Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Tea

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭edwinkane

Emmanu wrote: »
    HI,
    let me tell you guys that Stassen Pure Jasmine Green Tea is the best brand of green tea used in USA....
    I hope you guys would also like this brand after using it....
    Thanks

I've done a search for "Stassen Pure Jasmine Green Tea" and it looks like the old bleached paper tea bags, held together with glue, containing dust quality tea. Somehow, i doubt if its the best quality green tea available in the USA and am sure whole leaf is available, and broken leaf also, which are a few notches up the quality scale....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

edwinkane wrote: »
    THere are four quality of teas, as explained above. There is no difference buying a whole leaf tea in a supermarket or a tea shop, if they are both whole leaf teas.

If you want to believe it is "better" by paying 5 or 6 times the price in a fancy tea shop, then believe it is "better". As someone who has been involved in tea for many years, I know the difference between whole leaf tea in a supermarket and whole leaf tea in a tea shop is a difference of perception, as the quality of whole leaf tea is the same. Whole leaf is whole leaf no matter where it is bought, and the tea shop is no ab le to make it any "better".
    of course it can be better as the flippin tea is NOT coming from the same source - thats like saying whole leaf Japanese tea is all the same.

Not if they are coming from a different source they are not.

If its the exact same source then agreed

Transform wrote: »
    of course it can be better as the flippin tea is NOT coming from the same source - thats like saying whole leaf Japanese tea is all the same.

Not if they are coming from a different source they are not.

If its the exact same source then agreed

i'm not aware of what flippin tea is? I've worked in the tea business for some time, and have never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

edwinkane wrote: »
    i'm not aware of what flippin tea is? I've worked in the tea business for some time, and have never heard of it.
    sorry man but what i meant to say is -

how can the tea be the same if its not coming from the exact same supplier and source?

Transform wrote: »
    sorry man but what i meant to say is -

how can the tea be the same if its not coming from the exact same supplier and source?

I was talking about the same quality tea, as opposed to the same tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Decided to try out Green Tea and got Twinnings in tesco i find it quite nice but it is expensive €1.50 for 20 tea bags, can anybody reccomend any other i know you probably only get what you pay for. What way do people drink it. Do you have it with a meal, before a meal or after a meal. Is it advised to drink a certain amount of cups a day. Also dont want to start a new thread but i was told Burgen Soya and Linseed bread is meant to be good for burning calories dont understand how but im no expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

€7 for 20 bags of Green Tea with Vanilla (I drink most of my tea) from Le Palais des Thés :eek:

How good are we talking about? Will this tea be amazing if I buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

€7 for 20 bags of Green Tea with Vanilla (I drink most of my tea) from Le Palais des Thés :eek:

How good are we talking about? Will this tea be amazing if I buy it?

Buy it loose leaf, will be much cheaper.

I drink Grand Jasmin Chung Feng, I couldn't switch back, such a remarkable difference. In terms of price, €9.95/100g. For the sheer pleasure I got from it, it's definitely worth it. It's a very smooth tea, with most of the flowers removed, so you will find that you won't get that bitter after-taste often associated with lower grade teas.

Advertisement