Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lolek Ltd, Trading as 'The Iona Institute'

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I'm all for helping those in need, but not if it results in the destruction of western Europe and our people. Look at how the Syrians approach the issue of LGBT rights. It's slightly different to what we're used to. Is this what you want to see in future Ireland?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3244736/ISIS-executes-nine-public-homosexual-including-boy-aged-15.html

Ever consider that those leaving such countries are doing so to escape such persecution or because they gravitate more towards Western values?

Plus I really doubt Irish people are going to suddenly go and think killing LGBT is the right way for society to go tbh.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Absolutely not. No one in future Ireland should have to read Daily Mail articles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I'm all for helping those in need, but not if it results in the destruction of western Europe and our people. Look at how the Syrians approach the issue of LGBT rights. It's slightly different to what we're used to. Is this what you want to see in future Ireland?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3244736/ISIS-executes-nine-public-homosexual-including-boy-aged-15.html

Arent you always telling us that things were better in the old days where homosexual acts were illegal and unwed mothers were sent away?

The destruction of western europe and its homofacist people sounds like it would be right up your street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Whats happening here is the ultra-liberals are compelled to invite in the foreign authoritarians, as a matter of principle.

The local authoritarians object because the foreign ones are different, and are effectively competitors.

In the unlikely event that the foreign authoritarians are converted to either of the above groups, then at least one side will end up being happy with the influx.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Arent you always telling us that things were better in the old days where homosexual acts were illegal and unwed mothers were sent away?

The destruction of western europe and its homofacist people sounds like it would be right up your street.

Sure them females can't be trusted to have a say in the running of a country, they're so illogical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Yay! The power came back....fair play to the folks out reconnecting us in that storm. Now, what did I miss?

You think our soon-to-be neighbours from the Caliphate will be more accepting of homosexuality than Catholic Ireland is? You will be begging David Quinn et al to come in and save the day.

Oh.

Ah Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa......Eheh heh heh. Oh, that's priceless. Heh. Best laugh I had all day, ta.

Shrap wrote: »
    Ah Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa......Eheh heh heh. Oh, that's priceless. Heh. Best laugh I had all day, ta.

Ah come on, we get David in charge of a caliphate and they are guaranteed to lose, he cant win anything political. It is a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Using the Daily Mail to back your point does the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fairly sure the Syrians don't exist on a diet of Irish people.

It must feel weird trying to complain about people who may hold views on homosexuality similar to your own for having those views. Could cause injury and confusion, that kind of thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Nodin wrote: »
    Fairly sure the Syrians don't exist on a diet of Irish people.

It must feel weird trying to complain about people who may hold views on homosexuality similar to your own for having those views. Could cause injury and confusion, that kind of thing.

I think the lifestyle is wrong, but I still respect them. I don't think our new arrivals will be quite so tolerant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I think the lifestyle is wrong, but I still respect them. I don't think our new arrivals will be quite so tolerant.

Yes because the first thing a refugee will do is commit a major crime which risks deportation back to the country they fled. :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

'The Syrians' are not ISIS, ISIS are not 'The Syrians'.

The people observing fastidiously the barbaric tenants of the Qur'An as the 'true' version are duty bound by said book to remain within the Caliphate (ISIS).

The refugees fleeing these people, are those that refuse to be bound by that barbarism.

If you have evidence of those fleeing (let's tone it down and simply say 'are clearly in disagreement with') ISIS committing any of the medieval 'punishments' for things that we as a nation are more than comfortable with, then that would be a good place to try to start a comparison. Until that is presented, it's straightforward to see that these two points
    1. that the refugees are in some disagreement with ISIS (and therefore ISIS rules cannot be inferred to be 'refugee' rules)
    2. that those bound by the rules of ISIS and the Caliphate must remain within the Caliphate.

affect negatively your contention that your ISIS article has anything to do with what anyone wants to see in Future Ireland. Or that by assisting the refugees that we would be in some way moving towards that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

..... lifestyle is wrong..... still respect ..... tolerant.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Not fooling anyone

At least we have come up with a positive thing about you and gay people. All the new arrivals need to do is not kill gay people and they can be as tolerant as you. Oh and they have to be against freedom of religion as well.

Could be worse, frosty isn't killing gay people, he tolerates their existence so that's something.

Frosty is better than ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

"Better than ISIS" could be quite the general election slogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Keepan Eye

Yes, unfortunately.

Good [...DELETED SOME VERY SILLY TEXT INDEED...]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Keepan Eye wrote: »
    Good [...]
    Keepan - the charter's here and your card's attached to the right hand end of that last post of yours.

Any more driveby unpleasantness and a holiday will be forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

lazygal wrote: »
    "Better than ISIS" could be quite the general election slogan.

It's perfect for Ireland

Yes, its that time of year when people try to get money of yez. Iona want cash for their utterly worthwhile agenda and talks by john Bruton (surely a crime against humanity) and Bishop Kevin Doran, archconservative muppet.

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/iona.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

http://cf.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/iona.jpg

'Our most recent paper was a detailed legal analysis by a distinguished barrister outlining the probable effects of redefinition of marriage on our family laws.'

Still doommongering away, then.

• Advertisement

"Important work"

Im not seeing anything remotely important in the list. Its a bunch of people who want to make money but can't make a profit themselves.

Still doommongering away, then.

Yep. Any day now, Gaymageddon.

Did they ever release the research they did into the affects of "redefining" marriage? I would imagine it was a bit short.

I'm sure small small donations are welcome too. Even if they end up costing Iona money.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes, its that time of year when people try to get money of yez.

Tis indeed.

They gave up putting the weekly begging envelope through our door, but we got a special Xmas one the other day and a little calendar thing with a picture of Frankie on it. We shouldn't have taken the vote yes to destruction of family life sticker off the porch door. 4 FSMs on the tree didn't deter them either. We've started getting Barely Alive! again recently too :eek:

'On-call media team' - boy have they got that. It's like they have a helicopter each hovering over RTE and Newstalk. DQ or Breeeda can descend by zip-line into your studio within ten seconds of getting the call!

'Make moar stupid videos watched by 400,000 people' - 390,000 of whom were laughing their hole off

Amazing really how low-ball the requests are, €50 here and €100 there, whatever happened to their rich benefactors? Or maybe all their money is gone on the helicopters...

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,022 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Has anyone looked into their accounts, ever?

Charitable status, mind.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd hazard a guess that the "suggested donation" amounts of €50/€100 are thanks to AOH members in the US. Of course, Tom Monaghan will be there to make up any shortfall. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

'Our most recent paper was a detailed legal analysis by a distinguished barrister outlining the probable effects of redefinition of marriage on our family laws.'

...which was thoroughly debunked by a group of about 300 other law professionals as being nonsense, so please donate so we can continue to fund more papers like that.

WE GOTS TO GETS PAID, YO!

• Advertisement

Our task is to keep this basic truth before society in the years to come.

This was also the main message of the newly installed Bishop of Waterford and Lismore, Alphonsus Cullinan, in his keynote address to the conference.

He told participants that they and the Church must “continue to advocate for society to recognise that the permanent, fruitful, faithful union of one man and one woman makes a unique contribution to the common good, and so deserves — once again — unique protection and support in law.”

He said: “This will, in the short term, create more room for social tolerance of this venerable view of marriage, and in the long term, make the day come sooner when, inevitably, this decision will come undone. I know that I as bishop must teach the whole truth about marriage and nothing but the truth.”

http://www.ionainstitute.com/index.php?id=4198

Fund them so they can continue whining about the referendum.:rolleyes:

Advertisement