Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carparks should impose fines for poor parking

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Same as a private clamping firm.

In fairness you are on their land though

Well a campers won't release you untill you pay, it's easy to see that. What's tesco going to do other than clamp? Keep the barrier down untill your fish fingers thaw???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Same as a private clamping firm.

In fairness you are on their land though

Well a campers won't release you untill you pay, it's easy to see that. What's tesco going to do other than clamp? Keep the barrier down untill your fish fingers thaw???
    Send you a fine in the post which you can just ignore.

I got one from macdonalds in the uk which I immediately filled under p.f.o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

A MacFine?!

Whatever for?

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    A MacFine?!

Whatever for?

Parking for too long in the car park. In fairness I left the car in the car park and went shopping else where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Funny how they have the balls to implement a policy whereby they clamp people for parking their car in one shopping centre and then walking across to another shopping centre on the other side of the road.

I've seen signs to that effect several times, but I'd say I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a car clamped on shopping centre property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Private companies cannot fine anyone, they are not the courts or the police. And long may that continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

They don't need them when they can clamp. And that's, er, fine by me, in some cases anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Which of very questionable legality also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kn1

i always park beside an expensive or new car to try and stop those little door dents
    usually works !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Funnily enough I always park behind a car like this. Most of the time when I return some has also parked at the other end and blocked the car in

You will probably find you have a flat tyre when you return

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

DanWall wrote: »

You must live a very stressful life.
    I go to car park, park and leave again. During this I stay between the lines and only take up one space.
    Funnily enough that never caused me one single problem.
    I just cannot understand how some people turn the simple act of parking a car into a baffling ordeal with no end of trouble.
    Anyone who will INSIST on taking up several spaces and gets increasingly hysterical about the grief he gets because of that, can only be described as mentally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

db330 wrote: »
    Not everyone that needs a disabled spot has one of those blue slips. I had knee surgery recently and due to this needed a disabled spot for a few weeks but i don't have one of the blues slips because my condition is only temporary.

Also on the bad parkers and door dingers, i will purposely park extremely close to other cars parked poorly (drive 4x4 so have side steps so any attempted door dings will damage their door). I will get out my passenger door if necessary. It is selfish when parking is is demand, but like said above spaces are small and people don't want their cars to be damaged.

Don't see how that is relevant, the space is for people with a Disabled Badge who have been declared disabled.

It's not for people who do not have a disabled badge that have declared themselves temporarily disabled.

Hence even though you might see yourself as disabled and that genuinely might be the case, thats not what the space is for, its for badge holders.

Funnily enough I always park behind a car like this. Most of the time when I return some has also parked at the other end and blocked the car in

Why? If I've parked legally I see no problem with it.

What your suggesting is petty vandalism and illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭creedp

Don't see how that is relevant, the space is for people with a Disabled Badge who have been declared disabled.

It's not for people who do not have a disabled badge that have declared themselves temporarily disabled.

Hence even though you might see yourself as disabled and that genuinely might be the case, thats not what the space is for, its for badge holders.

Still though very frustrating to watch the 'blue badgers' flicking their badge on the dash before they they frollick off down the path ... in my personal experience there are many more blue badges than people that need blue badges ..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You haven't thought this through, have you?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

creedp wrote: »
    Still though very frustrating to watch the 'blue badgers' flicking their badge on the dash before they they frollick off down the path ... in my personal experience there are many more blue badges than people that need blue badges ..

What a load of old ****e in your personal experience you have determined that there are people getting disabled badges that dont need them..based on what criteria exactly are you making these assumptions other than your own selfish view of the world.

Last year my father had the misfortune to be diagnosed with a very agressive cancer that robbed him off all his strength and as such was given a disabled badge so that myself and the family could drive him to and from the hospital etc and he could be transported without any fuss. On one occassion when exiting the car to go collect him some busbody started looking at me and made the comment "does'nt look very disabled"..needless to say this person got it both barrells and came back with a grovelling apology.

So in short...people like you that make a statement like "'blue badgers' flicking their badge on the dash before they they frollick off down the path" dont have the first clue what your talking about and its depressing that people out there will pass judgment without knowing a god damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭granturismo

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Last year my father had the misfortune to be diagnosed with a very agressive cancer that robbed him off all his strength and as such was given a disabled badge so that myself and the family could drive him to and from the hospital etc and he could be transported without any fuss. On one occassion when exiting the car to go collect him some busbody started looking at me and made the comment "does'nt look very disabled"..needless to say this person got it both barrells and came back with a grovelling apology.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I also needed and got a blue badge but luckily have recovered and dont need it anymore.

My recollection from the guidelines issued with the card was that the badge was for the driver only. If the named person was a passenger, the driver was requested not to park in a disabled bay but drop off and pick up the disabled person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Sorry to hear about your dad. I also needed and got a blue badge but luckily have recovered and dont need it anymore.

My recollection from the guidelines issued with the card was that the badge was for the driver only. If the named person was a passenger, the driver was requested not to park in a disabled bay but drop off and pick up the disabled person?

Cheers its for cars that they are travelling in aswell as some may not be in a position to drive, it was deemed that dad driving was a safety issue.

from the http://www.citizensinformation.ie

Disabled Person's Parking Permits or Cards (also known as European Parking Cards or Disabled Parking Badge) are available to people living in Ireland with certain disabilities and those who are registered blind, whether they are drivers or passengers. The parking card can be used by a disabled person in any vehicle in which he or she is travelling. This means that a disabled person who is being driven at different times by different people can bring the parking card with himself or herself and display it in the appropriate vehicle.

Advertisement