Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Fenton

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Any news on Tony, he has been off air for a long time, it's still called he Tony Fenton Show, so unfortunately you would think he is undergoing treatment again.

If he is, best wishes Tony!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah I miss the cheese, get well soon Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Still no sign of T-Bone. Hope all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

Tony is back on air today! Welcome back T-bone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Delighted to hear him back today, although he sounded tired. I hope all is ok with him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yeah tuned in today and thought that he didn't quite have the same energy as he usually does. Guess he's been getting more treatment or something. Get well soon Tony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Hope Tony's doing okay. Not a huge fan of the show, but I like to listen from time to time, and it'd be a shame to lose him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Colm O'Sullivan in for Tony today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Worrying to hear Tony off air again today.. really hope he's alright :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Worrying to hear Tony off air again today.. really hope he's alright :-(

It's worrying all right. It must be particularly hard for everyone else in Today FM, they always come across as really close, more like family to each other. That's one of the things I particularly like about Today FM.

Agree with the above, really hop Tony is alight, hopefully he'll be back tomorrow. Maybe he's jut coming back on air a few days a week a first to get back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,464 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Colm O'Sullivan in for Tony today.

Yeah I was suprised to hear him as I know that Alison is covering Colm on Thursday but he didn't mention this last night that I remember him covering for tony today. I hope tony is okay obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Rip Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm genuinely sad to hear that. He was the soundtrack to my life when I got home from school every evening, always on in the background and coincided with my breaks from studying during the leaving in the early 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

RIP Tony,
    Just checked here when Dermot and Dave went off air and only music playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    In genuinely sad to hear that. He was the soundtrack to my life when I got home from school every evening.

+1:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

RIP Tony,
    Just checked here when Dermot and Dave went off air and only music playing

tuned in when I heard the news. Did they say anything or did they just go to music and not come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Oh god, that is so sad. RIP Tony.

Today FM are currently just playing music without interruption. Dermot and Dave went off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah, very very sad. Far to young. Cancer is a bast**d... RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Guys

I'm going to close this thread and leave one thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement