Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peanut Butter

Options
  • 01-09-2015 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Im looking to use peanut butter for a few recipes that are high on protein.

Thing is though im on a budget and all the healthy peanut butters can be really expensive.

Are there any alternatives out there that are healthy but also priced well? Some that I've seen can be 7-10 euro for a small amount.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

deadybai wrote: »
    Im looking to use peanut butter for a few recipes that are high on protein.

Thing is though im on a budget and all the healthy peanut butters can be really expensive.

Are there any alternatives out there that are healthy but also priced well? Some that I've seen can be 7-10 euro for a small amount.

what do you mean by healthy peanut butters?
    all you should be looking for is one without sugar, and it shouldn't cost you anything near 7-10 euro. Kelkin do sugar free ones that are less than half the price for 350g, and are in Tesco, SuperValu etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

RGDATA! wrote: »
    what do you mean by healthy peanut butters?
    all you should be looking for is one without sugar, and it shouldn't cost you anything near 7-10 euro. Kelkin do sugar free ones that are less than half the price for 350g, and are in Tesco, SuperValu etc.

Are the cheaper ones identical but with added sugar? i thought they were lower in saturated fats higher in protein etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sun-Pat is good. I use it now and again. €1.49 in Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Andy_Dublin

Meridian Peanut Butter with no added sugar or salt.... Plenty of places sell the stuff, a quick google search will show a place near you that sells it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

7e for 1kg of mderidian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Handy: http://www.myprotein.com//sports-nutrition/peanut-butter/10530743.html?switchcurrency=EUR

Literally just smushed up peanuts, nothing else added. Also go to show how different commercial peanut butter is, the texture is very different.

Advertisement