Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway's finest

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I wouldn't like to see a six year old trying parkour either just because he/she had seen a 20yo doing it earlier while passing a couple of buildings.

Calm down.

It's ok. Six year old kids won't free run like a twenty year old. They can't. They will do their version of it... There may be a few bruises. But it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

empacher wrote: »
    well technically they are obstructing a public walk way.

It's a canal. Unless you're Jesus I think its a bit of a leap of faith to be labelling it as some kind of right of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What if a couple of kids saw them and tried the same thing on one of the other canals?
    Guards were right.

They might have had a laugh. An important part of being a kid.
    They might have had some serious core-testing exercise. As not provided for by playstations.
    They might have fallen in and swum to the bank. Believe it or not, generations of kids up our way have made it a regular summer pastime. Divin' in de 'naller.

When dafuq did kids get so fragile?!? A dip in cold water won't hurt them. We used to chuck each other in for the laugh...

What if a couple of kids saw them and tried the same thing on one of the other canals?
    Guards were right.

Should we go mob handed and shut down the Eye cinema then? They're showing a slick Hollywood production about just this thing, (but a bit higher) and my god, it's a PG. :eek:

Honestly, if my kids were walking a tightrope across a canal I'd be happy. It's better than sitting in front of a PC all day watching bloody Minecraft videos.

What the hell is the world coming to. Kids are SUPPOSED to do stuff like this!

Edit. Beat to it by endacl. Well said sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

FortySeven wrote: »
    It's a canal. Unless you're Jesus I think its a bit of a leap of faith to be labelling it as some kind of right of way.

The part where the strap goes from the tree acroos, that part is a walkway!

The part where the strap goes from the tree acroos, that part is a walkway!

No it isn't. It is the retaining wall of the canal.

theres about 4 feet between the tree and the start of the canal? is that not part of a public walkway?

theres about 4 feet between the tree and the start of the canal? is that not part of a public walkway?

I suppose you could walk there if you wanted to risk tripping into the canal, much better to walk on the designated path a few feet behind the garda though. (Just out of shot I believe?)

Yeah easier to walk that way. you questioned it perviously, so i was jut confirming.

Anyways this is really just arguing over nothing, techincally they are probably breaking the law. But without casusing anyone harm.

kind of like finishing drinking a can on the way to the pub.

I'd love to send this to fidelma healy eames and see how she over reacts, after her fraping video went viral I've being waiting for her next big thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

FortySeven wrote: »
    I suppose you could walk there if you wanted to risk tripping into the canal, much better to walk on the designated path a few feet behind the garda though. (Just out of shot I believe?)

If I saw an adult walking that close to the canal I'd report it to the Gardai immediately ... a kid could copy them and fall into the canal and get hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

The guy with the tattoos looks so sad about having to take down his rope :(

Advertisement