Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough Rider (Paul Kimmage Doc)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Very enjoyable documentary. My admiration for him and what he is trying to do has increased. And it wasn't today or yesterday he started. I remember the LLS interview and the outcry it caused.

On a side and much less important note, the scenery of France was stunning. It made me want to go there asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

Gutted missed this, anyone any idea where I can watch it? Its not on the RTE player

Am I the only one a bit disappointed with this docu - maybe there was too much hype surrounding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Loved his reply to Armstrong: "You don't own the patent on cancer" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 willya

I missed the documentary, and looks like it's not going to be on the RTE player and there is a further hold up with the international release. Does anyone know any website that might have it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

willya wrote: »
    I missed the documentary, and looks like it's not going to be on the RTE player and there is a further hold up with the international release. Does anyone know any website that might have it.

Just wondering will it be repeated at some stage over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

lukin wrote: »
    Very good documentary. Kimmage comes across as very holier than thou

The opening words from his mouth in the documentary were about how he doped.

I don't think it will be repeated, the makers are looking to get a worldwide or cinematic release so the RTE spot was a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

willya wrote: »
    Does anyone know any website that might have it.
    I might do. ;)

You're gonna need to give me some help here DeepBlue... I downloaded a torrent for "Rough Rider" from the InterWeb earlier but when it finished downloading I discovered it was a different sort of ride altogether... :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

You're gonna need to give me some help here DeepBlue... I downloaded a torrent for "Rough Rider" from the InterWeb earlier but when it finished downloading I discovered it was a different sort of ride altogether... :eek::eek:

Lol...
    I'm sure you watched to the end just in case you missed the cycling documentary . ....

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    Lol...I'm sure you watched to the end just in case you missed the cycling documentary . ....

On watching of the first Rough Ride that I downloaded today, I was left asking the questions.. i) Why is Paul Kimmage dressed as a plumber ii) Why does he have a big cheesy smile on his face (I've never seen him smile before) and a large tool in his hand iii) I didnt know his wife Anne was látino? :eek:

When I downloaded the proper Rough Ride, I thought it was a fairly dour affair.. Paul Kimmage driving round France in a camper van like a manic depressive tourist complete with his own melancholic string section, beeping at all the French "bastards" in his way as he attempts to outrun that cloud that resides permanently over his head.. Then during the tour, hanging round backstage like Columbo, itching for Chris Froom to make a slip up so that he can pivot his neck, look cross-eyed in to the camera and say "eh Chris, just one more thing"...

I dont think he had any right to simply assume that Chris Froom was guilty without any evidence, aside from history of course, and I think Froom deserved far more "benefit of the doubt" ... I think the most enjoyable parts were where he was with his wife, who seems to be the only person who can get a smile out of him. I thought the best part of the documentary was where she was filming him on the ship only for her to discover that the camera wasnt working, and the inevitable "ah fer f**k sake, is it gonna take 50 takes" from Kimmage.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

The armstrong lie is a very good documentary for anyone interested in this malarky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

onlyme! wrote: »
    The armstrong lie is a very good documentary for anyone interested in this malarky!

Yep, anyone who enjoyed Rough Rider will definitely enjoy The Armstrong Lie. It's currently on Sky On Demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭straps

does anyone have a link to watch on line or download???

Advertisement