Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callely Resigns from Party

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

diddledum wrote: »
    A bit of good news to cheer us all up

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0824/callelyi.html

Long time coming in my opinion.
    As pointed out already:

HE HAS NOT RESIGNED FROM THE SENATE.
    Just from Fianna Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Yeah he's an unelected member but in the grand scheme of things it's better that people can't be removed from the houses of the Oireachtas on the whim of one man or one party don't you think? If it could be done it could well end up the other way, where one person tries to speak out against the abuse of expenses and they end up getting kicked out by the rest*

*I realise how unlikely that is in this country but you get the point :P

Yep, I get your point, but given that his own/ex party have already made a judgement against him and there is an investigation ongoing in the Seanad, it's not simply the whim of one man and you can hardly equate Callely with a virtuous/whistle blower type.

Stop trying to make think rationally about this, I'm set for marching now.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

It makes no difference him leaving Fianna Fail, as he will not be elected again and he keeps his job as a Senator until the next election.

Biggins wrote: »
    As pointed out already:

HE HAS NOT RESIGNED FROM THE SENATE.
    Just from Fianna Fail.

Yup, I know, I totally jumped the gun, hopefully not by much though.

Note to mods: Thread title needs to be changed or clarified.
    Yup, I know, I totally jumped the gun, hopefully not by much though.
    No worries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Biggins wrote: »
    Thread title needs to be changed or clarified.

yes it does!! i got a bit excited there for a second.

Anyway just shoot the pr!ck

Callely, not the OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Stop trying to make think rationally about this, I'm set for marching now.:p

Yeah fcuk it let's go. I'll bring the flaming pitch forks. *rabble rabble rabble* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Wonder did he avail of the bike to work scheme:rolleyes: Perfect for the journey up from his main residence in Cork to the Seanad. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,073 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The title is misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

wilson10 wrote: »
    A true Fianna Failer just the same.

Arrogant to the bitter end.

ya it really gets my goat when they go on rte saying they've done nothing wrong

I'm forever screaming at the telly "SEE YA LATER WILLIE" or whoever is showing their lack of respect to us the people

couple of days later they're gone

bahahahahahaha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

He will sit on the naughty step for a while and will be back, am sure of it:rolleyes:

He will sit on the naughty step for a while and will be back, am sure of it:rolleyes:

I hope you are wrong, I also think that people are much more politically astute then they have been in the past, we've had a few short sharp shocks that may just have led us to change our way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Arrogant to the last and until I see one of these gangsters (callely. seanie, fingers, bertie) before a court I will not be voting for FF . And we still want our €80,000 back!

KeithM89 wrote: »
    He'll probably claim expenses on the journey home and stationary...

He can't claim for both, a journey and for being stationary, well not twice and get away with it again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Hold on - how is misrepresentation , forgery , lying , and thievery "conduct unbecoming of a member of Fianna Fail " ???

Now I am very confused ;)

Ivor is confused - he is more confused than I am - he served FF for 25 years . In his mind he was just running with the pack .

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭nicegirl

Good riddens to the gimp :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't think he can be removed other than at the next election. That's the way it should be tbh, despite our desire to get rid of this guy

Why is "that they way it should be" ?

Given that most of what he apparently did is fraud, there is no way he should be representing anybody.

Title changed. Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

we had him in the class for an interview, the man wears his socks inside out, and i swear he sweat buckets when we threw the word house into our questions. 'so mr.callely, what are your views on the decline of the property market? it be a waste to spend so much money on a house, the banks aren't giving out mortgages, so where would they get the money?' oddly enough, my question wasn't answered :rolleyes:

Advertisement