Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

Thanks for that - to be honest sounds like a load of nonsense!

Will read back over some of the posts from that time. I'd love to get back into it but don't have a clue who half the characters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,276 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ms.c wrote: »
    Thanks for that - to be honest sounds like a load of nonsense!

Will read back over some of the posts from that time. I'd love to get back into it but don't have a clue who half the characters are.

Ah you will get back into it fairly quick. It does not move very fast and they normally focus on 5/6 people and the rest vanish for a while. Annoying part about that storyline they set up a great ‘who done it’ and they ruined it by making Mo the answer.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

In the last episode I started laughing when John Joe was giving Caolfhionn a load of stick. All I could think was Dee was let off very lightly and she was his daughter. Then soon after Caolfhionn suddenly acted as a narrator and pointed out his hypocrisy.

Ok, so i have read back from page 101ish to date and I am delighted that I am - some great summaries of the new characters and i have a feel for what's going on.

I last stopped watching around the time Mack and Dee got married and i had read bits and pieces.

thanks to going back through the last 60ish pages I have found all of season 24 (starting with Katy in hospital) and the current season so that's my mission for the next while. Hopefully they don't get removed soon.

My time is limited - working full time, just moved into a new house and also working towards ACCA but every chance i get I'll try to catch up. I know why Katy was in hospital now so hopefully i havent missed toooooo much between her affair and her ending up in hospital

Delighted

ms.c wrote: »
    Ok, so i have read back from page 101ish to date and I am delighted that I am - some great summaries of the new characters and i have a feel for what's going on.

I last stopped watching around the time Mack and Dee got married and i had read bits and pieces.

thanks to going back through the last 60ish pages I have found all of season 24 (starting with Katy in hospital) and the current season so that's my mission for the next while. Hopefully they don't get removed soon.

My time is limited - working full time, just moved into a new house and also working towards ACCA but every chance i get I'll try to catch up. I know why Katy was in hospital now so hopefully i havent missed toooooo much between her affair and her ending up in hospital

Delighted

Katy has not appeared since she went away from RnR. Dublin was the line given I think I am not sure. I have a feeling the writers will not have her back for a while. They really ended up tying themselves in knots in that storyline and it went on way longer than it should have. Most of it made no sense and stretched the bounds of believability.

Dee (Katy's sister) was not sent away from RnR she just ran away. I also doubt the writers will have her back anytime soon as well. She now only gets a mention when Mack suddenly realises again that his daughter is somewhere thousands of miles away. Or we are told by O'Shea that the Gardai are powerless to help, I cannot remember whether they were told of the email contacts or not. There was not even any questioning of Dee's immediate family by the Gardai from what I remember.

Noreen (Katy's mother) does not seem to want to do anything about it. Ferdia (Noreen's partner) seems gormless and not much help. John Joe sits there and shrugs his shoulders and looks exasperated. There was no apology to Katy from anyone in the family.

O'Shea and the Gardai seem to brush aside incompetence and failing to find a kidnapped child by claiming to be powerless. They obviously have no way of liaising with a forensic IT department or interpol in RnR. And O'Shea's sole focus is the Frances murder which has been going along for a while.
    Briain one of the prime suspects on the Frances murder a good while ago, never seemed to be properly followed up on. Also Colm and Mo's conflicting story about seeing Andy the night of Frances murder was proven to be false and never followed up on properly.

If I was in the RnR community I would have contacted the Garda Ombudsman a long time ago!

They should put Tony in temporary charge while there is an enquiry, that would make a great storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

I've had the guilty pleasure of RNR for 7/8 years now, but I'm finding it increasingly frustrating for the reasons you stated. Whole storylines don't get resolved for better or worse, they just stop. Katy, Dee, Briain's violence, the hit & run...it's like the writers get themselves stuck, then just hope the viewers will forget. It used to be able to do really dark storylines which would come to a head at the end of the series. Now they more often than not just send them abroad, or up to Dublin :)

Holmer wrote: »
    I've had the guilty pleasure of RNR for 7/8 years now, but I'm finding it increasingly frustrating for the reasons you stated. Whole storylines don't get resolved for better or worse, they just stop. Katy, Dee, Briain's violence, the hit & run...it's like the writers get themselves stuck, then just hope the viewers will forget. It used to be able to do really dark storylines which would come to a head at the end of the series. Now they more often than not just send them abroad, or up to Dublin :)

Or worse they are sent to Fair City! :D
    In fairness to them it must be an extremely difficult thing to tie all strands of stories together. Particularly when it seems to be a lot of different writers. Some seem to just appear as writers for a short while then suddenly it moves on to another writer.

They have so many strands of stories you really would need constant meetings with writers or an obsessive level to detail like the writers in Breaking Bad for example who managed to work a prequel. While not only getting the continuity in but even leave little small details all over the place that are nods to other events.

Off the top my head my favourite RnR fairly recent episode was Mo and Colm's wedding. They tied every sort of strand of story brilliantly. Colm getting locked in the toilet. David having to marry them at short notice because they forgot the priest. I remember been glued to that one, it was 90 mile an hour, plausible and kept simple.

Frances death storyline could have been great as well, they had done all the hard work great build up, and ruined it.

Ros na Run quiz part 2

A lot of the newer actors were at a disadvantage.

I've discovered i can go all the way back to Season 21 and even though I saw all or most of that i've started from there. So far i'm enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Malachi has just appeared in the old series....only he's called Pascal! Still Tadhg's solicitot though. They must have just changed his name?

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Malachi has just appeared in the old series....only he's called Pascal! Still Tadhg's solicitot though. They must have just changed his name?

I have not caught up on the latest 'old episodes'. I will be looking out for it.

Maybe Pascal got disbarred?? If the RnR writers give this type of thing a back story they could have great fun with it.

Watching the last latest episode with Mo and Charlie in the hospital. I am more convinced that Charlie will let Mo adopt the child and live with Colm. Charlie seems to have really soften on Mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Evil twin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What a dramatic ending to tonight's episode!

branie2 wrote: »
    What a dramatic ending to tonight's episode!

It looks like it is set up for Briain to get the blame for Frances murder as well as getting caught for Luke's attack/murder. That guilty head on him will get him done for Luke's anyway! Plus I noticed in the pub Sorcha was laughing at Brian's reaction to Berni and Luke in the pub - in the background.

Evil twin?

Malachi has not changed much in over 20 years apart from the name as far as I can see!

Brilliant episode on Thursday night. This series really has been excellent!

Brilliant episode on Thursday night. This series really has been excellent!

I heard even a fella called Ronaldo is really enjoying it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

I still think Briain had something to do with Francis' murder. And he is so evil! Another crime to add to the list.

maureencol wrote: »
    I still think Briain had something to do with Francis' murder. And he is so evil! Another crime to add to the list.

Mo killed Frances, not Briain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

branie2 wrote: »
    Mo killed Frances, not Briain.

Yes, I know she killed Francis but I think Briain might have something to do with it. Like finding her still alive and finishing it.

The season finale is on Thursday week

maureencol wrote: »
    Yes, I know she killed Francis but I think Briain might have something to do with it. Like finding her still alive and finishing it.

Ah there is a theory, well done on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

I really think there is a twist in the tale to Frances murder and Mo did not kill her at all. She thinks she has and is consumed by the guilt but as somebody else has said it could be Briain.

New fella on RnR half brother of Michelle, apparently

He has a leather jacket so that must mean trouble!

Will Mo ever trust Colm again after tonight?

I think this is back up and running now! Although can't say I'm mad about the new layout.

What did ye think of the finale? Yer man Briain really is such a creep. I hope he survives this and lives to face his comeuppance. I bet Berni finds herself pregnant now, I'm sure they were leading up to that when David found out Briain hadn't really had the vasectomy.

I think Berni will be a suspect in Briain's poisoning whether he dies or not. When O'Shea finally does some actual Gardai work I assume she will get some info from an anxious looking David.

Berni mentioning she was raped, or Imelda finding out the info from Laoise will only make Berni even more of a suspect.

Like you say, I think Berni will be pregnant then we will have a will she or won't she keep the baby.

Then they will have to tie in the Luke storyline how he was attacked etc. Will they bring Luke back to start a relationship with Berni? Since they made a great play in saying his cancer had gone. Or will the writers conveniently forget about Luke?

Theoretically we could have a happy Berni and Luke - raising Briain's child - and a vengeful recovered Briain sulking around RnR. In the 'Andy' role.

Mo will never be seen again (for a while) I assume she will be sent to Galway or worse Dublin!? Marie Breathnach has put in a lot of hours as Mo in the last while, and is due a break at this stage!

Overall I thought the finale was Ok. But Briain's seizure was far from convincing. It was an amateurish job by Colm Mac Gearailt imo. It would have been far better if he did not make an attempt at those seizures. One minute his left leg would move and stop then his right leg would move and stop. More funny than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Anyone watching series 3 at the moment on wednesday nights? Between barring orders, fights over land, car crashes and love triangles there's plenty going on!

Advertisement