Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callely Resigns from Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,248 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That looks like he's just left Fianna Fáil - not the Seanad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

He'll probably claim expenses on the journey home and stationary...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

so he won't be defending himself in front of the seanad andwon't get a gardaí investigation (more than likely)another one runs to the finish and grabs gold it seems

Edit:has he left the seanad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

He's resigned from Fianna Fail. That means f*ck all to be honest - he's still a senator, is still in reciept of a salary, will still get all his other benefits & worst of all - he can still claim expenses.

Nothing much has changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

eoin wrote: »

Indeed. He has not resigned from public office.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ok, so he has resigned but thats not enough and it shouldnt die down from now on. he has to be prosecuted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Yeah, he is still a Senator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Perhaps, maybe I got a little over excited, I sincerely hope that means the end of him politically, it would take some brass neck for him to try and retain his Seanad seat, especially given that he was put there by Fianna Fail, but if anyone has a brass neck, it's quite possibly this man!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

A true Fianna Failer just the same.

Arrogant to the bitter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Coming soon: The Long Goodbye - The Sequel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I hope he gets disgruntled, climbs the bell tower with a rifle and a box of hollowpoints.Im not sure how many hollow point bullets he needs though..

How many TD's are there in the green Party?

diddledum wrote: »
    Perhaps, maybe I got a little over excited, I sincerely hope that means the end of him politically, it would take some brass neck for him to try and retain his Seanad seat, especially given that he was put there by Fianna Fail, but if anyone has a brass neck, it's quite possibly this man!

As this thread goes on, it is you we'll blame, not him.

Don't take it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

". . . conduct unbecoming a Fianna Fail member" i.e. he got caught.

As this thread goes on, it is you we'll blame, not him.

Don't take it personally.

Doh!, I know, ha ha, probably well deserved, and I'm usually so good at reading things through. I think I just seen what I wanted to see :(

Doh!, I know, ha ha, probably well deserved, and I'm usually so good at reading things through. I think I just seen what I wanted to see :(

"We" will be in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Does he get a payoff/pension ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

iMax wrote: »
    Does he get a payoff/pension ?

bothx2 for being such a badass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

In a better run country, he would have been arrested and charged a long time ago, not this sympathy seeking resigning crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

snyper wrote: »
    I hope he gets disgruntled, climbs the bell tower with a rifle and a box of hollowpoints.Im not sure how many hollow point bullets he needs though..

How many TD's are there in the green Party?

All Greens deserve a double tap at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

So, the only difference is that he's not Fianna Fail's problem anymore?

I am absolutely sure this has nothing to do with them covering their ass at all.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, who has the power to sack this man? I've heard it said that the Taoiseach doesn't, so how can he be removed from office if he doesn't go voluntarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Rubik. wrote: »
    Yeah, he is still a Senator.

And he is still an arrogant thieving Fukcwit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

thieving country robbin yellow belly leeches!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Out of interest, who has the power to sack this man? I've heard it said that the Taoiseach doesn't, so how can he be removed from office if he doesn't go voluntarily?

I don't think he can be removed other than at the next election. That's the way it should be tbh, despite our desire to get rid of this guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Hurray - a good fcuking start!

Now we will see will he be allowed go quietly by his mates or will there be an attempt to reclaim any expenses (yes, I know - hell will freeze over quicker!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭paddyland

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I don't think he can be removed other than at the next election. That's the way it should be tbh, despite our desire to get rid of this guy

But he is an unelected member, I think that as such he should be ejected by the person who put him in this position.

I could almost be inspired out of inaction to protest against this facker retaining his seat, might well see if I can recruit a mob!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Lets take a moment to remember the other dirty, rotten, coniving ba$tard who put him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

But he is an unelected member, I think that as such he should be ejected by the person who put him in this position.

I could almost be inspired out of inaction to protest against this facker retaining his seat, might well see if I can recruit a mob!

Yeah he's an unelected member but in the grand scheme of things it's better that people can't be removed from the houses of the Oireachtas on the whim of one man or one party don't you think? If it could be done it could well end up the other way, where one person tries to speak out against the abuse of expenses and they end up getting kicked out by the rest*

*I realise how unlikely that is in this country but you get the point :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

this man will never face a court in this country,they really are a disgrace.
    they honestly think they are doing no wrong.
    as for the judisiary standing back and watching from a distance they are almost as bad.the gardai,c.a.b. and the fraud squad should have arrested and questioned him already.
    this country is a laughing stock when it comes to corrupt politicians,yet they now want to fine us for going for a pint of milk to the shops in our work vans.

Advertisement