Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best compliment you have ever received?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

SteoL wrote: »
    Wow the size of that. I don't think it will fit.

It must have been a big hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've got quite a few that would be the typical ones the girls are saying on here, and so it's naturally hard to believe them because of who they're coming from.

The ones that stand out to me are, my mam telling me of every one she knew I'm the easiest person to be around. The volume of people who've said they love my eyes would make me believe that I suppose. I know my bum is great :cool:

I once had a complete stranger shout at me in the street "you'd want to get a tan love!", but meh, it's what makes me different :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

"You're from Cork?"
    "Yeah"
    "But you don't have a Cork accent"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I know the best one I ever gave.

"I think I love you just as much as I love my dog."

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭oddman2

I've got quite a few that would be the typical ones the girls are saying on here, and so it's naturally hard to believe them because of who they're coming from.

The ones that stand out to me are, my mam telling me of every one she knew I'm the easiest person to be around. The volume of people who've said they love my eyes would make me believe that I suppose. I know my bum is great :cool:

I once had a complete stranger shout at me in the street "you'd want to get a tan love!", but meh, it's what makes me different :D

Only saw this at first. :eek:

• Advertisement

oddman2 wrote: »
    Only saw this at first. :eek:

Nah, she never knew how easy I was :pac:

I was talking to a girl I use to go to school with, she was generally regarded as the most attractive girl in the school. We were reminiscing for a good while then she hit me with, you are still very good looking I always fancied you in school but so did everyone else.

I was totally gobsmacked I had no idea that anyone fancied me, i always regarded myself as average to say the least. For a week afterwards I start to remember instances in school and realising sh!t they were actually making a pass at me. I still mourn the lost fanny I could have had if my self esteem was a little higher and I had known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Best backhand compliment I got was "you have lost soooooo much weight", meanwhile I didn't realise at the time I had 'soooooo much weight' to lose!! :eek:

Yeah, it's like that with a fair few overweight people who have lost a bit of weight. Even after Jonah Hill lost weight, as great as it was for him, I still thought he had a bit more to go. He looked far better, but he wasn't 'finished', if you know what I mean.

Same thing with that woman Dawn French - she's lost a load of weight and she looks great, but she still has a bit to go in order to be a healthy-thin size. But good for her and her doubtlessly-improved health even at this point.

On the negative side, you have that girl Nicole Ritchie, who was a bit 'tubby' (but still pretty, IMO) but somehow ended up looking like a skeleton as time went on. Not good.

I'd say people mostly compliment heavy people who have lost weight to encourage them to keep going.

"Yoreee mahhhh" says that to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

That I don't look old enough to have 18 & 16 year old daughters!

Is that because you look young or because you're only 30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

A few people have asked me if I was wearing contact lenses because my eyes are a very vivid blue. I considered that a compliment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You don't sweat much for a fat girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Those blow-job compliments are obviously genuine, every fella will tell ya that they're at their most honest just after one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Two guys were playing pool in a local café for teens.

It generally is winner stays on, so I called the next game. Just as we're racking up the game, the guy I'm about to play says "I bet you'll be fúcking pro at this, you're class at everything you do".

A really nice thing, but not entirely true I think. I'm pretty sure the compliment was purely based on being above average at school and good at Mario Kart. I'll take it though. :rolleyes:

amacachi wrote: »
    Those blow-job compliments are obviously genuine, every fella will tell ya that they're at their most honest just after one.

really?

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

When I was in primary school I was almost always finished work first by finding the most efficient way to do everything.

One of my teachers told me that
    "You are one of those people who will go through life doing as little as possible for as long as possible and die when you cant help it"

I think he was insulting me but I took it as a compliment of my time management skills :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

"Bob's not slow, he just takes his time..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Y'know, if you had a shave and a haircut and I saw you from far away, you're not too bad lookin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

best compliment i got was "ah at least your not a ginger fella"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A few people have asked me if I was wearing contact lenses because my eyes are a very vivid blue.
    Melange does that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

really?

>_>

I've yet to meet a girl who said she was told she wasn't great at blowjobs but have met plenty who were told they were deadly. Obviously most are above average. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Many many moons ago in my student days I scored with a girl in my extended social circle. She was waaaaaaaaay out of my league but after numerous months becoming her 'friend' and awaiting for the right balance of mutual alcohol application (She was wasted and i was merely tipsy and scheming) I nailed her and engaged in a frisky night of 'hide the sausage'. Her review to a mutual friend some time later was "He was much better than i expected". That is going on my head stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Ive been told im funny looking

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

You're not that bad looking for a ginge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

nice eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

That I have friendly eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That I have friendly eyes.

Famous last words,your username doesn't help either:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

I've been called a c*nt, which in Ireland means that somebody likes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

I'm consistently told I'm a team player, from work, mates and sports. I like that one.

Had a fair few vanity compliments, but their just subjective really. Beauty in the eye of the beholder an all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I've been told on a number of occasions that I should have been/should become a stripper.

Advertisement