Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Festival 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Apparently Geraghty's booked for the ride in the Rsa so that would suggest it's the plan but maybe they've a good amateur provisionally booked for the 4 miler too and will decide a day or 2 beforehand. Fat lot of use i am to you really :(

http://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/uk/2015/0228/683539-barry-geraghty-to-partner-the-young-master-in-rsa/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

pugw wrote: »

Delighted, one less decent horse for Very Wood to beat i the 4 miler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Wish they would ever hurry up and refund my MOT bet :rolleyes:

Bet 365 have only ever refunded the non runners on the day, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

The horse who looks value to me in the 4miler is Vroum Vroum Mag @ 16/1 NRNB. I know she may not turn up, is unproven over the trip and on better ground but she's been mighty impressive since coming over from France. She looks a serious talent, is rated around 143 despite never being extended and would be getting 7lbs from the boys. Despite what Willie's saying about the 'lazy' Don Poli being more suited to the 4miler, he's clearly just attempting to run a classier type there for Paddy to ride/win, no other reason. Paddy even hinted on the Final Furlong podcast at very beginning of season that he'd be trying his best to get DP (or Clondaw Court) in 4miler and Willies reaction to him winning on Back In Focus couple of years back showed what it meant to both. For that reason I think they'll be keen to run something better than Perfect Gentlemen and Ricci is quoted as saying VVM's festival target 'will depend what Don Poli does, Patrick would love to give her a spin I'd imagine, don't think the trip would be a problem' last week on ATR. If turning up, she'll be half her current price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭mountai

Last time I backed a 33/1 shot (and strongly tipped it on this site ) was Solwhit in the World hurdle. Now that PP are money back on non runners , I'm having a right good cut at Lite Duties in the Albert Bartlett. Mr Byrnes knows what it takes to win this race and I"ll be taking a chance on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Just cleaned up this thread after yesterday evenings shenanigans.

sting60 banned until the start of the 2015/16 NH season. Let's give it a rest now lads and win some money!

Thank you again to those who brought posts to my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Denman2008

Betfair doing 9/1 on Annie Power and Paint the Clouds. Not the biggest enhancement double pays about 17/2 with Paddy Power but I know a few of you could be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

Not one to take a short price about wherever she runs in a wide open world hurdle if the horse was 100per cent would win but the decision to go mares race tells she may not be in top condition wont have a penny on her dont get burned is my motto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Faugheen, Douvan, Annie Power, Un De Sceaux & Silvianaco Conti 68/1 :cool:

Not one to take a short price about wherever she runs in a wide open world hurdle if the horse was 100per cent would win but the decision to go mares race tells she may not be in top condition wont have a penny on her dont get burned is my motto

I understand your caution but honestly think its misplaced. Annie Power was never injured, she had a pre-stress fracture and the decision to rest her for a month was purely a precaution. Wouldn't worry about her not going to WH either, would be shocked if it wasn't always the plan to farm the Mares race with her for the next 5 years, particularly now its a Gr1. Willie and Ruby in particular are consistent in wanting as sure a Cheltenham winner
    as possible regardless of the race prestige. She's miles ahead of the likely field, Quinn's decent mare is out and her only serious rival is a stalemate who she's well ahead of while 2m4 is probably her most suitable trip. She's an absolute certainty, if turning up, in my book and anything around 4/5 would be value on the day. "I don't think there's a mare that can beat her off levels. I just think she's a real dinger" - Ruby in Today's Racing Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭mulbot

didn't ricci already say last week she just lacked the match fitness to run in the world hurdle?, hence goin to the mares with her,

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

Gwencily berbas now nearly 100% likely to go to the Fred Winter, I really liked him the last day and off 139, 16/1 is surely a price that will drop. Anyone any thoughts apart from the race being a lottery!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dickenson famous5

All will be revealed shortly, stopped training her for a month who knows if the real annie power turns up only willie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

ShaneU wrote: »

If it was only that simple.

It's an odd move not rerouting Annie to the World, in receipt of weight she has the beating of all save for maybe Rock on Ruby. With Annie in the World, Glens would probably win the Mares and thats two grade 1s for Mullins and Walsh.

ShaneU wrote: »

Without Conti it's probably 5/1 :D

Shemale wrote: »
    It's an odd move not rerouting Annie to the World, in receipt of weight she has the beating of all save for maybe Rock on Ruby. With Annie in the World, Glens would probably win the Mares and thats two grade 1s for Mullins and Walsh.

Yes probably but Glens will be retired at end of this season most likely while Annie will be around for years injury permitting. They want a Quevega like yearly banker and it'll be her.

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Yes probably but Glens will be retired at end of this season most likely while Annie will be around for years injury permitting. They want a Quevega like yearly banker and it'll be her.

I hope you are wrong, backed Annie for World and Glens for Mare when More of That came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

It's hardly odd considering it'll be her first run of the season and being a big chasing type she's probably hard enough to get fully fit

I hope you are wrong, backed Annie for World and Glens for Mare when More of That came out.

It's all about Ruby. He wants her in Mares so that's where she goes. He's already talking about the big 4 on day one, not even contemplating WH

• Advertisement

For all of us on the Rossom Paint The Clouds bandwagon, Warren Greatrex is at the Dunraven Preview Night tonight with Jonathan Mullin tweeting: Paint The Clouds in super form. "I think he might be better than a Hunter Chaser"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Mares' Hurdle really is a crap sideshow. I'm convinced that if Willie Mullins trained a latter day Dawn Run, he'd be keeping her under wraps to win four or five Mares' Hurdles. Given the paucity of genuine Stayers' Hurdle contenders, Annie would have a cracking chance of winning it this year, but they're obviously taking the easy way out - as they did with Quevega. There's a lot to be said for the old traditional three day fixture.

The Mares' Hurdle really is a crap sideshow. I'm convinced that if Willie Mullins trained a latter day Dawn Run, he'd be keeping her under wraps to win four or five Mares' Hurdles. Given the paucity of genuine Stayers' Hurdle contenders, Annie would have a cracking chance of winning it this year, but they're obviously taking the easy way out - as they did with Quevega. There's a lot to be said for the old traditional three day fixture.

Do you think she'd win it with having been off for so long? Ricci already said that's the reason they are going that route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

mulbot wrote: »
    Do you think she'd win it with having been off for so long? Ricci already said that's the reason they are going that route

There's not much need to overdo it if she's going for the mares' race. Quevega only made one or two appearances per season and she was still good enough to beat a bunch of donkeys. It would've been a different story if Mullins had to get her ready for the Stayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

For all of us on the Rossom Paint The Clouds bandwagon, Warren Greatrex is at the Dunraven Preview Night tonight with Jonathan Mullin tweeting: Paint The Clouds in super form. "I think he might be better than a Hunter Chaser"

Cheers for that. He's definitely way better than a Hunter Chaser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Just on this, if she is i wonder is she in foal by any chance, if so it could only be a good thing and makes her the ew bet of the festival, #clutchingatstraws:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

I agree so far in that it has been quevega show and now looks like an Annie show BUT i think it's very important to have this race for the mares programme. It gives incentive for owners to put NH fillys in training with a grade 1 in Cheltenham to go for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I understand your caution but honestly think its misplaced. She's miles ahead of the likely field, Quinn's decent mare is out and her only serious rival is a stalemate who she's well ahead of while 2m4 is probably her most suitable trip. She's an absolute certainty, if turning up, in my book and anything around 4/5 would be value on the day. "I don't think there's a mare that can beat her off levels. I just think she's a real dinger" - Ruby in Today's Racing Post.

Agree completely, except I am a greedier bastard than you! She is 5/6 on BF now (not NRNB, of course) and I would be pretty certain that some bookie (probably PP) will offer Evens on Tuesday morning. I will be having my biggest bet of the year at that price, if it happens. 10/11 would also be a max-bet price.

Annie Power was beaten a length and a half by an unbeaten and top-class winner in a much better race (Stayers Hurdle) last year with 5L back to the third. As a 7yo, it's quite possible that she will have improved from last year. Best trainer and best jockey looking after her. I really think the Mares race is a penalty kick and would have her as a 1/2 shot.

As an aside, I had my first Cheltenham 2015 bet today - Paint The Clouds @ 5/1 with PP (NRNB) in The Foxhunters. This horse could be different class to the FH field and I reckon 5/1 is a good price.

Edit: Apologies, didn't realise that PTC was Rossom's Cheltenham Nap. Not trying to take any credit should the horse win but just giving an opinion on the 5/1 NRNB available in PP now.

There's not much need to overdo it if she's going for the mares' race. Quevega only made one or two appearances per season and she was still good enough to beat a bunch of donkeys. It would've been a different story if Mullins had to get her ready for the Stayers.

I was talking about the stayers,if she hasn't ran since last year,do you think it would be a good idea to run her in the stayer's race,and do you think she would win that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I'd be willing to forgive them going the mares route on a preparation excuse, but only if they go and take on The New One et al in the Aintree hurdle afterwards. I also hope they dont shirk an inevitable confrontation of some sort should every horse stay sound, be it Faugheen vs AP at Aintree or Faugheen vs HF at Punchestown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement