Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Del Rey Second Leg - El Classico - Camp Nou 25th January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

fullstop wrote: »
    He caught him alright. While Busquets has a rep for playacting, he took a slap there so some on this thread could do with looking at a replay. Wasn't a yellow card though IMO, looked accidental.

@ 38 seconds
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/sergio-ramos-sent-off-v-barcelona/

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    I agree with the later part, but as for Messi I just feel he didn't stand up and be counted when we needed him the most.

Pique seems to be a little sluggish lately.. Woman troubles brewing? I thought his distribution in both legs were not up to par with his normal excellence. It's where he normally stands out imho.

Busquets did well tonight I thought. There were a few occasions where if it were not for him barely making the tackle, or barely squeezing the ball away Barca would have been in real trouble.. see what I did thar :D

Sorry it's just after setting in.. Barca have done it again, beaten their biggest rivals! Visca Barca! I wonder how this will go down in camp mou?

your first two points are related, tbh.

at 2-2, there was that period where Barça weren't moving the ball well from the back. if you notice, Messi was Barça's furthest man forward and was pretty much totally isolated. but saying that, for me he was the only hope of creating something, nearly found Piqué perfectly and made that cross (like the Cesc goal in the Bernabéu) for Alves to find Pedro late on. for me, his deeper playmaking has been outstanding lately.

I'm often frustrated with Piqué. it's not that he's troubled by big games (he almost always steps up in them), it's that he switches off too much, gets ahead of himself, I always think of him seeing himself as a bit of a star (which he is in BCN) when he needs to be more grounded like Puyol.

Busquets was actually Barça's best player in periods, imo. himself, Xavi and Messi were closest to normal form.

and same. so happy.

Mourinho congratulated Barça for the first leg only lolol. mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

How Diarra didn't get a 2nd yellow for this I do not know.....
    Then again, in answering a question I asked earlier too, it was good to see that it was him getting smacked in the face that deflected it towards Alves:)

Messi is probably still rolling.

Stupid tackle though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Anyone know where you could find an exact disciplinary record for Ramos? Most be in line to set records at this early stage of his career.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/41579/sergio-ramos?cc=5739

Over 100 yellows between club and country, 13 sendings off.

Some collection for a player in his mid 20s

edit: 22 yellows in 49 games in 06/07 must be worst by any player - booked in 45% of matches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Higuain should have bagged a hat-trick. If Madrid had scord 6 or 7, Barca would have had little to complain about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Whats this the 10th or 11th El Classico in the last 18 months or so? Its going the way of the old firm and the game is being devalued by how often it played. Its getting a bit boring now

Cant see anything but a easy Barca win, hopefully there is none of the rubbish that’s spoiled the last few for me

[Edna Krabbapple laugh] Ha! [/Edna Krabbapple laugh]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

ceegee wrote: »
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/41579/sergio-ramos?cc=5739

Over 100 yellows between club and country, 13 sendings off.

Some collection for a player in his mid 20s

edit: 22 yellows in 49 games in 06/07 must be worst by any player - booked in 45% of matches

They were saying that's his 14th tonight, he just broke Hierro's record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Wtf are you talking about? Where have I done so?

You haven't.

My post sounded different in my head, sorry man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sergio Ramos sent off in the final minutes when Madrid are behind?

Omg_cat.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

nummnutts wrote: »
    Messi is probably still rolling.

Stupid tackle though.

You ever played a game of football?

U-12s; one of the first things we were told, if you fall when running at speed - roll, as it lessens the impact of hitting the ground. It's a pretty natural instinct anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

parc wrote: »

U-12s; one of the first things we were told, if you fall when running at speed - roll, as it lessens the impact of hitting the ground. It's a pretty natural instinct anyway

Does the risk of injury lessen with each 360 degree rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Very entertaining game and fair play to Madrid for a ballsy performance, although how neither Diarra or Pepe saw red over the two games is a mystery.

I really think that it's time for a rule to be introduced only allowing the captains to speak to the referee. After Diarra's foul on Messi, at least 3 Barca players and a couple of Madrid ones should have been booked, along with Diarra.

Maybe I'm desensitised to it, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoy every Clasico, despite the unsavoury stuff that takes place.

The semis should also be crackers, Barca - Valencia and Bilbao - Mirandes.

nummnutts wrote: »
    Does the risk of injury lessen with each 360 degree rotation?

He rolled twice in that video after being tripped running at (least) 3/4 to full pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

smokedeels wrote: »
    #thisisn'ttwitter

#IRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He rolled twice in that video after being tripped running at (least) 3/4 to full pace

Tony Hawk would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

This makes literally, zero sense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

vbWTS.gif

lol that video title.

Diarra really showed him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just seen the Granero booking near the end there.

Pique should be embarrassed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It hasn't take Cesc long to adopt the Barca philiosphy regarding contact. Pique must be teaching him

Pepe at it as well bar the rolling around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Looks like someone at the BBC messed up the match report! Probably just looked at the times of the goals & saw youtube highlights without concentrating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16735914.stm
    Real, who have won only one of the last 14 El Clasico encounters against Barca, dominated the first half but found themselves a goal down at the break - 3-1 on aggregate - after Lionel Messi danced through their defence to find Pedro.

And things got worse for the visitors at the start of the second half when Dani Alves's fierce drive into the top corner earned the hosts a three-goal cushion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

RasTa wrote: »
    It hasn't take Cesc long to adopt the Barca philiosphy regarding contact. Pique must be teaching him

They apparently only do it against Madrid so it's ok to do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

1mcampo1 wrote: »

Why ? Have you never seen parkour or anything similar ? I think he's referring to the transfer of the kinetic energy of the body whilst in motion.
    It's the same reason you would bend your knees when you land after jumping.

Back on topic, I'm sick of the theatrics the classico brings out in these players. There is barely anyone who isn't guilty of abbey acting. Probably Abidal is all I can think of, and to a lesser extent Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta. Why they only really do it in el Classico is beyoned me, surely it would be a better measure and a better win if they beat them completely with just football ( e.g. 2-6 , 5-0 ) and not this way.
    Busquets sickens me (and I'm a Barca fan :o )

For Madrid, Ozil was immense, should have been on the first leg. No theatrics at all from him or higuain and many other Madrid players.
    Unfortunately Pepe, Ronaldo, Ramos and Marcelo just drag their name through the dirt.

I'll be happy if the only other Classico we see this season is the Home game in the Camp Nou, I'm praying they don't get each other in the Champions League, not for fear of losing...but it's like watching a pantomime sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Looks like someone at the BBC messed up the match report! Probably just looked at the times of the goals & saw youtube highlights without concentrating.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16735914.stm

On Sky during the match when they showed the caption of who scored and the time scored, I did notice they had 48 mins down for Alves goal. A bit strange..

That reminds me. The ref had no problems giving Barca a bit of extra time over the initial time added on in the first half to take a free kick - and time for Alves to score but he blew it up after exactly 3 mins of added on time at the end when Real Madrid had a free kick despite lots of stoppages during that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RasTa wrote: »

Pepe at it as well bar the rolling around

Play acting seems to be a contagious disease in El Classicos :)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Why ? Have you never seen parkour or anything similar ? I think he's referring to the transfer of the kinetic energy of the body whilst in motion.
    It's the same reason you would bend your knees when you land after jumping.

Having participated in parkour in the past, you band your knees when you kand on your feet to minimise the stress on them (ie no sudden stop in the momentum of your centre of gravity). You would roll in the same instance, but when you are landing at too high a speed to stop your COG solely by bending your knees. Rolling has no benefit when you land on your side. Plus, Messi fell about 12 inches, which wouldn't even merit bending the knees. So it was entirely theatrics.

As for the rest of your post: Iniesta doesn't do the theatrics? Please.

1mcampo1 wrote: »

Well instead of having a dead impact with the ground, you roll so that you come to a gradual stop.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Having participated in parkour in the past, you band your knees when you kand on your feet to minimise the stress on them (ie no sudden stop in the momentum of your centre of gravity). You would roll in the same instance, but when you are landing at too high a speed to stop your COG solely by bending your knees. Rolling has no benefit when you land on your side. Plus, Messi fell about 12 inches, which wouldn't even merit bending the knees. So it was entirely theatrics.

As for the rest of your post: Iniesta doesn't do the theatrics? Please.

Can't believe I'm arguing this but;

It lessens the impact of the fall, of course it does have benefit. If you jump out of a slow moving car (15-20 mph) (landing on your side) would you want to land like a sack of spuds or would you want to roll into the fall, coming to a gradual stop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Well instead of having a dead impact with the ground, you roll so that you come to a gradual stop.
    What speed was he going?
    Can't believe I'm arguing this but;

It lessens the impact of the fall, of course it does have benefit. If you jump out of a slow moving car (15-20 mph) (landing on your side) would you want to land like a sack of spuds or would you want to roll into the fall, coming to a gradual stop?

You roll naturally, nothing to do with rolling or what you learned at u12's football

Would Pepe or Busquets roll if someone shot either of them ?
    This theory should be tried out ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mourinho-esperando-a-Teixeira-_54245352485_54115221152_960_640.jpg?t=1327579961112

Yes, that is the referee's parking spot.

Sad, sad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

99% of the time players rolling on the ground arent doing so to decelarate slowly, they're expressing "pain". Strangely, Ive rarely seen a genuinely injured player roll around like that, makes it easy to spot the fakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Mourinho-esperando-a-Teixeira-_54245352485_54115221152_960_640.jpg?t=1327579961112

Yes, that is the referee's parking spot.

Sad, sad man.

I don't get it all I can see is a picture of mourinho standing there what am I missing
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mourinho is pictured waiting at the referees car.

Big news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Arbitre means Referee in Catalan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder if Pepe is just off camera waiting to applaud them into the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I wouldn't blame the referee at all. Had Madrid taken there chances they could of controlled the game. Selecting Higuain instead of Benzema cost them.

Jesus.

He takes these things far too badly. The mad look on him in that photo, wtf lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The football equivalent of being bundled into the boot of a mid-90s reg Toyota Corolla, perhaps.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Would Pepe or Busquets roll if someone shot either of them ?

Busquets would roll around clutching his face if you sneezed in his vicinity.

Classico's can bring out the diver in players who usually don't, but Busquets is just as bad in every match he plays.

I think Pepe was going down ridiculously easy to make some sort of statement about how he felt victimised by Barca's thatrics in previous encounters. He's a rough and tumble guy who, in general, doesn't hit the deck all that often.

I think Pepe was going down ridiculously easy to make some sort of statement about how he felt victimised by Barca's thatrics in previous encounters. He's a rough and tumble guy who, in general, doesn't hit the deck all that often.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Mourinhos team came out in that 2nd half fired up. They could have completely collapsed and lost 5-0 again. Good management, just need to do it for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

One of the only players to have come out of those 2 legs with any credit (apart from the usual few) was Ronaldo. He may not have played well in either match, but he scored 1 very well taken goal and another lucky-ish goal. And he was also proabably the only attacker that didn't engage in all that play acting crap. My respect for him has actually gone way up after that tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

THFC wrote: »
    One of the only players to have come out of those 2 legs with any credit (apart from the usual few) was Ronaldo. He may not have played well in either match, but he scored 1 very well taken goal and another lucky-ish goal. And he was also proabably the only attacker that didn't engage in all that play acting crap. My respect for him has actually gone way up after that tie.

He took going behind so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Busquets would roll around clutching his face if you sneezed in his vicinity.

Classico's can bring out the diver in players who usually don't, but Busquets is just as bad in every match he plays.

Will he get the Busquets treatment now too ?

9NKfp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,233 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ceegee wrote: »
    99% of the time players rolling on the ground arent doing so to decelarate slowly, they're expressing "pain". Strangely, Ive rarely seen a genuinely injured player roll around like that, makes it easy to spot the fakers.

Uefa need to stamp out this cheating that is tarnishing the game,its gone on far too long and isnt tolerated in any other sport.
    Anyone found simulating or feigning injury should get an immediate 3 match ban .
    Anyone harassing a ref or seeking a booking for an opponent should receive a red card.
    Players wont be long getting the message .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ???

Is that reinforcing my point or you trying to undermine it? If most footballers had that attitude it would make for far more interesting games. Much rather see anyone complain about going behind than to complain about a tackle, refereeing decision, tactics, etc.

They'll all have something to whinge about for real when they come up against

honeymonster.jpg

in June !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Credit to Barcelona for finding a way to win the tie on a night when they really never got going. That is now just 1 win in 14 games for Real Madrid against Barcelona since Guardiola took over. An amazing stat. It will be interesting to see how Real Madrid do in their next few games as they really could not have played much better yesterday and yet they still get knocked out.

Pepe once again at it at the end as well going after the ref as if he cost them the game. He and his team mates should look a bit closer in the mirror first. If Higuain had not held him back I think he probably would have got himelf a red card after the final whistle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement