Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy & Gluten Free Recipies

Options
  • 02-09-2015 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Had a food intolerance test done on Monday and have been advised that I have to go off both Dairy & Gluten. :(
    I have no doubt that its going to be a tough change in my diet and looking for advice on recipies or of useful tips that might help me make the change.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was this test done by a doctor, or by a bloke with a pack of pins in a van parked in a town centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Ashill5

Hi L1011,

It was done by a properly trained & qualified practitioner, as I presume like yourself I don't believe in using "a bloke with a pack of pins in a van parked in a town centre"!

She gave me a lot of advice but was just wondering of other peoples experiences and recipes that would help me make an easier transition to my change in diet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

So, not a doctor?

Most 'food intolerance tests' done in non medical environments are IgG tests and completely unreliable. You can be trained and qualified in things that don't actually work. If that is the case, I suggest you consult a medical doctor before making what will be massively disruptive changes to your diet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1774875/ may be worth taking a quick look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Hi Ashill5,

This thread is probably better suited in Nutrition & Diet, you are more likely to get tips on Dairy & Gluten free recipes. Would definitely recommend having a read through their stickies and a go of the search function because you'll find some great resources here.

MissF

Advertisement