Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Barrys Tea advert

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I just wish they'd stop trying to make running storylines with their ads for tea. I do not want to feel like I've grown up with the people in the ads or to see what my favourite adcharacters on Ad City or Advertisement Street are up to this week. I want to see gorillas playing drum solos and elephants hitting an annoying person in the face.

Still, the tea ads are way better than the Kenco ads.

Banana Republic guy: "Hello, you must be from Kenco"
    Wimmin: "Sexist bastard"

: oldrolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hudson 4 ever

No you're right she is saying Isis, she is refering to the Oxford University second eight who compete against Goldie, the Cambridge second eight, in a yearly competition on the same day as the Oxford Cambridge blue race. It is made up of those who missed out on the selection for the first crew, and this year they beat Goldie by three lenghts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Overheal wrote: »
    Its MATH. Not Maths.

ffs ppl.
    Clue - it's short for Mathematics it's plural.

Still can't understand how people in the US can't tell the difference between ONE and MANY :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,848 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

she looks like a vulcan off of star trek. no thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I don't know what she says nor do I care, but someone needs to slap her. Hard.
    Zzippy wrote:
    I don't care what she says, she's hawt!
    Hawt? lmao should have gone to specsavers I fear.

F*cking pretentious bullsh*t...it's tea you's are selling not bloody mascara....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

she looks like a vulcan off of star trek. no thanks

Actually she looks like a tranny Vulcan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Her eyes are a bit wonky. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Wertz wrote: »
    I don't know what she says nor do I care

You cared enough to bump this thread after 7 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Will the footballer and the managers daughter ever get together on the other ad? They have been on TV for years and I want closure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sabotage wrote: »
    Actually she looks like a tranny Vulcan.

Or even like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

jhegarty wrote: »
    You cared enough to bump this thread after 7 months

Oh noes! Did I post in an old thread?? I forgot the unwritten AH rule that you can't post in a thread that's more than 3 days old . I've reported my post and sent myself to prison for my sins...
    I was searching to see had anyone else posted on the ad in question (they usually end up in the adverts thread in TV forum), but I was heartened to find that it had a whole thread dedicated to itself in AH so I felt it was only right to stay on topic which was did anyone know what she said. I didn't and then added my own take on the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Who cares, it tastes greaaat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Who cares, it tastes greaaat

Its not a frosties ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Vitamin C

i dunno... does this matter at all? I mean come on its an ad.

I matters unbelievably! This ad drives me crazy...I'm glad someone brought this up. Every time it comes on it boils my blood, and the worst thing is once I see it, I can't stop quoting it.

She does say "is it?" but does so in a ridiculously annoying accent, she sounds like a fifty-year-old Foxrock Soccer Mom who sits at home drinking G&Ts all day.

"Eye jenow, isitsh?"

GRRRRAAAAGH!

[RANT OVER]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Her F,ucked up fringe really grates my cheese.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Yeah but, how does she think she scored like? She asks "is this a date?", the poor terrified guy doesn't know how to say no, so he says "I don't know - is it?", he is obviously SO not into her and she's acting like he's asked her to marry him.
    Plus, THE FRINGE!!!
    Most irritating ad ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHH!!
    Please!for the love of god i thought i wouldnt have to relive that horror!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I saw her at electric picnic this year and she still had that annoying fringe. I feel sorry for her,she must get some level of abuse for that ad.

Advertisement