Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi ladies,

I finally had some time today to finish reading of all posts.

I had routine hospital appointment last Thursday, baby is head down, so I was told to rest more then I did before. It is really hard to do, especially at work.
    Anyway it's 25 weeks today. Time is flying.

I had heartburn and swollen feet but when baby kicks it doesn't matter. :)
    I needed to get bra pads as my bubs gone mad. recommend tommy tipee pads http://www.mothercare.ie/tommee-tippee-disposable-breast-pads-50pack.html
    and nipple cream http://www.mothercare.ie/lansinoh-nipple-cream.html The cream is a little expensive but my sister recommended, as great and economical - one tube lasted 6 months, she breastfeed for 9 months and she used this cream during pregnancy and said it saved her.

oh we are almost done with nursery. some cleaning left, and I need to wait for the cot to arrive to Ikea.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Happy Easter all :)
    If anyone has picked up the eu mum box from centra/Supervalu can you let me know if there is a voucher for babyscan in the box?
    I tried to collect it today but both places had none in stock :(
    I want to book a 3D scan ASAP :)
    Just went through mine and no voucher I'm afraid. Just treat yourself and get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I don't think there I one in it,I'm not 100% sure but I got the pack in '11 and there was none in it.id love to go for another 3d scan now that she's a bit bigger

Thanks Tinkerbell :)
    Has anyone had a scan in blackrock at ultrasound demensions that has aviva discount? Trying to work out whether babyscan will be cheaper as I'm originally from swords so no tolls etc. to get across to blackrock...it will certainly be more convenient :)
    didn't use discount but went there and they are so nice and profess !

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

silly wrote: »
    Just went through mine and no voucher I'm afraid. Just treat yourself and get one!

Thanks for checking that for me Silly :)
    Def getting a scan done :D I like the idea of having babies first video & see her little face for the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I went to babyscan in swords,they were brilliant.

• Advertisement

Anyone else feeling increasingly uncomfortable? I'm almost 26 weeks and I feel so big! Baby is moving constantly! It almost feels like I'm bruised on the inside!
    Have to keep googling " baby moving too much?" as I guess I'm afraid that there is something not right.

Getting up off the couch or off the bed is a struggle! Putting on my shoes is a struggle. Getting comfy is a struggle!

I'm really feeling the pressure on my pubic bones too. They feel like they're bruised from a fall!?

Aaaaand, last but not least, my boobs are so sore/tender, even when wearing proper maternity bras.

I'm just having a grouchy moody bloated day.

Silly I feel big as well.
    My hubby called me "his elephant" few days ago, first I thought I will bite his head off and then I wasn't able to stop crying :/
    On the other hand he is right, I can't stop eating. I baked cheesecake on Friday afternoon and it was gone yesterday :/

i feel huge too, i find myself starting to waddle cause baby is putting so much pressure on bladder,

my oh keeps saying Aww look at your big fat belly, and my six year old sister asked me do i eat rennies now because im fat !

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm fairly uncomfortable, I really struggle bending down picking up stuff. Putting on socks is a nightmare, bring on the warmer weather when I can wear flip flops!!!

I feel huge, sometimes baby moves around so much at night I can't get comfortable at all. I have about 12 weeks to go! Counting down the weeks and days at this stage!

I have a routine appointment on Tuesday so hopefully everything will be fine. I bought the stretch mark cream from Mothercare and I swear that the stretch marks on my breast's are disappearing. Smells lovely too.

Must get the nipple cream! I haven't really had much leakage just the odd bit now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Saurelin wrote: »
    I had routine hospital appointment last Thursday, baby is head down, so I was told to rest more then I did before.

They said to me head down to but said nothing about rest? I wonder why....is it bad if head is down?

• Advertisement

theg81der it's good - baby is in proper position, but mine was quite low, and I had a few bleeding before so they are over protective, on the other side I admitted that I was painting nursery a little - maybe that a reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Excuse my extreme ignorance, but will the baby not change position a million times between now and labour? It's great the head is down, but do they expect it to stay down now?

I was feeling really big till I met up with OH's cousin girlfriend who is exactly 4 weeks ahead of me...she is huge! I'm going to have to invest in slip on shoes soon. I can imagine OH's face if I woke him at 8am to put on my shoes when he doesn't have to be up for ages!
    The cousins girlfriend gave us a gift set of avent bottles and microwave steriliser, thermo bag and a few other bits. I was totally overwhelmed, didn't really know her that we'll till we got
    Pregnant and now we txt every couple
    Of weeks. I think it's really cool that there will only be a few weeks between the babies.

kildareash doc said it is possible that she will change position but because she was down very low it is likely that she will stay like that for good

Saurelin wrote: »
    kildareash doc said it is possible that she will change position but because she was down very low it is likely that she will stay like that for good

Cool, fingers crossed she does stay down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Hi all, this is my first time to post here, took me about a week to read all previous comments lol!! I'm due around 9/10th July. Am getting movement but sometimes worry I'm not getting enough?? I know this would vary between women but anyone know the average amount of kicks you should be feeling??? Tnx!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hi & welcome
    I think it's 10 movements in a 24 hour period. If I'm not feeling enough or think I haven't felt any in a while I get an ice cold drink.it usually gets baby moving!!!

Robinc wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first time to post here, took me about a week to read all previous comments lol!! I'm due around 9/10th July. Am getting movement but sometimes worry I'm not getting enough?? I know this would vary between women but anyone know the average amount of kicks you should be feeling??? Tnx!

hey i.m due the 9th too!
    if i.m busy i dont really feel babe too much, well this week is Non stop, but usually if i lie down ill feel her within a few minutes,
    i would imagine everyones baby is different,
    silly says her baby kicks all day everyday , mine kicks at certain points of the day so im sure not everyone is the same
    try not worry too much if your gettin some movement, can never heard to drop into gp for peace of mind!x

You're right Tinkerbell, at my nurses appt during the week she said I shld be feeling at least 10 movements a day.
    But the WTE book says the baby will have "up" days and "down" days where it will just sit back and relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Robinc I still rarely feel babs during the day: and its not that I'm up doing stuff and just don't notice it :D I do feel him (or her!) at night alot though... If I lie on my side especially my left side babs normally objects like mad by kicking!

Silly I started using nipple cream it really really helped with the ouchiness :)

Saurelin try and take it easy... I know it really really hard with your boss though: just rem you and babs are most important. No more painting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Thanks!:) I think I just get paranoid sometimes!! I do feel it more when I start resting so maybe I'm just not noticing that much when I'm in work etc.. Hopefully this is a laid back baby lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Welcome RobinC, congrats on your impending bundle of joy :)

I was feeling so bad after pulling my ab muscles that even though I am a bit uncomfortable at the moment, it's nowhere near as bad as it was - so I feel pretty good. The only really difficult time is night time, I find it really hard to get comfy - since getting pregnant, I can only sleep on my side, but that starts to hurt my hip and my shoulder, so i'm trying to rotate between whichever one hurts less, if you know what i mean. But I hear you about the socks!!

As for kicking, Melody keeps fairly quiet during the day - a few kicks at a time, usually about 20 minutes after I eat. But once i lie down in bed, she goes a bit crazy practicing her disco moves. I counted about 40 kicks last night while reading my book. Usually there is at least 10 once I lie down.

Cyning painting is done ;-) I actually painted only near heater while sitting on the floor.

Anyway I'm good now :)

anyone hungry all time? it is getting difficult - I wake up usually at 6 am (even on weekends) hungry like a hell.
    Today I had salad, few thick slices of ham, 3 big toasts tomato and after an hour I was hungry again
    I will go bankrupt soon :P

Robinc mine usually sleeps when I'm moving, but when I rest she is moving much more
    and I notice that every time approx 30 min after I eat something sweet she starts moving a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Welcome Robin!

Well I've been using E45 cream on my face and it seems to have improved it slightly. Working on eating something fishy every day too.

I feel massive too, I've put on just over 20lbs :eek: and the max we're supposed to be putting on by the end is 35-40lbs. Ah well, no point worrying too much.

Found out today that in-laws are going to get us a travel system. I'm delighted as that sorts the pram & car seat. We're going to take good care of the system though so we can pass it onto OH's younger siblings when they have kids. Mother-in-law bought OH's older brother tons of baby stuff and he gave it all away to friends or his wifes family and it never came back or came back broken or missing stuff. So even though they have 2 young kids, they've nothing at all to pass to us.

He'd tried giving us this crib that was in their attic but it's missing half the parts, no instructions and it's just not safe. Then he tried to tell us "ah sure hang on to it & if you want to get rid of it then go ahead". Eh, no, we'll be dropping it straight back to you to deal with sunshine!

Anyway, the only other biggish thing we have to get is the cot and a monitor thingy. Just takes the pressure off.

Welcome robin, I seem to have the opposite problem too you, I feel baby is moving too much! I'm wrecked from waking up at night because of it. But I've heard so many times, each baby is different. I'm hoping that my baby is just tiring themselves out and will be very placid when they arrive....wishful thinking I know.

Next weekend we are finally going to pick out a buggy. We have sooooo much to get really , i.e everything! But hubby works 6.5 days a week, it's next to impossible to tie him down to a shopping date!
    We have yet to buy:
    All baby clothes
    Stuff for my hospital bag
    Buggy
    Cot and bedding
    Nursery furniture
    Monitor
    Bottles and/or breast pump.
    Steriliser
    With 14 weeks left I really should get started in something.

Has anybody seen the nursery sets from Argos, cot, wardrobe and chest of drawers? Are they any good or pure ****e I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Silly we are the same bar the monitor & a few clothes but have nothing else :eek:

We have our travel system picked pretty much & intend putting a deposit down at the baby fair (discounts at the show), just need to check how it fits in our car :) We will be getting a maxi cosi (cabrio or pebble) car seat but need to check which base fits in our car (despite having isofix it seems the isofix might not fit :rolleyes: ).
    I'm not as panicked about the nursery as they won't be in it for 6 months...partner is as we will need it for changing etc & she's probably right :)

Hoping that the baby fair will kick me in to gear :D

Welcome RobinC & well done reading all our posts so far! If you can find our dates post add yourself in :)

Mink wrote: »
    Welcome Robin!

Well I've been using E45 cream on my face and it seems to have improved it slightly. Working on eating something fishy every day too.

I feel massive too, I've put on just over 20lbs :eek: and the max we're supposed to be putting on by the end is 35-40lbs. Ah well, no point worrying too much.

Found out today that in-laws are going to get us a travel system. I'm delighted as that sorts the pram & car seat. We're going to take good care of the system though so we can pass it onto OH's younger siblings when they have kids. Mother-in-law bought OH's older brother tons of baby stuff and he gave it all away to friends or his wifes family and it never came back or came back broken or missing stuff. So even though they have 2 young kids, they've nothing at all to pass to us.

He'd tried giving us this crib that was in their attic but it's missing half the parts, no instructions and it's just not safe. Then he tried to tell us "ah sure hang on to it & if you want to get rid of it then go ahead". Eh, no, we'll be dropping it straight back to you to deal with sunshine!

Anyway, the only other biggish thing we have to get is the cot and a monitor thingy. Just takes the pressure off.
    mink i have put on 10 kg , i was worried it was too much but my doctor and midwife didn't seem to care because of my height.

i need sleep. my belly has gotten huge that when i wake up at night and usually i know i have a few more hours before i need to pee , now i need to go straight away

so very tired

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Hallo Robinc i panicked a couple of weeks ago when I didnt feel baby move for 24hrs. rang the and they said come ib as soon as i get off the phone baby started doing disco moves. around this time baby gets a growrh spurt so less room to move around. I barely slept last night if baby didn't have the hiccups then it was having a rave.

I've a few baby grows bought but nothing else. I know what pram I want to get so just waitinf for it to come up 2nd hand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Java what height are you again? I think I remember you saying you were quite tall. I'm 5'8" so maybe this weight gain is ok for my height. Midwife didn't say anything about it at last visit anyway. I still fit in my clothes I was fitting into several weeks ago (apart from bump is tighter).

Twomums the whole car seat thing is mind boggling. My car is a 97 and OH's car is 02 so I doubt they have the fittings to accomodate an isofix. Will have to go with an old school car seat I think.

Silly I'm usually a bit dubious re Argos furniture. Just don't get anything from their "value" range and you'll be fine I'd say.

Definitely looking forward to the babyfair next weekend. I'll be looking at 6/7mths pregnant women wondering if it's any of you :D

yeah mink im about 5'9 too. gonna try watch what i eat more closely tho cause its going bump, arse, thighs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Anyone else finding their weight varies hugely? One day I`m 1 and half stone up next less than a stone :confused: Started watching myself this week. I was a stone over weight anyway when I got pregers (after lossing 3 1/2 stone before that) so should only gain 15-25lbs in the whole pregnancy. and 3rd trimester is 1lb a week so thats 12lbs so should only have gained maybe 7lbs so far. Want to be back in shape and at the gym asap, don`t want to go back to being overweight and unhappy when I was so close.

Advertisement