Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navigating lactose intolerance?

Options
  • 30-08-2015 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

Im 17 and I had a decrease in lactase production about two years ago, now its nearly all gone:( lol
    The only dairy foods I can still eat are hard block cheeses and some yoghurts
    But sometimes any food with a tiny percentage of dairy in it sets me off, and not a direct dairy product itself like butter or cream or something
    Is there anything I can do to subdue the effects of having dairy? I try my best to avoid it but its not always possible:-/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Aren't there lactase supplements you can take with dairy? I know they exist, but I've no idea how well they work.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah they sell them in H&B though I'm lazy about taking them so I duno how well they work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah they sell them in H&B though I'm lazy about taking them so I duno how well they work

The holland & Barrett ones are no good. The solgar brand are excellent, they've never let me down since I discovered that they existed about 5 years ago.
    They're available in most health shops

Advertisement