Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Please Note Due To Recent Events Concerning Tring Cards In The UK, This Card Will No Longer Be Sold On This Site Until Further Notice AS Of: 24/03/11. No Sales, No Refreshes Of Cards Until The Law Is Clearer, We Would Not Advise Any Clients New Or Old To Purchase Tring Cards From Anywhere, Until The Situation Is Resolved

Yup interesting to see that alright!

Darkman was the main dealer in the UK too wasn't he?

Wonder was it a call from Tring in Albania or was in authorities...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Glenviewjf wrote: »

Since sky lost the case against that bar owner they are probably cracking down on cards outside the EU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Thats the story I heard about three hours after he was raided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Also the official sole importer of the VU DUO , wonder what happens once stocks run low

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Also the official sole importer of the VU DUO , wonder what happens once stocks run low

Didn't know that...

Plenty other stores have them in the UK so wouldn't worry too much about it!..

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I bought my Vu+ Duo from a different etailer, but the box itself had an Alsat sticker on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Please Note Due To Recent Events Concerning Tring Cards In The UK, This Card Will No Longer Be Sold On This Site Until Further Notice AS Of: 24/03/11. No Sales, No Refreshes Of Cards Until The Law Is Clearer, We Would Not Advise Any Clients New Or Old To Purchase Tring Cards From Anywhere, Until The Situation Is Resolved

The very same message is also up on the marconi digital site. As regards tring they still seem to have the 3PM matches. Here is a list that I saw of another forum of the matches that they are showing in April.a2rvcx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Still plenty to watch with softcam.

I wonder what shop this was related to :rolleyes:

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/brent&harrow/NEWS-pros.htm#satellite1000

• Advertisement

Damaged in the fire no doubt! ;):rolleyes: lol..

hmm interesting

I wonder has this been posted on alsat and what was the response ?

Probably deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

It was posted on his site, lasted less than 2 mins and the user got banned.

I would think if you took out the people that are only on that site for the gift there would be nobody left but mods.

It was posted on his site, lasted less than 2 mins and the user got banned.

I would think if you took out the people that are only on that site for the gift there would be nobody left but mods.

and then they will probably start banning themselves then :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Would I be right in thinking that by "illegal receiver" they're referring to Spider-box?

byte wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking that by "illegal receiver" they're referring to Spider-box?
    I'm assuming so, but for it to be illegal it would have to have the 'software' already on the box that can be used to view tv illegally. Otherwise, like most satellite receivers they are just provided with FTA software only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Can always fall back on the amazing spiderbox with "free gift" I wonder how the providers and the relevant authorities are looking on at the free gift....
    :)

Be interesting if there is any channels that will show the EPL now that the "Gift" is making a come back!...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

Hi i posted a thread on here yesterday and got a reply to this thread but don't understand what you guys are talking about as i'm not well up on this satellite stuff can somebody please reply to this thread and tell me where i can buy this satellite please. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056257023

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No English on Sky DE's EPL matches today. Either a technical problem or they've dropped it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭thomasking22008

only top 4 club showing live on sky de liverpool arsenal manchester united and chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Just been thinking about next Season (2011/2012), was wondering if I should stick with Cyfra+ & Al Jazeera, or would Tring be a better option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I will be sticking with Cyfra and Al Jazeera anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Doodee wrote: »
    Just been thinking about next Season (2011/2012), was wondering if I should stick with Cyfra+ & Al Jazeera, or would Tring be a better option?

Picture quality on tring is horrible imo anyway,id stick with what you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Zardoz

glic83 wrote: »
    Picture quality on tring is horrible imo anyway,id stick with what you have
    Tring are supposed to be getting some HD channels but when that will happen is anyones guess.

Its a bit early to be deciding on next seasons subs ,alot can happen over the summer.
    I'd hold off on any decisions until the start of August.

im not sure is this true but canal plus are suppose to be buying Tring

Headshot wrote: »
    im not sure is this true but canal plus are suppose to be buying Tring

Where'd you hear that rumour lad??

Where'd you hear that rumour lad??

alsat

wow - it seems canal plus are buying tring - before 2012 and the new hd channles will now not start until october - when they get their 2nd transponder!

Cheers :D

Wonder is it true though!

Might actually pump some money into them if they do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Cheers :D

Wonder is it true though!

Might actually pump some money into them if they do!

Might improve the pic quality at least

glic83 wrote: »
    Might improve the pic quality at least
    Eutelsat W3C is due for launch in July so that should solve alot of the problems on 16e .
    Its set to replace the 3 satellites currently up there W2M,Sesat and Eurobird 16A.
    This will mean alot more transponders and higher power,a 60-70cm dish should suffice for Ireland as opposed to the 1-1.2m currently needed for some of the weaker transponders on 16e.
    Hopefully W3C makes its position in orbit unlike W3B which went awol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Zardoz wrote: »
    Eutelsat W3C is due for launch in July so that should solve alot of the problems on 16e .
    Its set to replace the 3 satellites currently up there W2M,Sesat and Eurobird 16A.
    This will mean alot more transponders and higher power,a 60-70cm dish should suffice for Ireland as opposed to the 1-1.2m currently needed for some of the weaker transponders on 16e.
    Hopefully W3C makes its position in orbit unlike W3B which went awol :D

I just can't see this being the case. If anything I suspect the new bird will bring tighter beams over these countries. I guess that is why Tring got the EPL. The launch failed last year but I reckon they committed to broadcasting only within their territory when the new bird is up,. I do hope I am wrong though.

azzeretti wrote: »
    I just can't see this being the case. If anything I suspect the new bird will bring tighter beams over these countries. I guess that is why Tring got the EPL. The launch failed last year but I reckon they committed to broadcasting only within their territory when the new bird is up,. I do hope I am wrong though.
    You are wrong :D
    The proposed beams for the ill fated W3B,I think W3C will be the same
    http://www.satbeams.com/satellites?norad=37206
    Very strong beam covering central Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭radiofoot

Happy days!

Does this really mean that Tring will be available with a 60cm dish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

radiofoot wrote: »
    Happy days!

Does this really mean that Tring will be available with a 60cm dish?

I very much doubt that the Premier League and Sky will allow a broadcaster that broadcasts all the 3pms live on a Saturday to be receivable in the UK and Ireland with a 60cm dish. It will probably be a tight beam.

You are wrong :D
    The proposed beams for the ill fated W3B,I think W3C will be the same
    http://www.satbeams.com/satellites?norad=37206
    Very strong beam covering central Europe.

Hummmm...."Predicted" is a vital word on that page. I just can't the PL allowing 3pm games in the UK so easily. In fact, I know they won't!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Hummmm...."Predicted" is a vital word on that page. I just can't the PL allowing 3pm games in the UK so easily. In fact, I know they won't!!
    They have absolutely no say in where the beams from a satellite will go. If they aren't happy with where Tring can be picked up, then they just won't renew Tring's contract.

Johnmb wrote: »
    They have absolutely no say in where the beams from a satellite will go. If they aren't happy with where Tring can be picked up, then they just won't renew Tring's contract.
    Exactly .
    Sky and the FA may be powerful but to think that they would be allowed to dictate to Eutelsat is preposterous and laughable.

Johnmb wrote: »

I wasn't for a second trying to suggest that the PL have any rights over where a channel is broadcast. But I am certain they will just cancel the contract, as opposed to not renew it, if the channel is beamed into the UK with ease. It is not unprecedented and has happened before.

Like I said, I really hope I am wrong as I would take Tring in HD over the multi cards I have at the moment. I just can't see it happening!

Exactly .
    Sky and the FA may be powerful but to think that they would be allowed to dictate to Eutelsat is preposterous and laughable.

I agree. Although I don't see where anyone suggested that the Premier League (It's not the FA) or SKY (what would Sky have to do with - they just bid for PL rights????) would be allowed to do it??:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I agree. Although I don't see where anyone suggested that the Premier League (It's not the FA) or SKY (what would Sky have to do with - they just bid for PL rights????) would be allowed to do it??:confused::confused:
    BSkyB are the biggest paymasters of the Premier League ,they have massive influence and power .
    It is Sky exerting pressure to crack down on foreign tv right holders .
    BSKY have a cartel on commercial customers in the UK and Ireland and can basically charge what they like.
    Its in their best interest to maintain this situation which is threatened by the tv without frontiers directive and the upcoming Murphy European ruling.
    They most certainly tell the Premier League what to do .

BSkyB are the biggest paymasters of the Premier League ,they have massive influence and power .
    It is Sky exerting pressure to crack down on foreign tv right holders .
    BSKY have a cartel on commercial customers in the UK and Ireland and can basically charge what they like.
    Its in their best interest to maintain this situation which is threatened by the tv without frontiers directive and the upcoming Murphy European ruling.
    They most certainly tell the Premier League what to do .

That's marvelous.

Still, like I said. I don't see where anyone said that the PL would have a say on where the beams go?

The reason you outline above is the very reason why I think Tring will be forced to tight-beam their transmissions or risk loosing the rights.

Still, like I said. I don't see where anyone said that the PL would have a say on where the beams go?
    You said
    By mentioning "Predicted" you were directly referring to the footprint of the satellite
    The reason you outline above is the very reason why I think Tring will be forced to tight-beam their transmissions or risk loosing the rights.
    And how exactly will they tight beam the signal ?
    Will Eutelsat create a specific footprint just for Tring ? Have you any idea how expensive and difficult that is ?

Its in Eutelsats best interests to have as large a footprint as possible and the W3C satellite has huge footprints.
    The "Predicted" footprint will not be influenced by the FA.

As you rightly say the FA will more than likely withdraw Trings rights if its easily receivable in thew UK on a 60cm dish.
    Tring are paying buttons for the rights as Albania is one of the poorest countries in Europe .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

That's marvelous.

Tring won't have much more say in the beam transmissions of the satellite than the PL has. They lease space, they are nowhere near important enough to be able to dictate specifications to the satellite owners.

And how exactly will they tight beam the signal ?
    Will Eutelsat create a specific footprint just for Tring ? Have you any idea how expensive and difficult that is ?

Jaysus - this is getting needlessly aggressive!

Anyway, it's not difficult at all, depending on the downlink Tring request or are assigned to. Providers can and do and have requested transponder leases based on footprint.

Anyhoo - like I keep saying, I really, really hope I am wrong. We can sh1te on here all year but we're never going to know until the satellite goes live. By the way, I was highlighting the word PREDICTED because that is all it is. Nobody, not me or you, knows the true footprint and until we do nobody has an argument. All I was doing doing was giving my predication, which you seemed to jump down my throat about yet someone else's predication is OK? Weird.

Jaysus - this is getting needlessly aggressive!

All I was doing doing was giving my predication, which you seemed to jump down my throat about yet someone else's predication is OK? Weird.
    I dont mean to be aggressive,sorry if I came across in that manner,I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years .
    I will say no more on the matter,we will wait until July when W3C launches and the football rights are finalised as its all speculation at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What has that link got to do with receiving the Premier League via satellite?

adilali99 wrote: »
    Ok so as the new season draws closer everyday we have newbies joining and looking for a new way to watch the English Premier League on foreign satellite.. Live Football Matches

First post in the Foreign Satellite Section and its about internet streams, nothing to do with it at all :rolleyes:...

On a different note!!

Got my 1meter dish up with a black inverto lnb, can't wait for the footie to start :D:D

First post in the Foreign Satellite Section and its about internet streams, nothing to do with it at all :rolleyes:...

On a different note!!

Got my 1meter dish up with a black inverto lnb, can't wait for the footie to start :D:D

that's what im using at the moment, pretty happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Eutelsat W3C is due for launch in July so that should solve a lot of the problems on 16e .

Just checked http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/upcoming-launches.html

W3C
    - is scheduled for launch in third quarter 2011. It will be equipped with 56 transponders..... 56 Ku & 3 Ka transponders.
    W3C will be located at 16 degrees East, where it will continue to support the development of digital TV in Central and Eastern Europe and French-speaking Indian Ocean Islands, as well as open new resources for data services in Africa. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Tring Sports 2,3 and 4 now available on Tring transponder (11282) Not transmitting anything at present. Worringly only one audio stream at present

• Advertisement
Advertisement