Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fallout 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mad to hear some proper info! Will probably be a 'Coming Fall 2014' teaser ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Holy crap.

Amatuer radio enthusiats have recorded a pirate transmissions on 3450khz in the Boston area.

https://reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/1rjw98/the_survivor_2299_speculation_and_hype_megathread/cdoimmj

Some recordings of the actual real transmissions;

Air Raid siren and some cryptic dial tones.
    http://turbolego.com/%5BMegafileupload%5Ds920.wav

And some hard to decipher voices;
    http://audiour.com/playlist/5lgjzdok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Oh I just love marketing like this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I cant wait till a mod edits the 1st post and removes the (unconfirmed) part :D

Well it's as near as confirmed as makes no difference now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

That siren is actually quite dread inducing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, even though none of us ever suffered the horrors of nuclear war (and many here would have been born after the threat of it was at its highest), there's something oddly primal about that siren. I actually shuddered a little when it blared into my headphones, the feeling of dread instantaneous. I need to go have a long shower haha... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Has someone put the full recordings up yet?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There's an air-raid siren across the road from me house used by a fabrication yard to signal lunchtime and home time each day. Can be heard all over Dundalk. Grew up with it.

Never had the feeling of dread others get from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

There's an air-raid siren across the road from me house used by a fabrication yard to signal lunchtime and home time each day. Can be heard all over Dundalk. Grew up with it.

Never had the feeling of dread others get from it.

Ha! Plus one to that. You must live very near me :D

• Advertisement

Ha! Plus one to that. You must live very near me :D

Well mine is the nearest house to it so it's not hard to work out where I live.

Needless to say I've never slept past 1pm in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Well mine is the nearest house to it so it's not hard to work out where I live.

Needless to say I've never slept past 1pm in my life.

Actually, I'm wrong, I thought the siren was coming from somewhere else entirely (now that I've looked it up). Presumed as a child and never realised the mistake!

Still though, that's testament to how bloody loud the thing is.

Actually, I'm wrong, I thought the siren was coming from somewhere else entirely (now that I've looked it up). Presumed as a child and never realised the mistake!

Still though, that's testament to how bloody loud the thing is.

Yep can hear it throughout town and as far out as Kilkerley at least on a good day (where I live now).

Anyways. This is slightly OT.

Go Fallout 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

So fallout 4 is set in Dundalk?!! :P

Dundalk would actually look better too.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Dundalk would actually look better too.

After a nuke?

After a nuke?

After lots of nukes.

Dundalk can never have enough nukes imo

Why don't we get back to Boston and Fallout 4 before this gets territorial.

lol

Air Raid Siren implies that the time and location was under attack right there and then, whereas Fallout is set after the nuke war.

So was the location not affected as much as other locales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah now im just picturing family guy in the apocalypse episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah now im just picturing family guy in the apocalypse episode.

well at least the twinky factory will still be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

If it's in Boston, I really hope there's a ghoul prostitute and at least one line involving "hardah, hardah!"

well at least the twinky factory will still be there

Harp??? last one i swear :pac::pac::pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Harp??? last one i swear :pac::pac::pac:

Hey Lawrence? A pint of 'arp and a packet of dates please :pac:

took a few minutes to remember that ad.. jeesus that's an old one :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou204dQbKwc

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1546867/fallout_4_bethesda_mit_link_hints_at_boston_location_rumour.html

Do you all remember this from summer 2012? About the dev team going on location to take pictures of MIT etc?

It doesn't seem to have been brought up since the morse code promos and it seems like further evidence its being set in Boston.

Obviously I will have to start a Bring it Back to Dundalk petition but thats for another day.

noodler wrote: »
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1546867/fallout_4_bethesda_mit_link_hints_at_boston_location_rumour.html

Do you all remember this from summer 2012? About the dev team going on location to take pictures of MIT etc?

Its in the 1st post :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its in the 1st post :D

Yah sure, but its quite a leap of faith to think people have reread the entire thread (from 2012) once this morse stuff became news.

Basically my point is that the Morse stuff seems to confirm Boston rather than just suggest it.

The two points together make a much stronger case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

15 minutes or so until the timer stops on Thesurvivor2299.com finishes. What will it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

simon360 wrote: »
    15 minutes or so until the timer stops on Thesurvivor2299.com finishes. What will it be?

Site is down now :(

working for me, slow though, the morse took ages to come through

and it looks like it was a massive troll :D just a blank black page..

Site's loading very slowly for me :/

it's clapped out completely now lol - must've been the electro-magnetic pulse

Still tells me it's unavailable. If this is a massive troll I may just cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its working for me:
    KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP.

NBJB SPI'F BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ.

-NGQHT 5120-

Nuclear winter has come

And then a countdown timer.

Heres a screenshot: 73o7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The code reads THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120-
    aparantly The new morse code means Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, SOS. Vault 119 Quabbin 7667, repeat, SOS, Vault 119 Quabbin 7667 enemy unknown”

Really hope not a wind up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    The code reads THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120-
    aparantly The new morse code means Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, SOS. Vault 119 Quabbin 7667, repeat, SOS, Vault 119 Quabbin 7667 enemy unknown”

Really hope not a wind up

How do you figure out the code >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Guise. Theres no morse now ? :o

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Guise. Theres no morse now ? :o

Are your speakers turned off? :pac: (working for me)

Are your speakers turned off? :pac: (working for me)

No, speakers on and Morse nonexistent :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Was playing some FNV today and thinking about Fallout 4. Fallout 3 and FNV were by far my favourite games from the current(or last now I suppose) generation of consoles and I'm a pretty big gamer. Just hope whatever Bethesda is doing with F4 doesn't differ from the gameplay and mechanics seen in 3 and NV it's already perfect in my eyes just needs a graphical uplift and to be able to run smoother

I've only ever played NV on 360, but I have it on the laptop as I got it in a Steam sale. I know it's heresy, but can I use the controller? I want to play it and all the DLC and maybe throw in a few mods if I can figure out how!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

I've only ever played NV on 360, but I have it on the laptop as I got it in a Steam sale. I know it's heresy, but can I use the controller? I want to play it and all the DLC and maybe throw in a few mods if I can figure out how!

As far I as I know you can't? Unless it's a wired one then you can yes

hands211 wrote: »
    As far I as I know you can't? Unless it's a wired one then you can yes

You can use the wireless one but need a USB wireless adapter for it if using a 360 pad.

Thanks lads, yeah it's the wired one so no issues there. Can I assign functions to the buttons? Sorry for the noob questions!

Thanks lads, yeah it's the wired one so no issues there. Can I assign functions to the buttons? Sorry for the noob questions!

Most games contain mapping or various configurations in the options menu just like the 360. Fallout should be the same but I wouldn't know off-hand.

It's the business - Plenty of cheap games that look better that are normally shíte with Mouse+KB at your finger-tips. While this isn't the case with Fallout I played NV on the 360 and had no issues. But when it came to Arkham Origins, Tomb Raider and Mark of the Ninja (to name a few I played lately) it was great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi guys i have both Fallout 3 and New vegas only played a bit of both, ran into crash issues with Fallout and got fed up of it, then bought NV on steam sale last year.
    Im thinking of giving both a playthrough , should i play F3 before NV or does it matter?

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi guys i have both Fallout 3 and New vegas only played a bit of both, ran into crash issues with Fallout and got fed up of it, then bought NV on steam sale last year.
    Im thinking of giving both a playthrough , should i play F3 before NV or does it matter?

Story wise they are unrelated. But NV did improve on a lot of things offered by F3 (naturally) so you might find F3 a bit clunky and backward in some aspects if you play them the opposite way around.

Either way though, playing them back to back will be a serious commitent of time. I would break them up with a couple of quick games so you don't get overdosed on nucelar winter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement