Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Congratulations and welcome to trions and linbrize!
    silly wrote: »
    Has anybody have any idea what kind of buggy you'll be getting.

I also bought one pair of maternity jeans in new look for €18.99. Very comfy.

We bought our buggy/travel system last week - it's a Britax B-Smart system. It had excellent reviews, so i'm hoping it will do the trick.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_54+5002+475_10751_-1_14601_148344_10001_14601

I bought some maternity wear in Mothercare online, hopefully it will be delivered today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Kash wrote: »
    Congratulations and welcome to trions and linbrize!
    Has anybody have any idea what kind of buggy you'll be getting.

I also bought one pair of maternity jeans in new look for €18.99. Very comfy.

We bought our buggy/travel system last week - it's a Britax B-Smart system. It had excellent reviews, so i'm hoping it will do the trick.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_54+5002+475_10751_-1_14601_148344_10001_14601

I bought some maternity wear in Mothercare online, hopefully it will be delivered today!
    Oh I like the look of that buggy. But we are thinking of getting the twin. Did you buy from that website or did ye buy in a shop?
    I think the isofix bases are about €120 - €140

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Someone has offered me a bugaboo so I just have to buy new covers. Anyone know anywhere that stocks them, think I fancy the missoni ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Sorry I'm not normally part of this thread but was reading as am on train and v.bored do reading everything! Just wanted to highlight the baby jogger city select travel system if your thinking of having a second child soon after first - its what I got (36 weeks now) and have to say even in my awkward condition I can manage it really well - there's a video online which shows you all the different ways you can have it as a double but it's really great as a single buggy too even if ya never had a second! I like it much more than the Philip and teds as I don't want any baby or child of mine to be that near to the ground! This one they can both be higher but it's still not a side by side! It's comes with the maxi cosi which clicks right in. You start off with the pram fitting for up to 6 months and then this adapts to the chair! So whichever way you want to use it it's quite simple. Anyway have a look online - its not in tony kealys but is in bella baby and other places. I just said id mention it as we spent ages looking into buggies with the intention of having a second baby at some stage soon please god!
    Hope it helps... And sorry for gate crashing!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi All, Hope your all keeping well. I have not posted for a while but have been following.

We went into mothercare yesterday and bought the Quinny buzz travel system which includes the dreamicot,maxi cosy and isofix thingy, got the lots for 720 whcih they say was 300 off! Sale ended yesterday. I have seen them around and always thought they looked the business and once I spoke to a few people whi have them and they all seemed to love them.

15 weeks down.......... so many more to go but feeling great so far!

• Advertisement

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    Hi All, Hope your all keeping well. I have not posted for a while but have been following.

We went into mothercare yesterday and bought the Quinny buzz travel system which includes the dreamicot,maxi cosy and isofix thingy, got the lots for 720 whcih they say was 300 off! Sale ended yesterday. I have seen them around and always thought they looked the business and once I spoke to a few people whi have them and they all seemed to love them.

15 weeks down.......... so many more to go but feeling great so far!
    I was looking at the exact one yesterday, loved it, but seriously considering the twin. And I have no desire for the pram attachment, I would never use it. It was excellent price though.

dublinlady wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not normally part of this thread but was reading as am on train and v.bored do reading everything! Just wanted to highlight the baby jogger city select travel system if your thinking of having a second child soon after first - its what I got (36 weeks now) and have to say even in my awkward condition I can manage it really well - there's a video online which shows you all the different ways you can have it as a double but it's really great as a single buggy too even if ya never had a second! I like it much more than the Philip and teds as I don't want any baby or child of mine to be that near to the ground! This one they can both be higher but it's still not a side by side! It's comes with the maxi cosi which clicks right in. You start off with the pram fitting for up to 6 months and then this adapts to the chair! So whichever way you want to use it it's quite simple. Anyway have a look online - its not in tony kealys but is in bella baby and other places. I just said id mention it as we spent ages looking into buggies with the intention of having a second baby at some stage soon please god!
    Hope it helps... And sorry for gate crashing!! :)
    Thanks for your input dublinlady. I must look into them, I don't really want the pram fitting as I wouldn't really use it. I just want a twin, that a maxi cosi will fit onto.
    We are not due until July, so we will not be purchasing until may probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Aren't the pushchairs just a ridiculous price?
    I've been looking out for a good second hand one on adverts etc, but I've no idea what I'm looking for!

Boyf doesn't have isofix seats in his car so well have to get a normal car seat for his car, as he will be dropping babs to babysitter in the mornings. But at least he can leave babs and chair into her. Otherwise we wld have needed to buy her a base too.

So much to consider! I don't think I put as much thought into buying my car as I have the pushchair/car seat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

i bought a quinny buzz from adverts for 250euro. It is perfect and gorgeous..

javagal wrote: »
    i bought a quinny buzz from adverts for 250euro. It is perfect and gorgeous..
    Does that come with a car seat, or will you buy that separate?

• Advertisement

Does that come with a car seat, or will you buy that separate?

No Carseat. It came with frame, basket, carrycot thing,adapters, buggy part(does them till one) and bigger buggy part(does them till 3) and rain covers, delighted with it. It's grey and black too so unisex.
    I have to buy the maxi cosi car seat which is 100e I think so 350 for somthing that would prob cost over 700e in shop

That's great value Java, think I'll need to wreck some poor retail assistants head with loads of questions before I buy - new or secondhand!

I did see an ad somewhere recently of a girl who was selling her red pushchair, that was brand new, never used, because she just found out she was having a girl and wanted a pink one! Hope it was no one here, but it did make me laugh!
    I did think lucky girl, coz I know the words himself wld use if I wanted to do something like that and although few, they wouldn't be repeatable here!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hiya girls,haven't posted in a while..all has been great here, barely any morning sickness,feeling great :).
    I had a graco buggy from when I has ds1 so 8 years and I was planning on using it when ds4 came along but when I had ds4 early and he was so tiny DH went and bought an obaby zezu pramette..the dotty lime one,and I have to say I love it. I'm hoping he will be walking by July so and I'm looking forward to putting it back into pram mode.
    Has my obs app last Monday and was so disappointed he didn't scan me.he doesn't want to see me till 30 weeks which seems ages away so I'm going to ultrasound dimensions for the fetal anomaly scan and the girl said they will tell me the gender too :) its usually €145 but I've a medical card so it's €95.im really looking forward to that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Thanks for all the advice on maternity clothes - will def have the hit the shops next weeend! on buggys i've been doing some research - it's a bit confusing - way too many to choose from. the maxi cosi car seat is fantastic, my sister has one and it saves so much hassle messing around with seat belts, just clicks into the base unit, seems very secure. on buggies I've been asking around, I'd decided in a quinny but a few people said the chassis part is very heavy, a few people have recommended icandy as they are very lightweight. there website address is www.icandy.co.uk - think these are my new favourite - nice designs, good range of colours, maxi cosi compatible.... will prob change my mind 10 more times b4 we actually buy!!!
    Hope you're all doing well,
    Trions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 PuntoSeller

We went for the Beep from Baby Elegance, It's an isofix base, has carseat, prambase and pushchair base and was around €450 all in all I think.
    Systems are crazy prices but the Beep ticked all our boxes without me having a heart attack over the price. Although in general we've been very lucky with people lending us most of the big items!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I'm really shying away from all this push chair, car seat stuff. I find it so confusing!! I think I'll leave it til end of spring!

I'm coming down with something :( sore throat, headache & nose blocking up. Hopefully it's just a cold!

Went public on facebook yesterday, was lovely getting loads of feedback from friends & family who I don't get to see very often.

Mink wrote: »
    I'm really shying away from all this push chair, car seat stuff. I find it so confusing!! I think I'll leave it til end of spring!

I'm coming down with something :( sore throat, headache & nose blocking up. Hopefully it's just a cold!

Went public on facebook yesterday, was lovely getting loads of feedback from friends & family who I don't get to see very often.

What did you say Mink? I`ve been individually telling people but would love to put it up on fb, no idea what you say thou!

And I completely agree pushchairs etc are sooooo confusing i`m lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

You could always use the quote from Juno: My eggo is preggo :)

I've heard of a few funny announcements since I did mine:

"X & X failed at Maths: they put 1 and 1 together, but came up with 3..."
    and
    "Guess what I have!" with a picture of a bun in an oven.

I thought they were cute, but I'm pretty kitsch. But to be honest, I think the nicest ones are those that suit you and your OH - whatever you put up, people will be delighted. The feedback is so lovely to get!

Kash wrote: »
    You could always use the quote from Juno: My eggo is preggo :)

I've heard of a few funny announcements since I did mine:

"X & X failed at Maths: they put 1 and 1 together, but came up with 3..."
    and
    "Guess what I have!" with a picture of a bun in an oven.

I thought they were cute, but I'm pretty kitsch. But to be honest, I think the nicest ones are those that suit you and your OH - whatever you put up, people will be delighted. The feedback is so lovely to get!
    I have put up a comment on a private event that all my cousins are on (cousins wedding afters) about how I'll be going but not drinking because of my current condition. Only 2 have copped it! Dumbasses!

Hope you al had a nice weekend ladies!!

Just wondering if anyone cared to share their day to day diet with me.

I'm eating :
    Breakfast: Shredded Wheat and An Orange
    Lunch: Scrambled Egg / Wrap
    Dinner: Chicken Casserole or something of that nature
    Night time Snack(9pm) Ryvita or cereal

I don't think my diet is too bad but all day I crave meat and am starving again before bed(11.30)

I just want to get baby al the nutrients it needs, while feeling satisfied and not piling on the weight..

• Advertisement

Breakfast: weetabix w/ banana or Cheerios. tea
    11am: mango and grapes or scone. Tea
    1pm: wrap/pitta with ham/chicken/tuna, cheese, peppers, tomatoes,Cucumber, lettuce and salad cream.
    Kiwi yoghurt.
    Tea
    6pm: scrambled egg/toast or pasta or toasted sandwich.

8/9pm tea and a few biscuits or 2 finger kit kat/pinguin bar.

theg81der wrote: »
    What did you say Mink? I`ve been individually telling people but would love to put it up on fb, no idea what you say thou!

Remember that you can set it so that only certain people see the post, if you like. I wasn't that bothered as I personally know all the people on my friends list and there's no one I dislike etc. My privacy settings are all set to "friends only"

I put a pic of one of my scans & wrote "Hi everyone, I know I look a bit freaky now but I promise I'll be cute when I arrive at the end of the summer and turn my parents' life arse-ways."

I was tempted to just put "up the duff" or "up the pole" but my UK/US/foreign friends wouldn't get that at all at all.

You guys are pretty healthy!!

Brekkie: Muesli (the Flahavans Hi-8 one, I hate all the others) & glass of freshly squeezed OJ.

Throughout morning: Small coffee, 3-4 pieces of fruit & a baby-bell cheese.

Lunch: Ham and cheese sambo on brown (or some sort of sambo, sometimes with veg) & a yogurt, cup of tea

Dinner: Steak, oven chips & brocolli.... or chicken fajitas.... or chicken & mushroom vol u vents... or waffles eggs & beans:P... or chicken curry and rice & naan. I try add a side salad to some of these to get more veg.

Supper: McCambridges toast or rice crackers & occasionally hot chocolate with marshmallows :rolleyes:

On the weekends we might have a mini-fry for brekkie & I usually have a little dessert after dinner.

I find that it's getting harder and harder to feel full & I get hungrier faster.

Wow!! you guys are totally healthy!! I may have left out my binges on jaffa cakes and chinese from mine!!

Gonna start making chicken and veggie soup to have at night with brown bread.

My sis in law is 8months pregnant atm and she has given me all her maternity stuff she is too big for.
    Tried one on.. I think...Wow this is so comfy and flowy.... I feel great...
    *Looks in Mirror BAM!!! Knockers in your face!!!* They are HUGE!

javagal wrote: »

My sis in law is 8months pregnant atm and she has given me all her maternity stuff she is too big for.
    Tried one on.. I think...Wow this is so comfy and flowy.... I feel great...
    *Looks in Mirror BAM!!! Knockers in your face!!!* They are HUGE!

I was looking at tops on new look website today, the tops look really nice...but....the models are clearly not really pregnant, so they have these tiny boobs that look great in the tops, my boobs would be hanging out for sure.

I just got " by the way, wearing black doesn't make you look slim" from a 7.5 months pregnant work colleague.
    I hope I'm not that bitchy when I'm 7.5 months gone!!!
    I was stumped!

I just got " by the way, wearing black doesn't make you look slim" from a 7.5 months pregnant work colleague.
    I was stumped!
    You can be that bitchy to her when your 7.5 months.."Your right about black, doesn't hide the baby weight"

I was stumped!

What a wagon! :eek:

I was stumped!

What a wagon!

Girls, your diets are amazing compared to mine!

Breakfast: cereal and low fat or slimline milk. Glass of juice.

Mid morning snack: ryvita and low fat laughing cow

Lunch: sandwich/pitta bread with ham or turkey, lettuce and coleslaw

Dinner: god knows! Some evenings cld just be scrambled eggs and toast. I made a real effort at the wkend and made chicken and leeks pies from scratch and they were delish.
    OH has to have a low fibre diet so I really struggle to eat veg too as it just doesn't seem worth cooking for one :( I also have to be careful with fats and acidy foods and if that wasn't enough I'm a picky water!

Will usually have some snacks in the eve maybe a bar and this week it's just cheapy orange ice pops from dunnes!

I really need to try harder

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »

Girls, your diets are amazing compared to mine!

Breakfast: cereal and low fat or slimline milk. Glass of juice.

Mid morning snack: ryvita and low fat laughing cow

Lunch: sandwich/pitta bread with ham or turkey, lettuce and coleslaw

Dinner: god knows! Some evenings cld just be scrambled eggs and toast. I made a real effort at the wkend and made chicken and leeks pies from scratch and they were delish.
    OH has to have a low fibre diet so I really struggle to eat veg too as it just doesn't seem worth cooking for one :( I also have to be careful with fats and acidy foods and if that wasn't enough I'm a picky water!

Will usually have some snacks in the eve maybe a bar and this week it's just cheapy orange ice pops from dunnes!

I really need to try harder
    there's nothing wrong with that diet!
    I think we are all doing very well.
    I've definitely put on some non baby weight since finding out, which is annoying, but I went mad on bread at the start, trying to stay away from the dreaded bread now, but some evenings all I'm in the mood for is a cuppa and a hang sanger.

Advertisement