Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony DR-BTN200 Wireless Bluetooth NFC Headphones - €29.99 [Carphone Warehouse]

• 02-03-2015 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up a set of these in CPW Sligo yesterday..

SODRBTN200W.jpg
    Carphone Warehouse

White may be not everyone's preference in the colour of headphones but can't deny they sound superb for the money.

Plus volume control and remote control on it work perfectly with my Nexus 4 - when using Spotify etc.

Currently £42 from Amazon, €55 from Argos, €119 direct from Sony and €112 from Pixmania.

EDIT: They seem to be €99.99 on website but were definitely €29.99 in-store yesterday. Maybe worth giving them a call as there was 4 - 5 in the Sligo branch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

bought them for 39€ a couplevof weeks ago , plus points great sound very long battery life, only problem is a bit thight around head after prolonged use, colour wouldnt wear them in public, paired well with mk808 android stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,503 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Back to 99 euros now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Just picked these up instore cpw castlebar. Had a whole wall full priced at 29.99. Nice find op cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I picked them up about 2 weeks ago for 30. The price seems to be going up and down from 100 to 30. I wouldn't pay 100 for them but they're well worth the 30 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bought them with vouchers in argos for ~50 quid a few months back. They're fantastic. Amazing battery life, I charge mine once every 2 weeks. And the sound quality is perfectly fine too. The joy of not having any cables to worry about is the best bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

noodler wrote: »
    Back to 99 euros now.
    Yeah, could be just on website though. Bought yesterday at €29.99 in-store and there were a few more priced at that behind counter too.
    EJ22 wrote: »
    Just picked these up instore cpw castlebar. Had a whole wall full priced at 29.99. Nice find op cheers
    Cheers EJ22. Seems to indicate they're still that price in store so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

Got one of these last week.
    Pretty sore on the ears after just over an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Are they available in Black in store too?

Are they available in Black in store too?
    I asked, and just white..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KneeDeepInData

Picked some up in shop street Galway today for 30 quid. Cheers op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Using mine a fair bit these days.. they're a steal for the money IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Basq wrote: »

I'd definitely agree, they're so handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭Invincible

Basq wrote: »

Pity they're only in white!
    Be nice in black/blue/red.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Just reserved mine. The colour is a bit off putting but I'll only be using these around the house so what harm.. haven't got a bargain alert for a good while aswell so Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Thanks just reserved mine aswell thanks didnt need them but got them anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I was pleasantly surprised with mine, got them about three months ago. It was weeks of usage before I had to charge them. Haven't used them too much the last 2-3 weeks but I've charged them once since I got them around the start of March. Sound quality is great for the price, they're strong enough and comfortable. Protective case is nice as well, buttons on the side are dead handy.

At €30 if say these are a must buy, even if you don't really need them. I like the white colour, but I only use them around the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

DubDJ wrote:
    At €30 if say these are a must buy, even if you don't really need them. I like the white colour, but I only use them around the house.
    Because then you'll have them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 lonkaz

Invincible wrote: »
    Pity they're only in white!
    Be nice in black/blue/red.

i prefer black . Also the earphone worth 30euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Got one of these last week.
    Pretty sore on the ears after just over an hour.

They loosened up well and now I can wear them all day. Thoroughly recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Havent treated myself to a BA in a while and i've been looking for a cheap set of Bluetooth headphones so I'm picking up a set today. Thanks to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭EITS

Can these be used with a PC in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

EITS wrote:
    Can these be used with a PC in any way?

I'd imagine you could pick up a USB Bluetooth adapter in dealz or the like for €1.49 and it'd work that way

I'd imagine you could pick up a USB Bluetooth adapter in dealz or the like for €1.49 and it'd work that way

Can anyone confirm these cheap Bluetooth adapters would work for music streaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If they're bluetooth v3.0 or later they'll support A2DP streams aka all music. Should say on the box. Take a punt at €2 if they dont say :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One set left on CPW Wilton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

This forum costs me soooo much money, cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

That is a serious price, just reserved one for collection in Grafton St. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

same here, tried searching for them but no sign on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Thanks OP - link not working but just phoned my local store and reserved mine - last one! And no - of course I dont NEED them.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dodod

gimmick wrote: »
    One set left on CPW Wilton.

I got last one thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

2 pairs left in blanch

Thanks op

Furzy wrote: »
    Thanks OP - link not working but just phoned my local store and reserved mine - last one! And no - of course I dont NEED them.

Nonsense. One can never have enough good headphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Just got a pair in Grafton St store, still a couple left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mine were dispatched an hour ago ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Ordered a pair for collection from liffey Valley. Got a confirmation email but doesn't say when I can collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Would definitely recommend these, I have them almost 3 months now and use them a lot but so far I've only had to charge them twice in that time.

The sound quality is great for the price and the built in controls work perfectly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Nice headphones for the price. Build quality is decent and sound quality is fine for the price/bluetooth (bass isnt great), but battery life is excellent and the carry bag is well made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

A good few left in Rathmines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

A good few left in Rathmines

Thanks. 4 left there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

They have a few in Liffey Valley too.

Those Bluetooth adapters in dealz are only Bluetooth v2 so I take it they won't work then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Have two pairs of these for the kids since the BA of this back at the start...

They are brilliant for the money, way cheaper then Amazon, solid and no problems.

The only thing i would say and like others have previously said, is that they do hurt your ears if you wear them for a long time (2hrs+) - but this is only a minor complaint.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was thinking about getting some headphones and then saw this thread, must be fate so would have been rude not to. Grabbed a pair in Carrick on Shannon, loads left in stock too. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Order a pair for collection in Wexford. Thanks guys. I missed out the first time around.

Wonder how much CEX offers for them?

€21

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SHEASONBTN200MA#.VUunC_lViko

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

Just got a pair in Grafton St store, still a couple left.

Thanks, I bought the last one on display in Grafton St. Seems to be back on sale online again now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Looking to make a few quick quid are we, at the expense of people who actually want the headphones?

True bargain alerts spirit!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement