citizen's information has some online pages regarding changes in circumstances.

I think it's your husband's responsibility to inform them as he is the person making the claim.

If your mother were to become your carer she would need to make her own separate claim for allowance as the payment is made to the carer on behalf of the state rather than on behalf of the person being cared for (ie it's not your entitlement, it's your carer's entitlement should they meet the qualifying criteria).

As far as I know, any claim won on appeal is backdated, but I'm not certain on this and citizen's information should be able to advise you better.

Hi
    Many thanks for your info I rang them today and they said that if my husband was to take up full time employment just to advise them and it won't effect is claim and money would be backdated if appeal is allowed! My mother would have to re apply they would send me out new forms but medical part is already done so wouldn't be as long she would just have to qualify for means.
    Thanks again

Advertisement