Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car wax

Options
  • 07-12-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Just thought I'd see what kind of wax you guys are usin on your car weather it be shows or for daily driving
    I'm strongly lookin into startin a collection of swisvax products but havnt got such funds at the minute

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

AG HiDef. Never use anything else.
    Tried em'all at one time or another, and always go back to AG.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have changed over to Soft99 "Fusso"
    Simple to use and great results.
    and is said to last up to 12 months,
    I also use their "King of Gloss" on top just to add that little extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

AG HiDef. Never use anything else.
    Tried em'all at one time or another, and always go back to AG.

Ag hidef does a super job on your lights makes them look new
    I'm gonna try swisvax next for one of there signature waxes and see what they have to offer there stuff is ment to be out of this world

Ag hidef does a super job on your lights makes them look new
    I'm gonna try swisvax next for one of there signature waxes and see what they have to offer there stuff is ment to be out of this world

Just remember
    A wax no matter how good it is rated or how expensive it is will only be good if the preparation was spot on.

ie,
    If you just wash / dry & wax your car do not expect stunning results.

I wash my wheels first then wash the car and dry it .. They clay bar the car and then wash it again to remove and left over clay then I'd polish the car with Ag super resin polish twice then use the Ag extra gloss protector then wax it and from what I get is a super super shine then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Collinite 845 :D

I wash my wheels first then wash the car and dry it .. They clay bar the car and then wash it again to remove and left over clay then I'd polish the car with Ag super resin polish twice then use the Ag extra gloss protector then wax it and from what I get is a super super shine then

Great
    But the collinite wont give durability as it should once there is something under it.

vectra wrote: »
    Great
    But the collinite wont give durability as it should once there is something under it.

I done use collinite .. To be honest Iv never heard of it what is it
    Do you use anything after you wax your car or just leave it at that

I done use collinite .. To be honest Iv never heard of it what is it
    Do you use anything after you wax your car or just leave it at that

when you say wax.
    What exactly are you using?

AG hidef wax

• Advertisement

AG hidef wax

Sounds ok to me.
    How good is your paint?

My paint is pretty good only a bare start of laquer peel and minor scratches but I'll be gettin a full respray done when I get another job and wax oil under the car
    The car will be mint when I'm finished so gonna look into an extra special wax for the car with a fresh paint job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

extra special wax

What are you hoping to get from this "extra special wax"?
    Generally speaking, the extra special waxes that you are talking of, such as Swissvax, are designed purely for giving the best shine possible, but arent very durable...so not much use for a daily driver!
    You'd be better researching a few different waxes or sealant, that best suit your needs; colour of your car, how often you drive the car and in what conditions, is the product easy to apply and remove, and your budget! Dont get caught up the the marketing of certain products and what they promise.
    As Vectra has pointed out, the secret to a good looking car, is in the prep work. Ensuring the paintwork is fully decontaminated, polished to a swirl free finish and protected well with a good wax/sealant.
    The "extra special waxes" will only add about 5% more, and in reality, that is unnoticeable in most environments.

Out of curiosity, what products and methods do you use to wash your car...ensuring you have these right, post a re-spray is more critical than choosing a wax.

Ha I was only askin for what people use to wax there car weather it be auto glym , mcguires etc and I did do my research and come to like the look and sound of swisvax .. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis just for a show or meet of some sort
    I use proper cleaning method to clean my car 2 bucket system which I only found out about recently and use a mit not s sponge then clay bar and wash again dry again and polish to fill swirl marks maybe up to 3 times and gloss protector to hold the shine and protect the polish to make it last longer then wax the car
    I see swisvax with 70%. carnauba In it surely that would give a super shine with the prep I put into it . I know it might not last long but it'd be a good shine while it last more do than other waxes

You hardly use the clay bar every time you wash the car?

Your regular weekly wash should be with two buckets, pH neutral shampoo, wash mitt, microfiber drying towel and perhaps a quick detailer.

Applying a hand polish once is enough, there isnt any real extra returns for doing it 3 times. Also, applying a hand polish before applying any further products on top will limit the bonding of the wax. It would be best applied to a clayed surface. Rather than spending money on fancy waxes, it would be better spent on getting yourself a machine polisher, pads and polish, and doing a job on the paintwork. Then, with a wax for 20 or 30 quid will look better any product, not matter the carnauba content.

I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT WAX YOU ALL USE !!
    What's the big deal just gettin questioned what way I wash my car I know how to wash my car and no I clay the car 2 maybe 3 times a year
    Got no help from this just got 101 questions on **** I do instead of what wax people use and what they liked
    This thread has been no help to me what so ever

What's the big deal just gettin questioned what way I wash my car I know how to wash my car and no I clay the car 2 maybe 3 times a year
    Got no help from this just got 101 questions on **** I do instead of what wax people use and what they liked

LOL

OK
    Currently I use Soft99 Fusso
    I top that with Soft99 King of Gloss.

My car (s) look super with this combo.

Would your car look as good?
    I have no idea,
    I do know my car(s) are almost perfectly prepared and therefore shine up well with my LSP's of choice.

So if I little advice is not what you wanted then go and buy a tub of Crystal Rock, Wax your car and come back and tell us how good it turned out.
    I bet my sons 2006 E60 would look much better simply because it was was properly prepared.
    I thin coated it with 2 products which cost not much more than €50 for both.

As Curran said.
    Macine polishing is really the foundation of a stunning result.
    Not a wash Polish & wax.

vectra wrote: »
    LOL

OK
    Currently I use Soft99 Fusso
    I top that with Soft99 King of Gloss.

My car (s) look super with this combo.

Would your car look as good?
    I have no idea,
    I do know my car(s) are almost perfectly prepared and therefore shine up well with my LSP's of choice.

So if I little advice is not what you wanted then go and buy a tub of Crystal Rock, Wax your car and come back and tell us how good it turned out.
    I bet my sons 2006 E60 would look much better simply because it was was properly prepared.
    I thin coated it with 2 products which cost not much more than €50 for both.

As Curran said.
    Macine polishing is really the foundation of a stunning result.
    Not a wash Polish & wax.

What's with all the smart answeres have you not seen that I clean my car properly if you ask Cian Ryan do I clean my car properly he will tell you it has s super shine off it I know how to clean the car I'm just curious what wax you use as I think it good he hear if different waxed etc I'd say your son would struggle to have his car as clean as mine it's spotless
    You havnt seen my car so you can't judge how it looks mate
    So much hassle to just get people to say what wax they use I have already done my homework on how to clean my car as stated above !!
    I don't have money for a machine polisher this topic has gone way off what I originaly wanted to know

I'd say your son will struggle to get his car as clean as my own car it's spotless
    !

Yawn,,,!!!
    You asked :)

Lets see your car.

By the way,
    The guy my son bought this from was doing nothing only boasting how the only wax he ever used on it was Swissvax. " This is so special you have to apply it with bare hands" he said.
    I pretended I was amazed,
    He has since saw the car for himself and was speechless.

Do you get my drift??

DSC_1928.jpg

DSC_1933.jpg

DSC_1937.jpg

I can't upload pictures as im only new to this site but I will get pictures of it up
    He does have a clean car and what wax is it then .. This is why j set this up to see what wax people use instead of gettin questioned on what way I clean my car

• Advertisement

I can't upload pictures as im only new to this site but I will get pictures of it up
    He does have a clean car and what wax is it then .. This is why j set this up to see what wax people use instead of gettin questioned on what way I clean my car

You see this seems to be the problem in this thread.

You are asking which wax obviously you want to try others to get better shine.

What we are trying to advise you and also I have demonstrated to you. Not always dearer or other waxes are better.
    It is purely down to how good you prepare the paintwork.
    Thus, Save your money and buy a Dual action polisher.

We do not mean to seem downputting to any member asking questions.
    We are only trying to offer the best advice possible.

On another note.
    I could strip back the wax off my sons car to the bare paint and slap a coat of Collinite 845 on it at around €20 per bottle and to most it would look just as good as it does in the above pics.

Or I could get some Swissvax from the guy that sold himt he car and it would be hard to the normal guy to spot the difference,
    The shine is on the paint.
    The wax protects it,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

This in my experience is great stuff and produces a very nice shine
    598_1.png

I apply this afterwards but mer do a wax aswel if you wanted to stick to the same brand.
    simoniz-original-liquid-wax-hi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i use hd wax by auto glym

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chris Hunt

turtlewax is awesome for cars

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eoin dennehy

I use Klean freaks its good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1 14Nmarcel.TCL

autoglyn is excellent to shine

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr Detail

Personally absolutely love soft 99 at the minute.

Best bang for buck in my opinion. Durability there is fusso and for shine there is king of gloss or authentic premium. All punch far above their price range.

Clearly Im wasting my time in this thread, as you seem to struggle to take advice....but Ill try one last time.

Stick with what you use already if you get such a super shine, as you wont get much more by changing products...and that advice is coming from someone who would perhaps benefit from advising you otherwise.

In the interest of answering your orinigal question; I use many different waxes and sealants and choose which one i use as a given time for different reasons. What i use in Spring is different to what i use in Winter.
    Wolfs Hard Body, Chemical Guys Pete's 53, 50Cal Detailing Penta Wax, AG HD Wax, Collinite 845, are all ones Ive used recently and all look pretty much the same on paintwork that is prepared well.

Curran wrote: »
    Clearly Im wasting my time in this thread, as you seem to struggle to take advice....but Ill try one last time.

Stick with what you use already if you get such a super shine, as you wont get much more by changing products...and that advice is coming from someone who would perhaps benefit from advising you otherwise.

In the interest of answering your orinigal question; I use many different waxes and sealants and choose which one i use as a given time for different reasons. What i use in Spring is different to what i use in Winter.
    Wolfs Hard Body, Chemical Guys Pete's 53, 50Cal Detailing Penta Wax, AG HD Wax, Collinite 845, are all ones Ive used recently and all look pretty much the same on paintwork that is prepared well.

I don't struggle to take advise curran just get the feelin I'm gettin smart little remarks off you I'd be the first to put my hand up but the question Iv asked is what wax people use just just out of curiosity that's all as Iv done on other forums and Iv never had people askin about paint or prep work just say what wax they use and what they think .. That's all Iv asked I'm always up to learn more but I know how to clean my car take it from me u do know how to clean my car

I'm not doughtin your knowledge of cleaner the war and different waxes etc Its just your not answering my question like the way others have said I use this type wax and I'm happy with it give a great shine etc etc

• Advertisement

There is nothing smart about my comments on this thread. All Ive tried to do is advice you on how to get the best shine possible without buying expensives waxes such as Swissvax.

You said youve only recently started using the 2 bucket method and that you use Super Resin Polish 3 times. I just felt you could do with some advice...nothing smart intended.

Advertisement