Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Salesrep in 1983

Options
  • 07-03-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

The year is 1983 and its time to give back your 1979 Ford Cortina in brown with a vinyl roof. What would you replace it with. You could have an Opel Ascona, a Talbot Solara , the last of the Morris Itals or even one of the new "space age" Ford Sierras. Doesnt have to be one of the above just pick what ever you would've gone for with a picture :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

CarinaTA60groen.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

money no object (or I work for the bank...:) )

This -

800px-Lancia_Trevi_VX_001.JPG

If not, one of these, Argenta:

800px-Fiat_Argenta_argenta.jpg

Finally, if I couldn't have that, then one of these...

131-supermirafiori-4p-diesel.jpg

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

Toyota Landcruiser - I'm actually going to look into importing one of these in a few years.

By the way any particular reason for 1983?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Love these threads :)

pic-61048.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Sorry the rule is it has to come from the rep box category....no "money no object" stuff. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

K-Jet wrote: »

pic-61048.jpeg

Man they are some retro alloys if ever i seen 'em.

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Man they are some retro alloys if ever i seen 'em.

They look similar to the alloys that were on the Fiat Ritmos.... Just thinking I might have chosen a Fiat. Great car if somebody else is paying the repair bills :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Volkswagen-Golf_II_GTI_1983_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg
    without any shadow of a doubt

They look similar to the alloys that were on the Fiat Ritmos.... Just thinking I might have chosen a Fiat. Great car if somebody else is paying the repair bills :pac:

The repairs was never a big deal, tbh.......

Now rust prevention.........now that is a completely different ball of wax......:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

peasant wrote: »

Would be my choice too; but is it really sales rep? London wideboy sales rep maybe ;)

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Would be my choice too; but is it really sales rep? London wideboy sales rep maybe ;)

That's a nice looking Golf. G60 though :) Can't see many of those going out as company cars and that particular one wasn't around in 1983.... Tsk tsk Peasant and you being a German :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

MYOB wrote: »

ok ..let's go for this then ...the sales manager couldn't possibly object to that

a0001681_47bfdf8fdf348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

pic-61048.jpeg

That was around 87 was it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sebfto

peasant wrote: »

this came out in 84 ;)

my choice :
    vw golf mark 1 GTI 1.8 8 v

mickdw wrote: »
    That was around 87 was it not?

True, I had one of those Mazda's - in Gold ! -, and it was 1985.

Fine car, btw.....

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

galwaytt wrote: »
    True, I had one of those Mazda's - in Gold ! -, and it was 1985.

Fine car, btw.....

So they were out in 85 you are saying. I didnt know that. very modern even for 87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

sebfto wrote: »
    this came out in 84 ;)

my choice :
    vw golf mark 1 GTI 1.8 8 v

The 'big bumper' Mk2 Golf did not come out until at least the late eighties if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I would've had this by the way :cool::

505turbo-ouverture.jpg

VolvoMan wrote: »
    The 'big bumper' Mk2 Golf did not come out until at least the late eighties if I'm not mistaken.

The big bumper is generally known as 90 spec. (big bumpers, BBS alloys and a digital fuel injection rather than the K-Jet) But I've seen a few late 89's with it

250px-Renault_18_%28vert%29_en_Espagne_.jpg

R18 + 1983 = rep heaven :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Luke Crowley

Just to be different, I'd go for the Morris Ital:

2410849867_d2ef34ca09.jpg?v=0

20_360a.jpg

sexy time....not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iei044775

With a 1.9L 5-cylinder, great sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Remember my dads one...Carina II. Navy, velour trim, cool hidden door handles and...diesel:D

One in pic is a corona but you get the pic

Toyota_Corona_1985.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

2nd generation Toyota Cressida

250px-ToyotaCressida1983.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

VolvoMan wrote: »
    I would've had this by the way :cool::

505turbo-ouverture.jpg
    Thats probs the angriest looking car i've ever seen. Alfa 159 has nothing on that bad boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭pcardin

BMW_E28_front_20071012.jpg

Audi_100_c3_h_sst.jpg

This was beautiful back on 1983

Supercar for non-millionaires back in 1983 ;) OPEL MONZA

monza.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

pcardin wrote: »
    Supercar for non-millionaires back in 1983 ;)

monza.jpg

Ascona?

Advertisement