Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I STS this week, at my WI. I had put in a good week, had weighed myself on my usual weigh in day last week, because I wasn't at class, and I was up 1.5 lbs.
    My scales is generally accurate, so I'm happy, I did lose, even if it was unofficial :D
    I think the leader was a bit puzzled that I was so pleased with STS.

Well done everyone. Best of luck for later grannycaz

Only lost half a pound this week and I had thought I had done well - so frustrating!! :(

That may well show next week, corkgirl. I've been that soldier, confidently expecting to see a bigger weight loss, and not seeing it that particular week, but seeing it the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Thanks LynnGrace! Was down 1.5lbs so happy that I've got the ball rolling in the right direction again. Like you are saying, hoping this will build for next week and aiming for a 2lb loss so here's hoping!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

The email notification couldn't have come at a better time! I was just about to go get a fry for breakfast!

FOCUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

To the shop I go! Just tried a different scales which is telling me I'm 6 pounds lighter than I was this morning despite now wearing clothes and shoes and having had lunch... Might just buy a new scales to be safe. It was stored standing upright for a while so not sure if that could affect it?

Was just chatting to a girl who said she doesn't go to meetings any more because the leader doesn't allow her to leave after weigh in. She had a GP appointment so couldn't stay and the woman told her that the doctor could wait and wouldn't allow her to leave??? This girl is quite shy so she just sat there, too embarrassed to say anything. I'd like to see the leader that would stop me leaving if I wanted to!!

SillyBeans wrote: »
    To the shop I go! Just tried a different scales which is telling me I'm 6 pounds lighter than I was this morning despite now wearing clothes and shoes and having had lunch... Might just buy a new scales to be safe. It was stored standing upright for a while so not sure if that could affect it?

Was just chatting to a girl who said she doesn't go to meetings any more because the leader doesn't allow her to leave after weigh in. She had a GP appointment so couldn't stay and the woman told her that the doctor could wait and wouldn't allow her to leave??? This girl is quite shy so she just sat there, too embarrassed to say anything. I'd like to see the leader that would stop me leaving if I wanted to!!

I'd have just walked out. What can she do about it? ! Worth reporting the leader too..

I ended up weighing in the evening on Wednesday because I just couldn't figure out what my scales were saying! At the meeting I was up 2.5 but I usually weigh first thing so really I think it's a gain of just a half.

I'd just leave, in that scenario. I always stay for the meeting but if I had something like that on, I'd just walk out. I see loads of people who leave straight after WI, at any meeting I attend.

Speaking of leaders, I've temporarily moved from the meeting I used to always attend. The one I attend at the moment, the leader takes a little bit of time for everyone, whereas I had started to notice that my usual leader gave some people loads of time, I'm talking anything up to 10 minutes, and some of us were just about given our WI, and practically rushed off the scales.

I wasn't the only one who noticed it. Others commented on it too. We all pay the same fee, and if someone needs a lot of extra time, I think the best thing to do is ask them to wait at the end of class for a chat. I think I will stick with the new meeting for the moment. Everyone needs a bit of encouragement, IMO, whether you are brand new, or a returned gold member, like me.

granniecaz wrote: »
    Thanks LynnGrace! Was down 1.5lbs so happy that I've got the ball rolling in the right direction again. Like you are saying, hoping this will build for next week and aiming for a 2lb loss so here's hoping!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone :)

Well done missus!
    Have a lovely weekend.

My favourite leader just quit! :(

• Advertisement

Down 2.5! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

keesa wrote: »
    Down 2.5! :)

Well done! I am after falling off the wagon and its gone miles ahead of me. Ill have to take a leaf out of your book and start working at it again.

Tbh I'm not sure how I did it. I stuck to the points but that usually only gives me 1 or 1.5. If I can pull it off this week again I'll be at goal! !

What happened is determination and well done for having it! I was within goal last year but now I am a stone over. I know I will get there in the end but my mojo seems to be on a break at the moment. Anyway I will keep trying.

You will get there. I got there a year and a half ago. It's amazing. But it took me 6 months to lose the last 3 pounds!

I have this cheap pennys lipstick and I've used it to draw stars on the side of my mirror 1 per pound to goal. Really helps me focus. And now I get to wipe some of them off :)

I went back to a meeting last night. Doing it on my own just is not working. I need the look of judgement. I'm all filled up now. Had my dinner and chocolate for dessert and still have 9 points left over. I'm trying not to use them just for the sake of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Weight in yesterday after two weeks holidays where I treated myself ALOT, delighted to have stayed the same, back on track now a stone to go before end of October!

Well done all on the amazing results :) I had a good week but my scales at home weren't telling me as good a story as I expected! Will see now tonight at the meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done on all the great results guys :)

STS yesterday for me. Still 13.5lbs to go. I'll get there eventually.

I went back to a meeting last night. Doing it on my own just is not working. I need the look of judgement. I'm all filled up now. Had my dinner and chocolate for dessert and still have 9 points left over. I'm trying not to use them just for the sake of it!

I am going back this evening so good luck to both of us for the week ahead.

Well done all on the amazing results :) I had a good week but my scales at home weren't telling me as good a story as I expected! Will see now tonight at the meeting.

Even if the loss is not as good as you are expecting just keep going because you will see great results next week. Good luck with the weigh in.

• Advertisement

Well done on all the great results guys :)

STS yesterday for me. Still 13.5lbs to go. I'll get there eventually.

You will get there eventually and so will I. I think I need to give my mojo a major kick in the backside. Good luck for the week ahead:)

Zanablue - good luck to you. I'm definitely more motivated this time. Don't want to waste more money on being a member and not using the plan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cinnabon

keesa, she was my favourite leader too!
    I was down 4 pounds this week. yay!!

cinnabon wrote: »
    keesa, she was my favourite leader too!
    I was down 4 pounds this week. yay!!

I'm not sure what class to go to now. I've been going to a class on Wednesdays which is on the way home from work but it's more about the food and less the mentality which I like, and it's later so I'm about 2 heavier than the morning class. . I don't know what the new leader is like. I know she subbed before but I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cinnabon

keesa, I switched to Mary O'Donoghue, she has a class in Whitefriar Carmelite Community Centre, Aungier street and find her great. Hope you'll find a good leader too!

Thanks. I think I'll give them both a go. See who suits me better!

Last time I was in my old class there was a man giving the class. He's excellent but his class times don't suit me :(

Was down 1lb last thursday but my motivation has crashed into a wall since then! Have an exam next week and then have holidays so if I can attempt to stay in or around what I am now, I'll be happy :) Hope everyone else has a great week!

Was down 1lb last thursday but my motivation has crashed into a wall since then! Have an exam next week and then have holidays so if I can attempt to stay in or around what I am now, I'll be happy :) Hope everyone else has a great week!

Congrats on being a pound down, good luck with the exam and enjoy the holiday:)

Hope everyone is doing well. Weigh in tomorrow morning for me. :o

Realistically I could be up next week because I'm going to Electric Picnic at the weekend. I'll do my best but I'm going to enjoy it too.

1.5 lbs down last night, very happy. Hopefully I can keep that going steadily now. I've been pro pointing lately, just to get myself back in the right direction.
    I'm still a fan of Filling and Healthy. I like that it's easy to make it part of your everyday life, in terms of food choices.

Also met someone at the meeting that I knew, of old, from WW meetings. It was lovely to see her again, and we had a good chat.

• Advertisement

Down 1lb this week. If I could stay the same after the coming weekend I'd be delighted but I'm not so sure.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dreejay

Hi everyone - I'm so glad to have found this thread. A bit of extra motivation outside of the weekly classes is ideal! I started WW again about a month ago and am getting back into the swing of things. I'm down 1.5 lbs this week which I am delighted with. Joining a new gym certainly helped!

Good luck this week!

Anyone know roughly how much a thai red curry with egg fried rice is in PPs? It was duck with pineapple. Whatever the points were...worth it!

dreejay wrote: »
    Hi everyone - I'm so glad to have found this thread. A bit of extra motivation outside of the weekly classes is ideal! I started WW again about a month ago and am getting back into the swing of things. I'm down 1.5 lbs this week which I am delighted with. Joining a new gym certainly helped!

Good luck this week!

Hi dreejay, Welcome to the thread, you will get plenty of support and motivation here. Good luck on your journey:)

Hey all, I went to my meeting today and I was half pound down. It was a busy week so I am happy enough with that.

Onwards and Downwards:)

So I've eaten allllll the things this week. Just had a half pound loss. The hell is going on body! Better not creep up on me next week :)

Hi all, I went to the meeting today and I was 3lbs down so I'm very happy:) I had a woohoo moment at the scales because that's a big loss for me. Anyway hopefully I can keep my mojo going for next week.

Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dreejay

Congratulations on the losses! I'm down 1.5 this week, which I'm delighted with.

I've given up the Diet Coke this week (very tough for me) so I'm guzzling water like a champion. Hope to keep the momentum going!

Up 3.5lbs after Electric Picnic. It was worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Up 3.5lbs after Electric Picnic. It was worth it!

There's no way not to be up after the picnic! I've taken the full week off since and eaten all the food, ALL THE FOOD, so we'll see how i get on next week :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭barneylou

Hi all, I started WW last Wednesday after going it alone for a few years during which time I tried slimming world but found that the leader gave very little information and what was discussed went over my head.. Also did Nupo for a while which I wouldn't recommend to anyone!! so I decided to go back to the only thing that ever worked for me and here I am. At present I'm 11s 3.5 ibs the heaviest I've been in a long time I would love to try and get to 10 stone for Christmas. So far I have been very good I plan my meals the night before and stick to what I have written down and its going ok. Did treat myself to 2 glasses of WW rose wine on Saturday evening (I'm more a red wine person but couldn't find it) the WW wine is expensive at €12.95 a bottle but it makes me savour it even more if I where to take into a bottle of red id have it gone in no time. I'm on 26 points which was a shock as I remember it been 29 the last time I done WW... I love the Thread its nice to know that everyone shares the same worriers about weight and I love to see how your all getting on..
    Good luck to everyone and here's to hoping that I have a pound or two off on Wednesday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Down 3.5lb this week, happy as it's the first week I've stuck to plan properly in ages. I'm thinking of changing my weigh in day from Monday to Thursday as I'd prefer to refresh my weekly points near the weekend rather than trying to save them for weekend! I do ww online - any suggestions on what to do with my weekly points between now and Wednesday? I have the full amount now as my WI has been Monday so I was thinking if I aimed to have eaten 3/7 of them by Weds evening it should balance out? As I'll have more new ones on Thursday! I'm probably overthinking this

barneylou wrote: »
    Hi all, I started WW last Wednesday after going it alone for a few years during which time I tried slimming world but found that the leader gave very little information and what was discussed went over my head.. Also did Nupo for a while which I wouldn't recommend to anyone!! so I decided to go back to the only thing that ever worked for me and here I am. At present I'm 11s 3.5 ibs the heaviest I've been in a long time I would love to try and get to 10 stone for Christmas. So far I have been very good I plan my meals the night before and stick to what I have written down and its going ok. Did treat myself to 2 glasses of WW rose wine on Saturday evening (I'm more a red wine person but couldn't find it) the WW wine is expensive at €12.95 a bottle but it makes me savour it even more if I where to take into a bottle of red id have it gone in no time. I'm on 26 points which was a shock as I remember it been 29 the last time I done WW... I love the Thread its nice to know that everyone shares the same worriers about weight and I love to see how your all getting on..
    Good luck to everyone and here's to hoping that I have a pound or two off on Wednesday!!!

Hi Barneylou, Welcome:) You will get lots of support and motivation from the posters on this thread, they are a great bunch. Good luck on your downward journey:).

Hi Zanablue,

Thank you I'm so glad to be back before this id spend my spare time annoying myself because of my weight it would sit there in my head niggling at me but now that I'm doing something about it whether I do well or not its one less thing to annoy me and the thread is great it proves one thing if you want something bad enough you can achieve it, there will be bumps in the road along the way but as every one says its a marathon not a sprint!!

barneylou wrote: »
    Hi Zanablue,

Thank you I'm so glad to be back before this id spend my spare time annoying myself because of my weight it would sit there in my head niggling at me but now that I'm doing something about it whether I do well or not its one less thing to annoy me and the thread is great it proves one thing if you want something bad enough you can achieve it, there will be bumps in the road along the way but as every one says its a marathon not a sprint!!

Just keep trying and break everything into smaller goals, even if it takes a long time. The bumps in the road are just life and sure you have to live. Think positive you will do this and hopefully we can all keep pushing each other:)

• Advertisement

Great advice Zanablue thank you...

Had my first weigh in last nite and I was down 4 Ibs very happy with that!! here's to another good week ahead... Good luck everyone :)

Well done ^^

I really really made an effort this week, -4.5 WOOHOO!!! Tried on some clothes that wouldn't do up last week, they will now (although snugly). Who knew such a small amount would make such a difference. Really given me a kick to keep going. Slim for Christmas so I can gain it all back :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Well done !!! I'm a gold member and hadn't been since june - I put 12.5 on over the summer !!! I feel rotten !! Yesterday I said draw the line now but it's my birthday and got sweets !!! Of course I ate them !!! I need to really focus so on here now to get ideas - support and hopefully give support too !!
    Well done on your losses !! Barneylou - we looked to Have been the same weight and looking same kind of loss - well done xx

Good on you Sillybeans 4 1/2 is brill, Im like you thinking about Christmas and all the nice clothes id like to get into. I like the idea of wearing the same clothes to weigh in each week and I could see a little difference in them yesterday from the week before not just as stuffed sausage as they were. good luck for the coming week:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement